Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway,
I think black as an " Elegant" and chic dress is ok, but you should " cheer it up"
with colorful accessories, like a colorful bag or earrings, otherwise it's too " widowish "

Around € 340.000,--

kaffir said:
How much was raised?

In 2006 the Bal de la Rose for the Fondation Princesse Grace de la Principauté de Monaco raised € 340.277,--.

See link.

:flowers:

Sounds nice, but I'm not too impressed, knowing the attendance of milliardaires in the principality. For comparision: the 2006 Amsterdam Diner, an open air diner on a square in Amsterdam, to promote AIDS Awareness resulted in € 460.000,-- and all that without Monegasque milliardaires.

yes they acted strangely

C smiled too much. and E seemed away but he has medical trouble it is bovious (look at his face too much alcohool) and it is not easy to deal with this disease prince or not.

bronwen said:
I too have noticed that Caroline and Ernst seem to be distant in their behavior to one another. They are not really "together" during the course of the entire night. There were really no pics of them at all recently. Nothing to mention from Zurs this year. I was hoping that something cozy would show itself between them at the Rose Ball, but no luck. Oh...oh.

Thank you Sebastian, very good job as usual!

Sebastian, thanx for the link. I haven't seen that pic Tatiana. It looks like her dress and that red flower (rose?) were perfectly matching the ball theme

There is a new generation on Monaco!!! It´s nice to see Caroline soons and friends enjoying there selfs...Andrea and Tatiana are a very pretty couple...

Smiles all around

It is so good to see Charlotte smiling. She and Andrea never seem to smile much, but when they do it is heartwarming.

Also, I cannot believe how much Pierre looks like Stefano. Amazing. I know that's his father and all, but still. It's like Caroline and Charlotte, just too amazing the similarity!! :) ;)

I think it's great that the Casiraghis are able to show how they're the future of Monaco and that their family unity is really obvious. I just wish the Hannover boys attended the event too, along with the Casiraghis' friends.

The Casiraghis had like a party of 30 some odd friends there. One not published or printed in the magazines was Tatiana's cousin Bettina. Bettina is good friends with Charlotte. They were together last summer at Monte Carlo beach club and Grand Prix.

Quite a few of them ended up at Jimmy'z which surprised me, as that seems to be Albert's hang-out.

I ussualy don't like Charlotte taste for clothes but I must admit that she is so beautiful that any clothes will suite her very well, lucky her! But IMO she has an horrible taste for clothes and shoes!When she was a young girl she ussualy put high heels shoes that doesn't work for her age, her clothes were too old for her and didn't suite her at all!

bronwen said:
I too have noticed that Caroline and Ernst seem to be distant in their behavior to one another. They are not really "together" during the course of the entire night. There were really no pics of them at all recently. Nothing to mention from Zurs this year. I was hoping that something cozy would show itself between them at the Rose Ball, but no luck. Oh...oh.
Well I have to disagree. I think they looked really happy at this years Rose Ball. Just have a look at these pics:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

I could go on and on. You're right that they don't look like in 1998 or 1999 but for a couple that is married for over 8 years now, they look pretty happy to me.

Oh and have you noticed that beautiful ring in shape of a heart, she has also worn it at the Rose Ball 2000

The ring in 2007 and in 2000

And here a nice close up of her bag - Link

It looks like Juliette Maillot is wearing Princess Caroline's Cartier diamond earrings (she last wore them to the Opera on Prince Albert's Enthronement in 2005).

monaco70s said:
It looks like Juliette Maillot is wearing Princess Caroline's Cartier diamond earrings (she last wore them to the Opera on Prince Albert's Enthronement in 2005).
I also noticed that, Caroline wore them several times including the Rose Ball 1992

Yeah that's right! Also Eugene Niarchos and Tina Fhor were wearing the same bracelets.

She must be Charlotte's friend Vanina Mandeli(or Mandelli);)

fandesacs2003 said:
Who is that girl near Caroline?? I know her but it is impossible to put a name in her face.

Thanks
Christine
She's also the daughter of Luisita Soldati(Caroline's friend).

monaco70s said:
Yeah that's right! Also Eugene Niarchos and Tina Fhor were wearing the same bracelets.
The girl with the violet/blue dress is Gaia Repossi not Tina Fhor.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
tbhrc said:
Well I have to disagree. I think they looked really happy at this years Rose Ball. Just have a look at these pics:

I could go on and on. You're right that they don't look like in 1998 or 1999 but for a couple that is married for over 8 years now, they look pretty happy to me.

I agree with you about Caroline and Ernst. I only want to add that they do look very much contented in all situations, to me at least. I think they have reached the point in a successful marriage where there is not always an apparent "spark" because life for them has reached an even keel of contentedness. They enjoy their life together, so it seems to me, and therefore don't need any extra "flare", for lack of a better expression. :flowers: That kind of purity is what people dream of.

Rose Ball - March 29th, 2008

This thread is dedicated to this years Bal de la Rose. It will be on March 29th, 8pm.

Have a look at prior Rose Ball Threads: 2005 2006 2007

And please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
  • Speculations about a possible guest list will be deleted.
Happy posting!

Thanks tbhrc! I'm sure this Ball will a success. Has it been said who will be performing that night? I can imagine Alaska will perform since she's in the poster. There are so many great musical options for that night!

Can't help but think they've chosen a seemingly fitting theme. Though of course inadvertently and not at all in the way my mind is wandering.:blush: :duckie:

Is this when the "announcement" will be made?

Back
Top Bottom