The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1161  
Old 03-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Thecia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere, Spain
Posts: 503
Haha, I didn't even notice that agogo. I guess I shouldn't be surprised - last year she used a motorcycle helmet. Caroline seems to have this way of just making everything tie into the theme without it being obvious. I've no idea how she does it but she does. I'm slowly warming towards her dress as well. The more I see of it, the more I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #1162  
Old 03-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arizona, United States
Posts: 1,238
The best during this year ball: inviting Lalla Joumana. I don't know this royal , but it is so great to see some royal at the ball. I don't recall any royal people at Rose Ball.
Awesome to see all Casiraghi siblings. Tatiana and Andrea seem almost attached recently. I mean they are together everywhere, maybe wedding soon?
Charlotte looked wonderful, dress nice.I saw this dress on some fashion model, and Charlotte looks much better in it But the best dressed was Beatrice. Everything she was wearing was perfect: dress, shoes, her hairdo. BTW, did she make her hair dark? Melanie disappointed me this year. She usually dress nicely, but this time her black dress does not flatter her and her hair seemed a mess.
Caroline looked lovely, her dress was matching the occasion, the same her colorful jewelery. I like her short hair. On the other hand she could be more regal. She looked really nice, but I know she could do better.
I was really hoping that Albert will not bring Charlene this year. It was always against protocol to bring the woman who is not even a fiance to official occasion. But this time, when they invited Moroccan royal, it is even worse.
Charlene dress was overall was nice, the same her jewelery. But it was not dress for her, she lacks feminine body, so she looked bad in it. The dress was too revealing. Summing up, Charlene did not look good, and the dress was wearing her.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

https://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #1163  
Old 03-28-2010, 06:00 AM
greenways's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 270
The ladies look stunning don't they?! They have all gone for something a little different this year, it seems. LOVE Charlotte's outfit, she has matured in the face and looks stunning!
Reply With Quote
  #1164  
Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 AM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 2,343
I really like Tatiana's look.
Caroline looks radiant.
Charlotte looks great in the light colors, but I don't like her hair.
Reply With Quote
  #1165  
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 AM
moby's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,226
I love Charlotte's look, understated glam through and through.

Andrea's looking good, love that his tux fits him well, which isn't often. Anyone solved the mystery of his shoes? Doesnt he wear those everytime he attends the ball?
Reply With Quote
  #1166  
Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 AM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 2,343
The Hola article on the ball: Carolina y Alberto de Mónaco presiden un Baile de la Rosa con marcado sabor marroquÃ*
Reply With Quote
  #1167  
Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Florencia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *, Argentina
Posts: 567
More pics of Pure People.com:
Albert de Monaco et sa rayonnante Charlene, la princesse Caroline et ses enfants ont donné un très chic bal marocain !
Reply With Quote
  #1168  
Old 03-28-2010, 11:32 AM
DuedePhiladelphia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
The best during this year ball: inviting Lalla Joumana. I don't know this royal , but it is so great to see some royal at the ball. I don't recall any royal people at Rose Ball.
Awesome to see all Casiraghi siblings. Tatiana and Andrea seem almost attached recently. I mean they are together everywhere, maybe wedding soon?
Charlotte looked wonderful, dress nice.I saw this dress on some fashion model, and Charlotte looks much better in it But the best dressed was Beatrice. Everything she was wearing was perfect: dress, shoes, her hairdo. BTW, did she make her hair dark? Melanie disappointed me this year. She usually dress nicely, but this time her black dress does not flatter her and her hair seemed a mess.
Caroline looked lovely, her dress was matching the occasion, the same her colorful jewelery. I like her short hair. On the other hand she could be more regal. She looked really nice, but I know she could do better.
I was really hoping that Albert will not bring Charlene this year. It was always against protocol to bring the woman who is not even a fiance to official occasion. But this time, when they invited Moroccan royal, it is even worse.
Charlene dress was overall was nice, the same her jewelery. But it was not dress for her, she lacks feminine body, so she looked bad in it. The dress was too revealing. Summing up, Charlene did not look good, and the dress was wearing her.
Beatrice was dead on perfect!!!!! she was the " belle"
Caroline looked very nice
Charolette to me the dress didnt suit her- a nice dresss over all
Charlene dress very sexy too sexy if you are escorting a head of state to a official function especially when there was visiting royalty. In my opionion she was trying too hard... An escort to a reigning prince should be demure especially if u are a princess consort applicant. Why do Charlene walk in with the prince and his heir????????
Melanie need some fashion help

The Morrocan princess probably didnt see so much skin in her entire life I loved her gown as well
Reply With Quote
  #1169  
Old 03-28-2010, 11:56 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SW FL, United States
Posts: 2,322
I liked Charlene's look the best. Charlotte's dress while unflattering would have looked much better had the straps been made from the same fabric or a different color they aren't working together. The same applies for Caroline's dress, while I like the style the color of the straps distracts from the over all look.
Reply With Quote
  #1170  
Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,676
Charlene, Charlotte, Tatiana, they all looked more self confident this year.
Beatrice's dress must have been purchased in Morocco, since her maternal grand mother countess Marta Marzotto spends a great part of the year in Marrakesh, where she owns a palace. However it looks great on her.
I do not like Caroline's dress instead: it makes her look old.
I didn't expect to see Simona Ventura at the ball. Perhaps after getting Ivana Trump to go to the "island" (sort of a "Survivor" with celebrities), she will manage to get Charlene over there too...
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #1171  
Old 03-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 9,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
The best during this year ball: inviting Lalla Joumana. I don't know this royal , but it is so great to see some royal at the ball. I don't recall any royal people at Rose Ball.
Lalla Joumala is the king Mohammed VI cousin she is Morocco Ambassador to UK since last year.
it was nice to see royals from Morocco attending hope everyone enjoyed the evenning there.
Reply With Quote
  #1172  
Old 03-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Honfleur, France
Posts: 330
I like all the gowns, but in my opinion, the best lady at this ball is Beatrice Borromeo. She looks really gorgeous and her dress is stunning and very apropiate to the Morocco subject !!
Reply With Quote
  #1173  
Old 03-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arizona, United States
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
Beatrice was dead on perfect!!!!! she was the " belle"
Caroline looked very nice
Charolette to me the dress didnt suit her- a nice dresss over all
Charlene dress very sexy too sexy if you are escorting a head of state to a official function especially when there was visiting royalty. In my opionion she was trying too hard... An escort to a reigning prince should be demure especially if u are a princess consort applicant. Why do Charlene walk in with the prince and his heir????????
Melanie need some fashion help


The Morrocan princess probably didnt see so much skin in her entire life I loved her gown as well
This is what I meant about Charlene's dress, way too sexy. It is not a dress one wears at so official ball. She should know this already. But what is the worst, she was here. She has no official status, so she even should not be at the ball.
BTW, Charlene make up was very bad, it looked so artificial. Her hair was bad too, it looked greasy.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

https://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #1174  
Old 03-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
-Caroline is wonderful: incredibly nice and colourful happy dress, well chosen earings, make upo, hair do!. Love her.

-Beatrice is absolute perfection. You need a body like hers to pull of such a dress and she is absolutely amazing. And she is so pretty and elegant. Stunning.

-Charlotte is blah. It's not an ugly dress, just the same boring baggy Chanel dress we've seen on her like a zillion times. She doesn't seem to be able to find a middle ground between sexy and boring/prudish. Learn something from Beatrice, girl! Yo can be elegant withouth needing to hide inside a white/cream or black Chanel baggy thing.

-Tatiana is the same as always. Looks as if she's wearing something she found in the flea market. It's too obvious and boring.

-Charlene looks vulgar, imo. Like a second rate hollywood starlette with very tacky taste.

And the BIG question:
why does it look as if Charlene and Charlotte had gone shopping together and got hold of the same piece of fabric and had both their dresses made out of it?
Reply With Quote
  #1175  
Old 03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
rarotonga's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 251
Beatrice had the right look for the event. So did Caroline. I love the earrings and the glowing smile.

The Casiraghi boy handsome. I'm glad Andrea finally chopped off that long stringy hair he was wearing for a while. It also looks like he put on some weight, which is good. He no longer looks emaciated.

Charlotte: beautiful face as always but I'm not sure about the dress.

