The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 03-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Gentry

Thumbs down

Sorry , Sg1fan , but I don´t agree with you at all . The Royal family play a part , but this doesn´t mean to be badly dressed , and Charlene doesn´t have glamour at all .
Old 03-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems that Charlene Wittstock thought it was a costume ball after all and chose to go as Birgitte Nielsen.
Caroline apparently thought nothing and accordingly chose the dullest mumsy outfit I've ever seen her in.
And Albert's pants are too long.
No elegance and no atmosphere in the pics.
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
But the theme is rock and roll, not punk. She looks awful. From toes to head.
I don't know about her looking awful from head to toe. The theme seems to be 80s rock, so she actually did well in choosing the correct silhouette for her dress. She's tall and broad shoulders like the supermodels of that era, so showing off what she naturally has is keeping up with that theme (if that was what she was going for).
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Glamor is but an opinion and I think Charlene is trying, hard. Why so much more critical of Charlene than say Caroline (who in closeup has hair that is just as "messy").

I agree her hair is lacking but to say she is without glamor at all...that seems unfair.

I also don't see how it is possible to judge their chemistry based on their coming into an event. Do we expect open PDAs from them while they are being photographed?

I'm not a fan of Charlene, at all. However, I think there is a lot of unfairness in how she is presented or resented in the forums simply because of her status or lack thereof.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
I don't know about her looking awful from head to toe. The theme seems to be 80s rock, so she actually did well in choosing the correct silhouette for her dress. She's tall and broad shoulders like the supermodels of that era, so showing off what she naturally has is keeping up with that theme (if that was what she was going for).
The theme is Rock N Roll from the 50s till today, they're focusing more on the 50s though.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't help but wonder if Karl Lagerfeld is the one responsible for this outbreak of black & white in recent years.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Nobility

Black isn't that "rock n roll" ! I wish Caroline would've dug up a red Valentino and spiked her hair...I've never seen a pic of Charlene before, she really reminds of Ingrid! the coolest person I've ever met..http://www.thejrnl.com/blog/uploaded...117-758112.jpg

viva l'amour!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Please note: The forums are a place of freedom of expression,
but offending comments are not acceptable and will be deleted.
Please try to put it politely, criticism can be expressed without
hard words as well.

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator
Old 03-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg1fan View Post
Glamor is but an opinion and I think Charlene is trying, hard. Why so much more critical of Charlene than say Caroline (who in closeup has hair that is just as "messy").

I agree her hair is lacking but to say she is without glamor at all...that seems unfair.

I also don't see how it is possible to judge their chemistry based on their coming into an event. Do we expect open PDAs from them while they are being photographed?

I'm not a fan of Charlene, at all. However, I think there is a lot of unfairness in how she is presented or resented in the forums simply because of her status or lack thereof.
I agree. If anything, I applaud her presence and the fact that she keeps things interesting. She will be more crucified I think if she ended up wearing her hair a la Princess Grace or trying to dress like Grace. So why not inject something unique and press worthy?

I am also kind of alarmed with Caroline's face. There is something off ... I don't know if it's her hair pulled like that or her make-up being too pale, but it is not a refreshed face.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I can't help but wonder if Karl Lagerfeld is the one responsible for this outbreak of black & white in recent years.
That would be very possible since he dresses both Caroline and Charlotte. I'm curious to know if anyone recognizes any of the dresses from his collection? I'm even more suspicious of the glove since that's one of his "signature" looks.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Nobility

^ Caroline's dress is Chanel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
The theme is Rock N Roll from the 50s till today, they're focusing more on the 50s though.
But if it's also 'til today, then Charlene is okay with what she has chosen. Even Caroline's blazer is more 80s than 50s.

The peacock detail is still terrible, though.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

Monaco Rose Ball 28 March « Myroyal’s Blog
Old 03-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Nobility

I really like Charlene's barely there look. She looks fresh-faced and natural.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post
I am also kind of alarmed with Caroline's face. There is something off ... I don't know if it's her hair pulled like that or her make-up being too pale, but it is not a refreshed face.
We shouldn't forget that Ernst is still in hospital. Caroline could have chosen not to attend. She put her professional duties first.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Courtier

I like Princess Caroline and Charlene's dresses. Charlene's dress is more sexier than Caroline's. But I don't like their hairdos at all and I also don't like Caroline's purse. It looks tacky, not pretty at all. I am sad that Princess Stephanie did not attened tonight.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Too bad Princess Stephanie didn't attend the Ball, she would have enjoyed this theme so much. The motorcycles of the Harley Davidson Club in Monaco were parked outside the Sporting. If she would have attended I'm pretty sure she would have worn her leather jacket over the dress.

I think they're all focusing on the Rebel side of Rock
Old 03-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Nobility

As usual,I am disappointed with Charlotte's boring black dress.She doesn't have to dress like a 40 year old! Take a chance,have some fun in Balmain,Charlotte!
Natasha Poly Pictures - Paris Fashion Week - Balmain Spring/Summer 2009 Fashion Show - Zimbio
that color would look so glorious on her!
I'm not a fan of Eugenie either...I think too many Givenchy shoes and such have gone to her head...

viva l'amour!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Nobility

^ Oooh, I like that Balmain. It does look like it's right up Charlotte's alley.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

I don't understand Charlene. The dress isn't suitable for the type of her figures, make-up makes her old and tired Terrible
I love rock-n-roll style but her choice are terrible as for me
Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
^ Oooh, I like that Balmain. It does look like it's right up Charlotte's alley.
Finally, another person who agrees that the dress is MATRONLY!

viva l'amour!

Tags
ball, charlene wittstock, charlotte casiraghi, pierre casiraghi, prince albert ii, princess caroline, princess charlene