Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're right, Iceflower. It's far too easy to think one can read "body language".

Albert is a middle-aged gentleman who will "shepherd" his lady (or ladies) into a crowded room. It's a habit, and not such a bad one!

As an ardent feminist I have always tried to open doors for men of any age, e.g. when they were carrying things etc.
They almost always resisted my gesture, but I still keep doing it - to very little avail :))

Rose Ball - March 19th, 2011

This is the thread dedicated to the Rose Ball 2011.
It will take place on Saturday, 19th March 2011 at 8pm at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club.

Take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the Rose Ball
in 2010, 2009, 2008, or at the special thread A Retrospective: Rose Ball - Monaco

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

* *​

The theme of this year's Rose Ball has been released, it's the "Bal de la Rose Mo-naco-Town"!

Mo-naco-Town as to the Motown record label founded in Detroit. The evening is dedicated to
the years 1960-1970, the time of the soul music in the USA and the decoration will include
the scenery of Detroit, abandoned factories, broken windows, walls of brick and metal, all in
black and white. Glamorous table decorations are planned in contrast to that.

source: podcastjournal.net

Due to the death of Princess Antoinette last night, Prince Albert, Princess Caroline
and Charlene Wittstock have cancelled their attendance at the Rose Ball 2011.
Instead Princess Caroline's children will represent the family at this year's ball.

Due to the death of Princess Antoinette last night, Prince Albert, Princess Caroline
and Charlene Wittstock have cancelled their attendance at the Rose Ball 2011.
Instead Princess Caroline's children will represent the family at this year's ball.

What a thoghtful gesture ( altough i thought the Ball would be canceld or postponed... )! Like i've always believed, the Casiraghi siblings, would one day be called to fulfill their duties towards the Principality. Sadly, the day has come. I hope they'll perform their task with dignity and grandeur. :rose:

Sadly, it's always more exciting & glamorous when the Casiraghis are in attendance. And it would cost too much to cancel the day before or the day of.

It's not fair to the attendees to cancel within a day or 2 of the event. People have paid alot of money and flown in from all over the world to attend the Rose Ball. They made an excellent compromise. PA and PC not going and probably the DeMasseys and the Casiraghis taking over. They're old enough to handle it now.

^I agree. But i don't know if the De Massys will go. I'm having my doubts with them. But we shall see.
Even thought they are old enough to handle this, it will be something very important for them. Mama won't be there, neither uncle Al. I think this is like a test of fire (?) for them. But i'm sure they will do it ok.

The de Massy's are Antoinette's offspring and she 's only Albert's and Caroline's aunt.
I would be surprised it the de Massy family would be there. My guess it will just be the Casiraghi's

Iceflowers post said that it would be Princess Caroline's children who would be present at the ball this year. To see the De Massy's would be 'weird' for want of a better word.

I meant the DeMassey's will not be there. It's their mother and grandmother.

Charlotte looks so confident with her self. She reminds me of someone I just can't think who.

They all look gorgeous, elegant and subdued...just as they should.

Caroline's children are a true credit to their mother, and to the Principality.

A really difficult evening, but Princess Antoinette has loved the ball as well,
we've seen her attending up until old age, so I feel it's good the way it's
been handled..

Pics without watermarks can be found here: gettyimages/daylife pics

A really difficult evening, but Princess Antoinette has loved the ball as well,
we've seen her attending up until old age, so I feel it's good the way it's
been handled..

Pics without watermarks can be found here: gettyimages/daylife pics

I think Antoinette who lived such an amazing full life and loved that ball, would have been happy to see her great nephews and niece attend the ball. She lived life to its fullest, and I'm sure she'd want those she left behind to do so as well.

It has been said the best way to honor those who have passed, is to live your life, just to keep them within your heart.

:flowers:Happy to see Tatiana there, she looks lovely...I wonder if Pierre's Beatrice was present?

She is always so stunning at formal events.

I wonder if tomorrow we can hear Andrea's speech. He looks so digne, "full of honor". His family can be proud of him even though he won't succeed his uncle.

It should have been cancelled. People in Monaco are mourning and have a funeral next week. Show mustn´t always go on.

Andrea would be an excellent monarch, i'm sure.
I also hope we can hear his speech.

The Casiraghi's look great considering what just went on. Charlotte looks good, in what I'm sure was a very lat minute dress change, she seems to be wearing beautiful jewels of her moms collection any info on them?

Please forgive my ignorance. P. Antoinette was Prince Ranier's sister? Pierre is the one with the short hair correct and Beatrice is his girlfriend? What does Beatrice do, she looks like a ballerina.

Back
Top Bottom