Charlene: she looked good but the "look' is what I typically see on Nancy O'Dell of Access Hollywood. She hasn't nailed that refined, elegant look just yet. BTW, if you look down on page 3 towards the bottom, Charlene has this big smile. Is it just me or does it look like she had her pearly whites rebonded?
Reply With Quote
  #1176  
Old 03-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: la coruña, Spain
Posts: 87
My opinion about the 2010 outfits : Beatrice has chosen a really appropriate gown for the event . The ethnic pattern is a wise move for a ball inspired in Morocco.

I don´t like Charlotte´s dress but her shoes are "spectacular".

Charlene : Correct , the dress is nice but ...one can see her effort to "seem elegant" and that is not enough if you want to succeed such an icon as Princess Grace of Monaco.

Caroline : Correct ,too many colours imho. And I´m afraid I see sadness in her eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #1177  
Old 03-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga View Post
Beatrice had the right look for the event. So did Caroline. I love the earrings and the glowing smile.

The Casiraghi boy handsome. I'm glad Andrea finally chopped off that long stringy hair he was wearing for a while. It also looks like he put on some weight, which is good. He no longer looks emaciated.

Charlotte: beautiful face as always but I'm not sure about the dress.

Charlene: she looked good but the "look' is what I typically see on Nancy O'Dell of Access Hollywood. She hasn't nailed that refined, elegant look just yet. BTW, if you look down on page 3 towards the bottom, Charlene has this big smile. Is it just me or does it look like she had her pearly whites rebonded?
She has def. had work done on her teeth. They are much bigger, straighter and whiter. If you look back at the Red Cross Ball pics from last August, you can see the "new" teeth there as well. I had made a comment about her new teeth in August, but for some reason my post was deleted!!
Reply With Quote
  #1178  
Old 03-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: not far from Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 649
I love, love, love all these photos
Reply With Quote
  #1179  
Old 03-28-2010, 04:41 PM
agogo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: côte d'océan Pacifique, United States
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoo View Post
She has def. had work done on her teeth. They are much bigger, straighter and whiter. If you look back at the Red Cross Ball pics from last August, you can see the "new" teeth there as well. I had made a comment about he new teeth in August, but for some reason my post was deleted!!
Both Princess Caroline and Charlene Wittstock looked happy, at ease and "revitalized, refreshed." I also noticed that Charlene's smile looked different. Princess Caroline's appearance included a sleeker smoother neck and jawline. She looked radiant!
Reply With Quote
  #1180  
Old 03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: new york, United States
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixilated View Post
OH
MY
GOD

Charlotte has finally done it! she really IS a princess, she looks soo beautiful and elegant (except the dress is a bit big)
but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! you see,she DOES have Grace's genes!
yes i agree i envy Charlotte she took her grandmother look , beautiful to the fullest when i saw the photo all i can say is i want the dress,the look everything she definitely make grace proud any way Charlene dress is o.k but i was expect wow from her all i got is o.k but she can do better or take styles tips from someone like my favorite princess Mary she could start dress up more elegantly like her since both are in their 30s why not. any way Caroline is beautiful and seems to be aging graceful i am so proud of her. it look like a great show and everyone look happy that is all that count.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ball, charlene wittstock, charlotte casiraghi, pierre casiraghi, prince albert ii, princess caroline, princess charlene


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021, 2022 tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 1615 07-20-2022 09:36 AM
A Retrospective: Rose Ball - Monaco tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 176 07-29-2015 04:38 PM
A Retrospective: Red Cross Ball - Monaco Lyonnaise Princely Family of Monaco 207 06-09-2006 03:48 PM
Online Monaco Party Thread to celebrate the 2006 Rose Ball teense Princely Family of Monaco 62 03-26-2006 05:50 PM




Popular Tags
abdullah ii africa albert prince consort all tags arcadie arcadie claret austria british british royal family caribbean caroline charles iii claret current events danish royal family death denmark duarte pio edward vii emperor naruhito empress masako espana garsenda genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed harry history identifying india introduction king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten monaco monarchy mountbatten need help official visit order of precedence portugal prince albert monaco prince christian princess of orange queen queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth queen ena of spain queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria republics restoration royal initials silk spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit tiaras visit william wine glass woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises