Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This year, it is carnaval,
Caroline and Charlotte wear ugly clown dresses
Happily, Beatrice raises the level
This bal de la Rose become dull from year to year

As you said on another thread, Princess Caroline is not your cup of tea, and you move on without saying nothing.
Unfortunatly your comments are really bad and envious as well. Caroline looked faboulus in that dress she is wearing. It fits very well with the Rose Ball theme. Did you ever heard the Wiener Secession, Klimt, etc? As far as Charlotte is concerned, even without being Princess she looks every inches a Princess, the dress is simply amazing and is a Caroline's one (2000). I appreciated a lot Beatrice first public appearance after giving birth to little Stefano only 3 week ago. She knows very well what royal duty means.

As you said on another thread, Princess Caroline is not your cup of tea, and you move on without saying nothing.
Unfortunatly your comments are really bad and envious as well. Caroline looked faboulus in that dress she is wearing. It fits very well with the Rose Ball theme. Did you ever heard the Wiener Secession, Klimt, etc? As far as Charlotte is concerned, even without being Princess she looks every inches a Princess, the dress is simply amazing and is a Caroline's one (2000). I appreciated a lot Beatrice first public appearance after giving birth to little Stefano only 3 week ago. She knows very well what royal duty means.

I remembered the very same quote!

I can see why Caroline's dress wouldn't be to everyone's taste - personally, I love it - the history, the design, the fun and sheer OTTness of the whole thing. I can't see how Charlotte's very simple dress can be described as a clown's.

Oh well, each to their own.

100% in agreement. The Wiener Secession is so much nicer as theme than An Evening In Cuba or something.

Yes, it was fabulous and I loved the fashion. I didn't have a particular problem with the Cuban theme last year, I just didn't get a Cuban vibe from either the decor or the clothes. I think the Viennese Secession lent itself better to this kind of themed event. I did like last year because Caroline had her whole family around her.

There were a lot of negative comments about Pr Carolines dress - but I have to say, I like it. It is a dress with a twinkle and a smile- and really a nod to the Viennese style of Klimt. (Being Austrian, I was growing up with the famous pictures....). AND - given her age - I thought she looked fantastic! Well done !:flowers:

Why is the Daily Mail asking where Charlene is? Millions on people around the world would have seen her on TV last night so it shouldn't have been THAT difficult for them to have found out her whereabouts, jeez!

Why is the Daily Mail asking where Charlene is? Millions on people around the world would have seen her on TV last night so it shouldn't have been THAT difficult for them to have found out her whereabouts, jeez!

Because it's the Daily Mail. Why bother checking facts when you can just try and stir up non-existent problems?

King Karl just copied a model of the talentful Emilie Flöge.
Badly worn by Princess Caroline who shoud have a hardo of that time.
I just appreciate little Stephano's Mother to be there in a such a lovely way

I believe Beatrice was the best dressed by far!
I liked Charlotte's appearance, but it was not a 'wow'. I loved her hairstyle though, it is sth i haven't seen in her before!
I was not crazy about Caroline, but she always wears such alternative dresses, and they suit her. I would not wear it, but she does not seem odd in it.

I believe Beatrice was the best dressed by far!
I liked Charlotte's appearance, but it was not a 'wow'. I loved her hairstyle though, it is sth i haven't seen in her before!
I was not crazy about Caroline, but she always wears such alternative dresses, and they suit her. I would not wear it, but she does not seem odd in it.

Totally agree, second year in a row Bestrice took the prize :flowers:

Last year her fantastic red gown IMO was the only one that matched the vibrant Cuban theme. Though the decor wasn't great fir the their either.

Yes, Countessmeout, Beatrice knows how do dress and she can hardly go wrong with that :flowers:

Yes it's different, this event tends to be rather theatrical & and over the years Caroline has certainly worn some interesting gowns
I am ok with different, theatrical and interesting. Hideous is a whole other realm.

This year, it is carnaval,
Caroline and Charlotte wear ugly clown dresses
Happily, Beatrice raises the level
This bal de la Rose become dull from year to year
Beatrice is wearing earrings from Buccelatti.She looks fabulous .
Caro and Charlotte look like a cyclone hit them

Noda, I hope that we cannot be a fan of Caroline here , and yes, Caroline is not my cup of tea
She is often élegant but this year, her dress was ugly and I am not the only person to say it.
Beatrice was the only who raised the level of this event which is loosing all her glamour with this Karl Lagerfeld .

Noda, I hope that we cannot be a fan of Caroline here , and yes, Caroline is not my cup of tea
She is often élegant but this year, her dress was ugly and I am not the only person to say it.
Beatrice was the only who raised the level of this event which is loosing all her glamour with this Karl Lagerfeld .

As usual this is your opinion! It's not mine. Many people appreciated a lot Caroline's dress. I agree that it is not the one for all taste. As for Charlotte, she wears one of the beautiful Mom's dress. I love it.
As far as BEATRICE is concerned, I don't like very much the dress, apart from the earring, but I appreciated a lot her pubblic appearance after giving birth only 3 weeks ago. I know you understand what I mean.

Last edited:
Beatrice Casiraghi attended because she knew she will always be the best.

Noda, I believe, commented because you claimed that you pass on making comments on Caroline because she isn't your cup of tea - and yet, you make plenty of comments about her. It's really obvious she's not your cup of tea. Which is fine ... but could you extend the same courtesy to those of us who might say something you don't like about Charlène?

Beatrice Casiraghi attended because she knew she will always be the best.

And you know this how? What a bizarre comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
She will never miss an Event where She is the best as ever , no critics , great to come at the Casiraghi /Rose Ball 3 weeks after the birth of Stefano.
No Andrea, Tatiana and Alexandra ?

She will never miss an Event where She is the best as ever , no critics , great to come at the Casiraghi /Rose Ball 3 weeks after the birth of Stefano.
No Andrea, Tatiana and Alexandra ?

OK.

No, it was a shame they weren't there. It was nice to see Alexandra last year - she seems to be growing up into a nice young lady.

Princess Caroline is the epitome of class and elegance even when she wears a bad outfit.

She could wear a burlap sack and I would still say so...she is in a league of her own and past the time when she has anything to prove, imo.

She can rest on her laurels now.;)

Beatrice at three weeks post partum was simply stunning, and for the first time in ages I love Charlotte's Rose Ball look!:whistling:

Noda, I believe, commented because you claimed that you pass on making comments on Caroline because she isn't your cup of tea - and yet, you make plenty of comments about her. It's really obvious she's not your cup of tea. Which is fine ... but could you extend the same courtesy to those of us who might say something you don't like about Charlène?

Florestane you got my point!

Princess Caroline is the epitome of class and elegance even when she wears a bad outfit.

She could wear a burlap sack and I would still say so...she is in a league of her own and past the time when she has anything to prove, imo.

She can rest on her laurels now.;)

Beatrice at three weeks post partum was simply stunning, and for the first time in ages I love Charlotte's Rose Ball look!:whistling:

Yes you are right. Caroline is full of class, elegance and she is always chic.

Beatrice and Pierre are so glamorous, elegant and so much inside the Princely Family, that I personally believe they are part of a plan to represent Monaco till Prince Jacques will become Sovereign Prince. The age difference between Prince Albert and Prince Jacques is huge (57) and wishing Albert an happy and long life, a plan B is needed. Pierre and Beatrice are part of this Plan B.

This is my personal opinion, and again I wish an happy,healthy and long life to Prince Albert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you are right. Caroline is full of class, elegance and she is always chic.

Beatrice and Pierre are so glamorous, elegant and so much inside the Princely Family, that I personally believe they are part of a plan to represent Monaco till Prince Jacques will become Sovereign Prince. The age difference between Prince Albert and Prince Jacques is huge (57) and wishing Albert an happy and long life, a plan B is needed. Pierre and Beatrice are part of this Plan B.

This is my personal opinion, and again I wish an happy,healthy and long life to Prince Albert.

Pierre is six spots after Jacques (including the children). Caroline would be first to step in, but if she has passed already, Andrea would be the next. Certainly Pierre & Beatrice could help, but officially, he is not Plan B, no matter how glamorous they are.

and I have to agree with some that Caroline's dress was awful. I don't care what the inspiration was, I cannot stand it. Caroline was certainly beautiful, and the dress doesn't diminish that, but the dress was awful.

Beatrice was lovely and for once, I didn't mind what Charlotte wore.

noda, such an interesting thought, something i honestly would have never even considered before in regards to Prince Albert as far as Plan B.

That said, imho Plan B is now. Seriously, though not officially, *to me* Pierre & Beatrice are the unofficial heirs until Prince Jacques comes of age. Pierre & Beatrice have IT ~ youth, beauty, magical aura, fairytale story, disney prince & princess. What they bring to the Principality is something that cannot be bought or engineered nor manufactured. What a gift and a joy to watch over the coming decades. :coach:

Back
Top Bottom