Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't the Rose ball established by the late Princess Grace?

:previous:

The first Rose Ball was held in 1954 (prior to Princess Grace's time in Monaco), since 1964 the Rose Ball honours the Princess Grace Foundation.

Last edited:
:previous:

The first Rose Ball was held in 1954 (prior to Princess Grace's time in Monaco), since 1964 the Rose Ball honours the Princess Grace Foundation.

Thanks for the clarification I knew there was somehow an association with Princess Grace.

A nice gallery of previous Rose Balls.

https://www.tatler.com/gallery/a-visual-history-of-monacos-rose-ball

Interesting to see some of the famous names who have attended over the years( including British royalty). The introduction to the gallery makes the mistake of suggesting it was Princess Grace who founded the Ball in 1954, two years previous to her marrying Rainier! In fact if you look at other online references to the Ball there is a lot of ‘lazy journalism’ out there all making the same error - including Monaco tourism sites who really should have done their homework.
I’m now interested to to do a bit of research into the origins of the Ball.

:previous: Hurray! I have so much missed seeing the beautiful and glamorous Princely Family of Monaco out in force.

Happy that it will continue with a different date ;)

:previous: Hurray! I have so much missed seeing the beautiful and glamorous Princely Family of Monaco out in force.

Happy that it will continue with a different date ;)

Something to look forward to this summer :previous:

Rose Ball 2022

The Rose Ball takes place this evening, July 8.

Princess Caroline and Christian Louboutin as this year's artistic director have chosen this year's theme "Les Années 20, le retour" (The 20s, the return):

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** dailymail article ** parismatch gallery **

** pp gallery: Bal de la Rose 2022 : La princesse Caroline de Monaco rayonne entourée d'Albert et son clan.. **

** pp gallery: Charlotte Casiraghi au bras de Dimitri Rassam : couple chic et complice au Bal de la Rose à Monaco **

Last edited:
Nice to see the Rose Ball back and for once I actually recognize some of the guests,spotted Dame Shirley Bassey,Janet Jackson and Fanny Ardant!

I was really looking forward to seeing Princess Charlene. Shame she didn't attend.
Everyone looks great. My favorite was definitely Princess Alexandra!

She looks absolutely beautiful - never better - belle of the ball.

Speculative posts have been removed according to the TRF rules.

And where is Princess Stephanie, her children and their partners?

Charlene used to atten this event and Caroline the Red Cross ball too but then they stopped. I don't know if the decision was made to allow each lady an event where the limelight was entirely on them alone.

In recent years, the Rose Ball has been attended by Caroline and her family . I can’t recall the last time Stephanie attended. I think it is unlikely Stephanie will attends the Red Cross Ball - perhaps depends if Charlene attends. Bizarrely due to COVID, the two balls are only a couple of weeks apart.

Last Week a surprise we had a Wedding on cover , but now again Monaco and after the UK Royals. Boring ...

Back
Top Bottom