Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glistening Seas

:ohmy: o-h-h-h i read Caroline's dress was a Lagerfeld then someone said it was a Chanel--well whatever case, it was magnificent the pearl rings were gorgeous i heard they're going to be "in" this spring. Well, Ernest and PA looked "handsome" as always i'm still trying to decide if i like the darker suit better than the white jacket but i think the darker one is the nicest it simply l-o-o-ks "elegante and sexiest on PA". i would like to hear the reviews on how it went however, did anyone get pics on the decorations and tables too i'm sure everyone wouldn't want to miss out on all the gorgeous colours or the atmosphere. from what i could tell the constuming was exquisite. the colours made the place seem "alive and vibrante" and fun too:ROFLMAO: that dance our "Princely Albie" was doing didn't look like the "chicken" dance the chicken dance from the 50's-70's was different w-a-s-n't it :lol: well, PA moves are always ultra okay. s-o-o- can anybody get pics on their jewlery is that a jewelry piece on Caroline's dress or is that part of the dress. awesome.

Last edited:
Family Affair - Rose Ball 2007

The "Bal de la Rose", throughout the years, has been a family affair. We have seen so many changes in this family that I always wonder what will happen next. This event represents so much to the Principality because of what the Princess Grace Foundation does to help others. Every year, we see different scenes from this dance which speak louder than words. Many people have come and gone from this family. So many changes have taken place. So much tragedy. But, one fact remains, is that the pillar of this family without a doubt is HRH Princess Caroline. She is what is keeping this family and the Principality of Monaco together. Without Princess Caroline, the Principality as we know it, would fall apart. With all the bad choices Prince Albert has done, proof of it is him there all alone, Princess Stephanie, absent, Princess Caroline and her family have stepped up to maintain a united front to keep the image of the Principality alive and respected. This woman has taken full responsibility for her family's actions and has demonstrated that her duty to her country, her family and humanity is of utmost importance to her. My admiration and respect for her never ceases. She is determined to carry on with her position as Princess with dignity and integrity no matter what happens around her. Last night she looked beautiful and radiant, happy to share this event with her family. She will be a tough act to follow and Prince Albert better choose wisely.

Thank you very much for the pics tbhrc:) You always do a great job with finding them.
Caroline looked absolutely stunning and happy:) Love the pictures of her end Ernst dancing.

miraglia1983 said:
The "Bal de la Rose", throughout the years, has been a family affair. We have seen so many changes in this family that I always wonder what will happen next. This event represents so much to the Principality because of what the Princess Grace Foundation does to help others. Every year, we see different scenes from this dance which speak louder than words. Many people have come and gone from this family. So many changes have taken place. So much tragedy. But, one fact remains, is that the pillar of this family without a doubt is HRH Princess Caroline. She is what is keeping this family and the Principality of Monaco together. Without Princess Caroline, the Principality as we know it, would fall apart. With all the bad choices Prince Albert has done, proof of it is him there all alone, Princess Stephanie, absent, Princess Caroline and her family have stepped up to maintain a united front to keep the image of the Principality alive and respected. This woman has taken full responsibility for her family's actions and has demonstrated that her duty to her country, her family and humanity is of utmost importance to her. My admiration and respect for her never ceases. She is determined to carry on with her position as Princess with dignity and integrity no matter what happens around her. Last night she looked beautiful and radiant, happy to share this event with her family. She will be a tough act to follow and Prince Albert better choose wisely.

I agree. Caroline is doing a hell of a job as the first lady of Monaco and has been doing it since she was young. I think it's very unfair for Albert to not do his share in choosing a suitable wife who can share the responsibility. Because he is a man he can be the sovreign but Caroline can be the glue holding it all together. How fair! :rolleyes:

I wonder if Stephanie is more involved in the planning of the Red Cross Ball? That is one she seems to come to more regularly.

Glistening Seas said:
:ohmy: o-h-h-h i read Caroline's dress was a Lagerfeld then someone said it was a Chanel--

it was chanel for sure you can see it on CHANEL

cath85 said:
it was chanel for sure you can see it on CHANEL

Chanel and Lagerfeld is the same, he is currently the chief executive of design at the House of Chanel.;)

yes but he has a line of his own too, so Lagerfeld and Chanel is not necessarily the same ;)

here that girl (I don't know her name) is wearing the necklace Charlotte wore at the Nijinski awards

Last edited by a moderator:
cath85 said:
yes but he has a line of his own too, so Lagerfeld and Chanel is not necessarily the same ;)
Well that's new to me, thanks for the info....:)

Glistening Seas

:) well, miriagli (sorry if spelled wrong) while i will agree with you Caroline is without a doubt a someone is always thought of when one thinks of Monaco, i think it needs to be said that i am sure we all here without a doubt consider PA and stephanie and complete and viable part of the Monaco picture one of whom would be "totally" incomplete without the others. i think each one and even more so in these transitional times has brought a unique sparkle to Monaco of whom that will forever never change. imho :lucky: furthermore, from what i have read the fact PA goes to the bal de rose alone doesn't detract from the situation at all simply because from what i have read just because he takes someone to the ball or doesn't--doesn't mean anything as long as he is having a good time imho, besides he's a great dancer isn't he, so party hearty :flowers: :ROFLMAO: :bounce: :angel:

BurberryBrit said:
I agree. Caroline is doing a hell of a job as the first lady of Monaco and has been doing it since she was young. I think it's very unfair for Albert to not do his share in choosing a suitable wife who can share the responsibility. Because he is a man he can be the sovreign but Caroline can be the glue holding it all together. How fair! :rolleyes:

I wonder if Stephanie is more involved in the planning of the Red Cross Ball? That is one she seems to come to more regularly.

I think it's just a matter of dividing the responsibilities. Stephanie is a natural to do the circus which is very close in time(Jan) to the Ball. The ball is obviously more up Caroline's alley. I think they looked at who was good at what and as they say divide and conquer. I would rather have Albert stay single than to marry the wrong women. So far no women truly seems interested in Albert the person just in the "tiara". Sad really. JMO

I think that both Caroline and Stephanie have been doing a great job during these 2 years after Prince Rainier's death, in fact I remember that shortly after their father died, it was said that both sisters will be having divided responsabilities, one in charge of cultural and social events, while the other one would be in charge of humanitarian affairs. I really like the fact that they're getting their children involved in the events they're in charge like the Circus, the Balls, the Dance Forum etc because afterall they'll be in charge of those events in the future.

It was also great seeing Elizabeth Ann and Melanie at the Ball like always. Tatiana looked stunning in one of the dance pics posted.

I agree with someone who posted about Eugenie dress looking awesome but maybe not right for this ball, I guess it was more for the Red Cross Ball in August.

Is it me or does in some closeup pics of Caroline, it looks as she had red highlights in her hair. The top part of her dress looks like an additional necklace. She was wearing the same bracelet she wore for the Chanel Monte Carlo show in December, and her 70s/80s/90s traditional metallic ball purse.

Charlotte's dress reminded me of the dress Princess Grace wore in 1969's Rose Ball which was also beaded at the top. IMO I think Charlotte's hair looked great last night, she looked natural and youthful, much better than when she has her hair done by a hairdresser.

Great selection of pictures from everyone and nice article from Hola. Thanks for sharing.:flowers:

Rose Ball

miraglia1983 said:
Hello miraglia, brilliant post!
HRH Princess Caroline must be commended for her sustained efforts and intiatives to be a unifying and cohesive force in Monaco. This was amply demonstrated by the success of the Bal de la Rose last night.HRH's adherence to family values from personal experience were evidenced at The Bal de la Rose as the Grimaldis looked happy, healthy, and prosperous.HRH Princess Caroline was singular and outstanding with her presence there as matriarch. I have nothing but admiration for the Grimaldis as the dynastic brilliance finally shone through with the triumph of the Bal de la Rose 2007.OLE!

Last edited:
monaco70s said:
I second that! :) Even though Charlotte looked good and much better than last year, Eugenie Niarchos defintely was the best dressed of the young crowd at the Ball. Charlotte would have looked STUNNING in a dress like that!

We still have this year's Red Cross Ball :rolleyes:

No sign of Felix, only Cecile. Also it was great to see Juliette Maillot, and like last year Vania and Tina Fhor attended. No sign of Olympia either. I wish there were pictures of Tatiana too.

oh that's why eugenie's posted in her facebook that she's in monaco right now.

i_s_s_a said:
oh that's why eugenie's posted in her facebook that she's in monaco right now.

How can you see her complet profil?

BurberryBrit said:
I think it's very unfair for Albert to not do his share in choosing a suitable wife who can share the responsibility. Because he is a man he can be the sovreign but Caroline can be the glue holding it all together. How fair! :rolleyes:

He clearly has not met a woman whom he wants to marry, or one who wants to take him and the position on. I don't know if this can be called "unfair". Albert is the Prince of Monaco but why shouldn't his sisters have responsibilities within the principality and ones which support their brother as well?

Thanks for all the links and pics The whole Family looked amazing last night Charlotte from the looks of it had a great time dancing with pierre .

Avareenah said:
He clearly has not met a woman whom he wants to marry, or one who wants to take him and the position on. I don't know if this can be called "unfair". Albert is the Prince of Monaco but why shouldn't his sisters have responsibilities within the principality and ones which support their brother as well?

I'm sorry. I don't believe there wasn't one woman he couldn't see as his wife. I think he's indulgent. And slightly selfish. I know, he should be in love and happy and deserves to have that, BUT he was also born into a role that should/must be fulfilled with a legitimate heir.

Also, I never said Caroline and Stephanie shouldn't do their part. They are doing MORE than their fair share. Albert, however, has the biggest responsibility and you can't deny he hasn't fulfilled his duty.

RADKER18 said:
Thanks for all the links and pics The whole Family looked amazing last night Charlotte from the looks of it had a great time dancing with pierre .

They remind me of how Albert and Stephanie are with each other.

Perhaps Albert wouldn't have appeared so glum in the photos if Steph was there to give him a twirl!

BurberryBrit said:
I'm sorry. I don't believe there wasn't one woman he couldn't see as his wife. I think he's indulgent. And slightly selfish. I know, he should be in love and happy and deserves to have that, BUT he was also born into a role that should/must be fulfilled with a legitimate heir.

Also, I never said Caroline and Stephanie shouldn't do their part. They are doing MORE than their fair share. Albert, however, has the biggest responsibility and you can't deny he hasn't fulfilled his duty.

I'm sorry but I think he is really not willing to marry anyone. It is quite impossible to say that he arrived at his fifties, and he NEVER found a woman suitable. And he is not looking for the Queen of England.... he is looking for the first lady of a very small state, it shuld not be soooo impossible to find. I just believe that he does not feel the responsiblity, since his father is not there to remind him... and since Caroline has TWO heirs for the throne.. in case of.
I believe that PA is attracted by the kind of personss not suitable for his positions, and he does not want to "lie" by marrying someone, which may be suitable, be which he does not love.
It is not a bad behavior, the opposite from CprinceCharles, who married someone suitable, but without attraction nor love.....
(Our friends from the British Forum will jump....)

Its not that Albert hasn't found someone suitable. He himself has said there was one once (its suspected to be Ms. Mary Whaite), but its all that being the next Princess of Monaco, wife of the Sovereign entails which makes them run from even being considered!

If you take out Albert, the marriage still will bring eternal media attention, scrutiny of everything from children (and relations with Albert's previous), weight, clothes, attitude, speech (especially if they are not native-speaking French and don't learn Monaguasque), image, availability to public, charity work...add Albert and his baggage--why did he choose her, are they married for the children, does she get along with his exes, is he seeing them more than her, is she around for every event, why is she influencing policy...EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of Albert's wife's life will be global fodder whether from a photo or a whisper.

Albert feels very responsibility regarding Monaco's future. But Caroline and her children are safety nets. His is truly only going to marry for love and that person may not understand what they are in for--look at Charlene. She might have thought she was on top of the media but read any thread on her here to see how she has divided just a few people on a messageboard, let alone his country, her country...

Caroline willingly took on the First Lady duties of Monaco when Grace died. I truly think the work helped her through Stefano's death.
Stephanie was uncomfortable with the whole thing even before Grace died. But now some maturing years have her putting her stamp on FAM. She sees how valuable she can be.

I seriously doubt either of them feel that Albert has dumped any of the Monaco RF load on them because he "doesn't want" to get married. It could be that once he does marry, his wife won't want to take the load because of the such wonderful jobs Caroline and Stephanie have done. There she couldn't "win" for trying or refusing!

Perhaps this discussion would be best read in A Wife for Albert?

There's a gallery also @ masterphoto

The blonde lady sitting next to Prince Albert is Camilla, the Duchess of Calabria, née Camilla Crociani. She's happily married to the Prince Carlo of Bourbon Two Sicilies, and has two daughters with him. So no speculations, please!;) She went to the ball with her husband.

fandesacs2003 said:
I'm sorry but I think he is really not willing to marry anyone. It is quite impossible to say that he arrived at his fifties, and he NEVER found a woman suitable. And he is not looking for the Queen of England.... he is looking for the first lady of a very small state, it shuld not be soooo impossible to find. I just believe that he does not feel the responsiblity, since his father is not there to remind him... and since Caroline has TWO heirs for the throne.. in case of.
I believe that PA is attracted by the kind of personss not suitable for his positions, and he does not want to "lie" by marrying someone, which may be suitable, be which he does not love.
It is not a bad behavior, the opposite from CprinceCharles, who married someone suitable, but without attraction nor love.....
(Our friends from the British Forum will jump....)

Take your rose glasses off, Fandy. Unfortunately, everything is possible on this globe. If someone was lucky to find his soul mate by 18-20 y/o it does not mean that all other people in the world will catch their happy chance in good time :sad:

AquaMarine said:
Take your rose glasses off, Fandy. Unfortunately, everything is possible on this globe. If someone was lucky to find his soul mate by 18-20 y/o it does not mean that all other people in the world will catch their happy chance in good time :sad:

In good time, maybe not, but by 50ies.... statistically speaking most of the Princes have found their soul mate at their fifties.....
Of course this discussion does not belong to this thread. IMO PA felt very very reliefed when Caroline had two boys....

Okay...the wife for Albert discussion has gone on far too long.

The topic of this thread is The Rose Ball.

Back
Top Bottom