Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[...]I presume it was a loan she never recycles her evening gowns. I presume they are all loans. She just wears them once. She gives them back and she forgets them.[...]

Gianbattista Valli, Chanel and others are commercial enterprises. They need to sell clothes to exist. Their workforce (coupeuses, modinettes, seretaries, etc.) needs to be paid. There is no any reason why these houses would give Charlotte Casiraghi clothes for free. It is not that she is a magnet, attracting crowds running to Valli or Chanel beause she has worn something on the Bal de la Rose...

:whistling:

Mademoiselle Casiraghi is in the lucky circumstances she can purchase clothes from the best brands. But when she gets her clothes for free, why not give it free to Princess Charlène? Or to Madame Carla Bruni-Sarkozy? Or to Princess Isabelle de Ligne de la Trémoïlle née Orsini? It is impossible for couture houses to give it all for free. And... imagine you buy something from Chanel or Gianbattista Valli and it has been worn on a party by someone else... What you thought was couture is just seondhand... No, impossible.

:flowers:

Gianbattista Valli, Chanel and others are commercial enterprises. They need to sell clothes to exist. Their workforce (coupeuses, modinettes, seretaries, etc.) needs to be paid. There is no any reason why these houses would give Charlotte Casiraghi clothes for free. It is not that she is a magnet, attracting crowds running to Valli or Chanel beause she has worn something on the Bal de la Rose...

:whistling:

Mademoiselle Casiraghi is in the lucky circumstances she can purchase clothes from the best brands. But when she gets her clothes for free, why not give it free to Princess Charlène? Or to Madame Carla Bruni-Sarkozy? Or to Princess Isabelle de Ligne de la Trémoïlle née Orsini? It is impossible for couture houses to give it all for free. And... imagine you buy something from Chanel or Gianbattista Valli and it has been worn on a party by someone else... What you thought was couture is just seondhand... No, impossible.

:flowers:

They do not give to her, they just loan them. The day after the gown is back and the publicity is done. Designers very often lend dresse to famous persons for publicity. Do you think that the Hollywood stars pay for the gowns they wear at the Oscars? Of course not. They are all loans.
As for the "second" hand, it is impossible to know that item has been worn.
Pcs Caroline has often appeared to official balls with lended jewelery, why not gowns.
And how could we know that it does not happen also with Pcs Charlene?

They do not give to her, they just loan them. The day after the gown is back and the publicity is done. Designers very often lend dresse to famous persons for publicity. Do you think that the Hollywood stars pay for the gowns they wear at the Oscars? Of course not. They are all loans.
As for the "second" hand, it is impossible to know that item has been worn.
Pcs Caroline has often appeared to official balls with lended jewelery, why not gowns.
And how could we know that it does not happen also with Pcs Charlene?

Have you some pics of Caroline's lended jewelery? I am very curious to see them.

Her eldest half sister Isabella is married to an Italian Count, an oil baron; her other half sister Lavinia is married to John Elkann the owner of FCA (former FIAT); and her youngest half sister Matilde is married to a German prince.

So Donna Paola was there. This means that the two lovebirds are officially engaded to marry, although there hasn't been an announcement from Caroline.

Seems like Caroline ignored Paola. Perhaps she hoped in a richer or noble daughter-in-law or both. Besides I think Caroline doesn't like the idea of having Bea's grandmother, who was sentenced for fraud, among her in laws.

VARESE: EREDITA' GUTTUSO, CONDANNATA A 8 MESI MARTA MARZOTTO

Does anybody know where Paola Marzotto lives, if she "works" etc. Is she still with Beatrice's father?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you some pics of Caroline's lended jewelery? I am very curious to see them.

I remember it was the Red Cross Ball a couple of years after Pcs Grace death. Caroline was wearing a black gown and a magnificent diamond riviera necklace, bracelet and earrings. Paris Match wrote that it was a loan by Van Cleef, and explained that Pcs Grace and Caroline were often wearing lend pieces for huge events. I remember very well the outfit.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/452048881322083297/

http://worldroyalfamily.blogspot.gr/2015/03/rose-ball-2015-in-aid-of-princess-grace.html?m=1

A nice collection of pics of the last Rose Ball, including a full view of Pcs Alexandra. Nice dress and fully into the Art Deco theme.

Last edited:
Many of the dresses at the Oscars are given to the actresses. It's much cheaper to do that than buy a commercial during the Oscars. Plus you have a famous person wearing your dress. It comes out of their advertising budget.

There is no doubt in my mind that PC and Charlotte are given or loaned clothing from Chanel. I read a joint biography about Yves ST Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld. St. Laurent was very jealous of Karl's relationship with PC. He claimed that alot of Chanel's success was due to that relationship. Look how many times the Grimaldis have been on the covers of Vogue. They represent glamour to the world and what they wear sells.

I think Princess Caroline is aging very gracefully, without all of that nasty plastic surgery. That shows a woman who is confident in who she is.

Rose Ball - March 19th, 2016

This is the thread dedicated to the Rose Ball 2016.

The 62nd Rose Ball will take place on Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 8 pm.

Before posting please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Enjoy and happy posting! :flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
Hello..any updates about the Monaco Rose Ball? I know this year is going to be on the 19th March

I'm curios about the theme of this year :)

Noura

It seems early this year - perhaps because Easter is. Who do we think will be in attendance and will Lagerfeld design Caroline's dress?:argh:

wow cuba..now I'm more curios

thanks for the quick reply! looking forward to the event (in here) ;)

yes Elly C..I was wondering if Karl Lagerfeld is the creator/designer of the Ball theme, just thinking of the two Cuba and Mr.Lagerfeld :)

looking forward to this event..but I can't help but wonder this is the second year it falls on the same day of earth hour , just teasiing ;)

^^^ Yes, it's been some time since we've seen P Charlene in a stunning ball gown! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

^^^ Yes, it's been some time since we've seen P Charlene in a stunning ball gown! Can't wait!

Well putting Karl Lagerfeld and Cuba in the same event can be risky... I fear nothing good can come out of this... ( in gown ball ´s terms, i mean... ) :lol:

El Baile de la Rosa: 60 años de 'glamour' de Grace Kelly a Beatrice Borromeo

El Baile de la Rosa: 60 años de 'glamour' de Grace Kelly a Beatrice Borromeo

The Bal de la Rose: 60 years of glamour

Cuban theme, that's so interesting IMO. I can imagine it to be very fun and Karl will do a good job as he usually does. I can't wait to see the royal ladies tonight!

I hope to see exciting and interesting dresses tonight,because, sadly, ther haven't been very much interesting pieces from the ladies in the past years... I do believe Caroline should stop wearing Lagerfeld for a while, and Charlene should get back to Armani asap.

^^^ Amazing decorations! Beautifully done! I think this is my favorite decor set of the Rose Ball. Curious to know if they observed Earth Hour... Must have been right at the start of the Ball. Now for the Princely couple and their guests to arrive...

Beatrice looks awesome! Look at that necklace! She's looking wonderful!
The other three ladies, well, what shall I say, not my cup of tea at all. But I like Charlotte's updo. To end this post positively. Waiting for Charlene!

Last edited:
Thus far, Beatrice=gorgeous
Tatiana= her usual mess
Charlotte= eh
Alexandra=age appropriate

Last edited:
Although the dress by Valli(?) is too puffy, Beatrice looks great. Compared to the usual, Tatana's ensemble is lovely. Alexandra and Charlotte are so so.

Beatrice is stunning, love the necklace and gown :flowers:

Charlotte is just meh. Nothing awful but nothing amazing. Like the hair

Alexandra looks pretty and age appropriate. The only thing odd to me is the positioning of the black belt. It looks like it is either above or on her boobs (like in movies when women used to wrap their boobs in bandages to hide them) :ermm: Seems an odd placement to me, usually would be below.

Tatiana is a mess plain and simple.

The décor is beautiful but doesn't hit the Cuba theme completely for me. The bar/cars/and backdrops do remind me of Cuba, and some of the framed pics. But the table cloth screams more Hawaii or generic tropics and roses??? I know it seems to have come from the name of an old club in Cuba, but something more tropical would have made more sense for Cuba. And if I read it was true they were going with reggae style music, they do realize this is not Jamaica right? Yes reggae is found else where including in Cuba, but Cuba has a very rich music style and history of its own. Sorry for a bit of a rant but Cuba has such a rich culture of its own and this seems so much like the pre-revolution Americanized version of Cuba which is a shame IMO.

But still all in all the decorations seem one of the best for the ball I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom