Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately, my post will have a lot of negative comments. I didn't like Caroline's or Charlotte's dresses at all. That necklace on Caroline was awful--way too big. However, both looked beautiful as far as hair and makeup goes. Albert, Ernst, & Pierre all looked quite handsome-hard to go wrong with the classic black tux. I didn't think Andrea looked good however. I usually don't like his hair, but in the photos I've seen his face is way too thin and drawn & his coloring is bad. He just doesn't look healthy to me. JMO

libra65 said:
Unfortunately, my post will have a lot of negative comments. I didn't like Caroline's or Charlotte's dresses at all. That necklace on Caroline was awful--way too big. However, both looked beautiful as far as hair and makeup goes. Albert, Ernst, & Pierre all looked quite handsome-hard to go wrong with the classic black tux. I didn't think Andrea looked good however. I usually don't like his hair, but in the photos I've seen his face is way too thin and drawn & his coloring is bad. He just doesn't look healthy to me. JMO
I agree with you, and i've got the same reaction from people who attended the ball and saw them close up. they weren't impressed with caro and charlotte's outfits, andrea looked in bad shape and he smoked a lot.

What is wrong with their dresses? They were elegant and fashionable too, we live in Europe and don't need to show anything with our clothes like you do in Usa...

supernova said:
What is wrong with their dresses? They were elegant and fashionable too, we live in Europe and don't need to show anything with our clothes like you do in Usa...

What does that have to do with anything? No one mentioned Europe. :rolleyes:

I think Caroline's and Charlotte's dresses were very appropriate for the gypsy theme. Very lacy and flowy and dark/mysterious.

Andrea does look very bad. He probably already has a smoker's cough at his young age. Must it take lung cancer before those people stop lighting up?

Originally Posted by Tosca
Did anyone notice the shoes Andrea was wearing at the Ball?

He seems to wear them everywhere nowadays, Tosca;) Note that his bow tie is dotty as well. Kinda clownish:)
I thought Caro's and Charlotte's outfits were probably not as elegant as always, but they were perfect for the theme of the ball. And they both looked so incredibly happy! Pierre was the handsome prince charming, definitely.
I did mention before that I also thought Andrea looked very unhealthy. And he is the only one we didn't get a picture of smiling when dancing. Such a shame.

One more online article from hello!:
Monaco royals throw themselves into Rose Ball's gypsy theme

Last edited:
supernova said:

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking European fashion. They just didn't strike my fancy. Most American fashion doesn't either. I may have had a different opinion of Caroline's dress if we could actually see. That necklace just completely overwelmed it. I thought Andrea's shoes were clever in keeping with the theme of the night. The sunken cheeks do remind me of a long time smoker. I hope he gives up that nasty habit. He is much too young & handometo be aging so fast.:ermm:

Carolina's dress is way too flashy IMO, and I didnt like her loop earrings either.
Charlotte is very beautiful, I like her dress, the beaded upper part is striking.:wub: Her earrings are amazing.
Andrea.. OMG, TOO skinny, I REALLy dont like him at all.:sad:

Caro's jewellery

HRH Princess Caroline's gargantuan necklace in silver looking quite Romany Gypsy and her earrings as hoops were in tandem for the Ball's theme Tziganie. I thought it was cleverly interwoven into her attire. It does bring out the focus,theme of the Ball and I was happy to see the Grimaldis kick up their heels like that.Hopefully, this is just a phase Andrea is going through and should soon be out of it like all youngsters.

Last edited:
supernova said:
Hello supernova.
I thought like you that the gowns were aesthetically beautiful.We in North America like to show that we have taken a shower before we get into our gowns[since our hot water supply is twenty four hours straight without additional expenditure to our electricity bills} and that we are properly groomed as you do in Europe I am certain.So there is no difference between us I have yet to perceive; basically six of one and half a dozen of the other.The Ball was a grand success and that is the point we agree on and keep in mind.Also you point out that we may want to prove something with our gowns and then you indicate that Andrea was being provocative with his shoes that have a skull and crossbones insignia on them which was in keeping with the Gypsy theme. In a globalized world fashions just may have the identical intention no matter where the geography. I loved everything about the Rose Ball and wish I had been there myself.It looked like such fun which Balls should be....

Last edited:
supernova said:

I totally agree with you :flowers:

We, European, are very very different about the fashion and clothes between Europe and the USA. Especially in France, it's more classic and dark like Chanel. That's our mentality and our culture. Me too, I dress a lot of dark.

I'm sorry to tell you but we don't really want to see Paris Hilton or Anna Smith at the famous Rose Ball because of very poor intellectual and too fashion victim....

To be honest, I really love the great dress of HRH the Princess Caroline and the necklace is fabulous, very very original and amazing!! That's why it is perfect for the Gypsy theme of Rose Ball !

Last edited:
Thanks to all who provided numerous links and pics of Rose Ball!:flowers:
It's great to see Casiraghi & Co. where there again! Liked their outfits..Ladies and gentlemens were stylish as always, but have to agree that Andrea looks so skinny..maybe it's just a phase.

I've enjoyed watching dancing pics..Somebody said that Charlotte usually looks shy, but on dance floor everything changes. I agree with that! I believe her godmother admitted that in some interview, mentioning her 'passion' for dance. Loved those pics of Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst too..such nice couple!

What to say..it was definately great party (night) in Monaco!:flowers:

Last edited:
Ianna said:
What to say..it was definately great night in Monaco!:flowers:

Oh yes, it was a great night at the Rose Ball, I promise I will to attend to the Rose Ball one day (maybe in 2 years) no matter of entrance price .... :flowers:
It will be one of my best dreams ....

le_ptit_diablotin said:
I totally agree with you :flowers:

We, European, are very very different about the fashion and clothes between Europe and the USA. Especially in France, it's more classic and dark like Chanel. That's our mentality and our culture. Me too, I dress a lot of dark.

I'm sorry to tell you but we don't really want to see Paris Hilton or Anna Smith at the famous Rose Ball because of very poor intellectual and too fashion victim....

To be honest, I really love the great dress of HRH the Princess Caroline and the necklace is fabulous, very very original and amazing!! That's why it is perfect for the Gypsy theme of Rose Ball !

I am sorry to tell you that HSH Princess Grace who established this Rose Ball never once wore black in public unless for a funeral or to visit the Pope. Just once circa 1967 she as captured on film for the Oscars and she was in black once and that was it. Strange the Princess wore Chanel in pastels but never dark colours.Yet she was regarded as one of the most elegant women of all time.Indeed she was regarded as "elegant" without having to resort to Mussolini 's imperative colour. In fact the inventor of the Rose Ball must have had an aversion to dark. Chanel was never embraced by Europe as she said herself.That is revision of history In 1954 we bought her clothes from her to sustain the House of Chanel as she was shunned by this peculiar European chauvinism against her clothes as varaitions on a uniform's theme. We gave her all the business from in here in North America where Chanel and Princess Grace who never wore black in public was and is adored and I agree.Show me a picture of Princess Grace wearing black to the Rose Ball. No such thing exists .Contarily to this Ball she wore more white than dark and she was impeccably groomed.
I hope you do go to the Rose Ball and you wear whatever suits your fancy.

Last edited:
Jaya said:
Strange the Princess wore Chanel in pastels but never dark colours.Yet she was regarded as one of the most elegant women of all time. Princess Grace who never wore black in public was and is adored and I agree.Show me a picture of Princess Grace wearing black to the Rose Ball. I hope you do go to the Rose Ball and you wear whatever suits your fancy.

Well I agree with you. But we know as well that the favourite colour of HRH The Princess Caroline is blue dark and black dark according to her unofficial biography. As you can remark, Caroline often wore in dark colour. Why? Because I think it might suits perfectly to her and her personnality, maybe to her age.
Do you think if is it suitable to the spouse of President Bush if she is able to wear in pink or yellow? No ... And The Duchess of Cornwall Camilla? Nope... That's why. I mean it about evening dress and no official daily clothes :flowers:
I'm absolutely sure that her mother the Princess Grace will very proud of her daugther, because Caroline is also one of the most elegant women of the world, don't forget it. Caroline have been elected several times the most elegant women of the world (she beated several times her title compared to the Princess Diana.....)

Ianna said:
Wish your dream comes true, le_ptit_diablotin!:flowers:

Thank you for your kind message! I'm sure I will go one day... I know perfectly Monaco and I've already met Caroline twice time.... :flowers: It was just amazing and I cannot never forget the magical moment with her!

le_ptit_diablotin said:
Oh yes, it was a great night at the Rose Ball, I promise I will to attend to the Rose Ball one day (maybe in 2 years) no matter of entrance price .... :flowers:
It will be one of my best dreams ....

I submit that we at the Royal Forums take up a collection to send le ptit diablotin to the Rose Ball in 2 years, because he is the greatest fan of the queen of princesses and he deserves it because he is also the nicest ! He can repay us by being our reporter, because he is also very observant and I bet he'll notice everything and describe everything for all of us members' greatest pleasure ! What do you say ? If this is legal, etc, I am ready to start !

The pictures are beautiful ! Thank you everybody. Does anybody share a few of my impressions ? I found that Albert had put on quite a bit of weight and that Ernst was a little redder than usual, heavier, and not quite so healthy looking. I love Caroline's hair and smile, but I got the impression that she had a fixed smile and fixed expression on her face and I really missed the earlier interactions she had with Ernst at gala balls, when, when they danced together, they seemed to be so in love and all alone in the world. In the pictures where she is talking to him across the table, there is no suggestion of any affection between them and most of the time they stand apart. Also, I don't understand why the dresscode has to be black for a gypsy theme. I would have thought it would have been very colorful, playful, imaginative,as some of the guests showed. I found the princessed, and the young set, playing it too safe for the theme. Ah, where is Elie saab when we need him ?The bracelets are awesome. I hesitate to say how I feel about Caroline and Charlotte's dresses because last year I started out not liking them and then they grew on me and I ended up liking them very much indeed. It seems that Charlotte's last year's white dress generated some imitations, say with Penelope Cruz at the Oscars. I like Charlotte's hair, .... when she can keep it tolerably in place, which is hard when you are dancing. But what a lovely smile ! And yes, I agree her brothers need to change their hairstyle !

Bob Sacamano said:
I'm not posting these photos in the Rose Ball thread, because they are all pics of Charlotte. Is there any problem with that, my dear Moderators? :flowers:
(Source: celebcity)

Pic-1 Pic-2 Pic-3 Pic-4 Pic-5 Pic-6 Pic-7 Pic-8 Pic-9 Pic-10 Pic-11 Pic-12 Pic-13 Pic-14 Pic-15 Pic-16 Pic-17 Pic-18 Pic-19 Pic-20 Pic-21 Pic-22 Pic-23 Pic-24 Pic-25 Pic-26 Pic-27 Pic-28

Thank very much Bob for posting this wonderful HR pictures:) :flowers: , Charlotte is beautiful!
and I finally could see Charlotte dress, It’s a pity that she had her stocking torn since the beginning of the Ball( pic-5) usually we bring an extra pair in the bag… but when she is dancing the stocking continue to be torn… I don’t understand the “gaffe” in this level of fashion people?:ohmy:
Anyway she looks more and more beautiful a dignified successor of P. Grace and P. Caroline:flowers:

i like all the youngsters there - charlotte with her friends cecille, eugenie, vanida, flor..i just kinda expected that felix would be there too...too bad, i hope that the rumours of them split up is not true...

i really like charlotte dress, and the fact that she dropped the red lipstick..she looked absolutely gorgeous!!!.. same goes to eugenie (never would i imagined i would be saying this ;) )

auroraDaniel said:
i hope that the rumours of them split up is not true...
)

I think they have splitted

auroraDaniel said:
i
i really like charlotte dress, and the fact that she dropped the red lipstick..she looked absolutely gorgeous!!!.. same goes to eugenie (never would i imagined i would be saying this ;) )

Both girls were absolutely gorgeous. I neverlike Eugenie, but this time she appeared full of class.

It's a pitty that we did not have pics of Tatiana's dress

flowerpower said:
It’s a pity that she had her stocking torn since the beginning of the Ball( pic-5) usually we bring an extra pair in the bag… but when she is dancing the stocking continue to be torn… I don’t understand the “gaffe” in this level of fashion people?:ohmy:
Anyway she looks more and more beautiful a dignified successor of P. Grace and P. Caroline:flowers:

You are really extremely observer, I did not noticed before.
It's true, I never had a second pair of stocks with me,...... but I rarely had this problem, and if I had it, nobody takes me on pic....... so, no catastrophy...
Anyway, she was stunning, the Casiraghi boys also.

Charlotte on the last Point de vue Cover,
source www.pointdevue.fr

http://i12.tinypic.com/2e4z3mf.jpg

TO THE MODERATORS : Sorry, I think I do something wrong, so I have all this mess.... Could I post only the picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for HQ Pics. Her dress and make-up are beautiful. She looks stunning!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom