Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C
Love the video - you really get the atmosphere of the ball. I enjoy the way Caroline strides out confidently in front of her brother as noted in earlier posts & the "shuffle " dance of Albert on the packed dance floor. What I still don't get is how Pierre & Beatrice arrive & pose as a couple, & Andrea & Charlotte appear together while their partners hover in the background. I only draw attention to this because I'm pretty sure it has happened at previous balls & I wonder why.

Yes. I never noticed that before until someone else brought up that Charlotte and Andrea don't pose or interact with their significant others at the Ball, while Pierre and Beatrice not only pose together but dance together as well. I thought at first maybe it has to do with official status. None of them are married so maybe that's why...but then I remembered Albert. Then I thought perhaps its just a formal thing. Maybe this is the type of function where, as apart of the host country, you've got to mingle with guests. Then I realized I was giving way too much thought to an undeserving subject. Pierre probably doesn't give a you know what about decorum or anything like that. Seems his personality.

Btw, how adorable was he in that video? He looked so cutely startled by all the lights and cameras in his face.

Originally posted by sugarbaby318
This is just my opinion, but I think that Pierre doesn't mind being photographed with Beatrice because that is just his personality and he doesn't care. Charlotte and Andrea have always been more reserved. Charlotte especially never seems to like being in the spotlight, particularly with her boyfriends. It would be a bit obnoxious to have people staring at you and taking pictures when you are trying to cut loose and dance, and people would def. be watching her if she and Alex were dancing together. I agree with some of you who have already posted that it is not protocol or anything, but just personal preference.

On another note I think all of the ladies looked lovely this year and Caroline seemed extremely happy! That is good to see

as much as i agree with both of you in regards to personal appearances in the casiraghi trio's behavior when it comes to their partners, decorum and special events, i think it might be possible that we're gonna see the future of monaco in regards to charlotte taking over her mother's mantle in becoming the next hostess of monaco(no offense to tatiana but considering how her mother has played that role and the history behind it, it would perhaps be understandable if that role goes to her daughter who uncannily shares every feature, style and grace to that of her mother and grandmother but she has yet to come out of her shell in her own way whatever that maybe but one i look forward to in the future :) ) with andrea as it's next sovereign prince. i think that even though pierre knows that he's next-in-line after andrea in regards to succession, he seems, obviously to me, that he is aware of what he can and can't get away with(i'm not implying that he might be a spoiled brat or whatever but i think he maybe aware that both his older siblings are quite the media darling and he is more than happy to have them hog the spotlight ;)). i personally am impressed that these siblings have a very great head on their shoulder showing such maturity at a young age where they know EXACTLY who they are, why they are and what their actions would mean.

it maybe a long post, but i hope you guys don't mind. this is my first time.
thanks...

I disagree...I think they refrain from PDA @ formal events...as they should.

IMHO - It's not so much a matter of how you behave in public, even when they know the cameras are there, there would be a natural warmth if they had a real relationship - I don't see that at all; seems too staged. And, what's Prince Albert waiting for exactly - when is the time going to be right? If he's hoping for a legitimate heir/child, Charlene is entering a dangerous age for child birth (particularly, her first); not saying so to be mean, but any mother knows that if you've not given birth before age 35, it's only increasingly difficult, going forward. Maybe that is why we're seeing the change in Andrea.....

Just one slightly negative note on the Rose Ball 2010:

Why on earth was Frédéric Mitterrand there as part of the line up, standing between Caro and Lalla ??

He made headlines recently for all the wrong reasons, after publishing his autobiography "Une mauvaise vie" - "A Bad Life" .....

Quote: "The profusion of young, very attractive and immediately available boys put me in a state of desire I no longer needed to restrain or to hide".

Frédéric Mitterrand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
What's your point, please?
Frédéric Mitterand's autobiography, in which he made no secret out of being gay, was published way back in 2005.
Last atumn, strictly based on interpretation of quotes from the book, false allegations of paedophilia were made against him in some French TV show - is that what you're referring to?
Hardly a reason for the Monegasque Princely Family not to have him, the French Minister of Culture and Communication who happens to be a gay man, in their official line up at the Rose Ball.

It's good to see Pr.Albert and Charlene still together. She looks stunning. I love the dresses she and Charlotte wore, both lovely. Charlotte is gorgeous.

I hope Pr. Albert marries Charlene, she seems to be handling herself quite well.

No Pr. Ernst, I guess the stories of divorce were true? I haven't seen much on that though?

# 160

I'm talking here about an error of judgement, or perhaps several errors...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with F.M. being openly gay. The furore in 2005 was about passages in his book which offended many, and which caused the French Government embarassment in connection with its relations with Thailand.

So far, so good. But last year he openly defended Roman Polanski....more furore.... and another error of judgement IMO.

The third error of judgement IMO: the Grimaldis inviting him into their line-up at the Rose Ball.

Let us please stay on topic, this is not a thread about Frédéric Mitterand,
his book nor his past...Thanks!

P Caroline has what is now an impossible physical asset to find and that is a very long neck- She is glowing .....Caro always brings that beautiful smile when she walks into the room. Wow!! And her colours go with The Moroccan theme and Matisse- .

Caroline is a classic and regal. She is bringing Monaco back to it's glamourous days. Loved Charlotte's dress too. Tatiana is in the spirit of the theme as is Pierre's girlfriend. It's nice to see the trio in attendance.

The tradition of the seating arrangements was a little altered for this year's ball. Usually, or rather, in the past couples would face each other. But Charlotte and Alex Dellal did not face each other. Here is the arrangement for the seats around Charlotte, at her table, in her row:

Carlo Borromeo ? :unsure:
Beatrice Borromeo
Jean-Thierry Besins
Charlotte Casiraghi
Andrea Stefanowicz Sabrier
Tatiana Santo Domingo
Alexander Dellal
Gaia Repossi

Andrea really looks like Michael Bolton with his short hair. That haircut suits him though!

Thanks for the pics from Lecturas. In the sixth scan, you can see the detail of Beatrice's gown. I mean, you can see better how it's made and I like it more. The material looks very nice. I think Charlotte, Gaia, and Beatrice had the best looks of the evening. All of them very different and very lovely in their own ways.

No Caroline on the dancefloor - does she have something against shuffling in a confined space with lots of other people who have paid to be in your presence? :lol: I still really don't like her fez hat thing - it annoys me. And because it's bright red, it's naturally one of the first things you look at too.
Anyway, I still think Beatrice was the style queen of the night - she totally rocked it. And kept to the theme too. I liked everyone's looks (I disliked the bottom half of Charlene's dress - but I think that's already a well established opinion) but Beatrice really stood out to me. And the obvious connection she and Pierre have. It's great to see. :wub:

Tatiana actually wasn't accurate with her accesory in the forehead. That "tikka" is used by hindu women, not moroccan, as I read in another forum.

I have a question. Does anyone know why at the Rose Ball Charlotte and Andre were a couple and their significate other not by their side at the Ball? Is anything up in the romance department for these couples or did some royal protocol make them act this way?:);):)

^Well, Charlotte generally arrives at the ball at the side of one of her brothers. When Andrea wasn't attending the ball, it was Pierre. I believe it is a protocol matter, because in 2006, Charlotte never was seen standing with Felix, and he was definitely there. You could see Felix in about two pictures, and even in those instances, he was not easy to see. And in the subsequent balls, where Alex was Charlotte's boyfriend, you could see Alex a lot, but rarely next to Charlotte. It seems to be a double standard, because Andrea and Pierre behave more freely with their girlfriends at the ball. I don't know if it's "protocol" or just Charlotte's preference, though. I think it might be her personal preference, just to keep her relationship out of the focus of the event, but who knows?

No Caroline on the dancefloor - does she have something against shuffling in a confined space with lots of other people who have paid to be in your presence? :lol: I still really don't like her fez hat thing - it annoys me. And because it's bright red, it's naturally one of the first things you look at too.
Anyway, I still think Beatrice was the style queen of the night - she totally rocked it. And kept to the theme too. I liked everyone's looks (I disliked the bottom half of Charlene's dress - but I think that's already a well established opinion) but Beatrice really stood out to me. And the obvious connection she and Pierre have. It's great to see. :wub:
Perhaps she stayed off the dance floor because she had no partner - I would feel the same if that was me:ermm:

Oh I know that's probably the reason. Although there have been other times where she hasn't danced when she was still with Ernst as well. I just meant it as a joke. :flowers: There's hardly any room to dance anyway - hence all the awkward shuffling things in the videos. :lol:

Scans of Lecturas magazine:
http://i41.tinypic.com/eg5s0z.jpg
cotilleando.com
has anyone else noticed the ring on Pierre's girlfriend's wedding finger?

:previous: :) I like them as a couple too. I thought Beatrice looked amazing, one of the (if not the) best dressed and really fit the Moroccan theme.

Also, I love Andrea's haircut. He looks so much better and now you see his handsome face instead of being distracted by his hair. :p

i totally agree with everything!!! Beatrice really stood out. Did u notice the ring on her wedding finger?

Here's an additional gallery from ppe with at least a few pics
we haven't seen before:

** ppe gallery - Rose Ball 2010 **

does anyone else notice that PA sometimes has his hand behind PC and not behind CW? i feel he should be made aware of it and i wonder how CW feels about that. personally, i would feel a little disappointed with him.

Perhaps she stayed off the dance floor because she had no partner - I would feel the same if that was me:ermm:

if caro wanted to dance; with or without partner, she would.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone else notice that PA sometimes has his hand behind PC and not behind CW? i feel he should be made aware of it and i wonder how CW feels about that. personally, i would feel a little disappointed with him.

How could anyone be disappointed about a partner who's caring
for and obliging towards his sister or sibblings in general?! I feel
that's a kind of strange feeling you've had.

How could anyone be disappointed about a partner who's caring
for and obliging towards his sister or sibblings in general?! I feel
that's a kind of strange feeling you've had.

there's certainly no question his loyalty to PC. i think it is wonderful - thats not the point i am making.
how abt. people try to put themselves in somebody else's place, thats all.

:lol: If anyone looks annoyed/upset with Albert putting his hand on Caroline's back it's Caroline! I could be reading too much into this but in the No Comment video, there's a certain chilliness in Caroline's body language towards Albert - there's very little eye contact, she seems to avoiding interaction with him and at one point she almost physically turns away from Albert. I know they were posing for photos but they have looked closer in previous years. Not to mention when Caroline, Albert and Charlene were walking down the steps, Caroline was way out in front by herself. That and you could drive a bus through the gap between them. If you love your brother, stand close to him! Okay, maybe that's going a little too far - of course Caroline loves Albert but I didn't see much "loving" behaviour between the two of them. They appeared much closer at the Damien Hirst exhibition - standing close to each other, making eye contact, talking, smiling and engaging with each other. I'm not trying to bash anyone but the difference seems to be that Charlene wasn't there. :whistling:
ETA: It's not much but Albert has his hand on Charlene's back in this photo, this photo, this one and this one. There's this one too. Just, you know, saying... :whistling:

I think one shouldn't read too much into certain gestures and
looks, as these are only very short snapshots. Interpretations
can often get too lopsided.

Tatiana actually wasn't accurate with her accesory in the forehead. That "tikka" is used by hindu women, not moroccan, as I read in another forum.
The "tikka' has been used by Oriental women[Hindu} rarely nowadays] and Moroccan ones too if you look at older paintings=-just that they are mainly in silver-some are in gold and the tikka is what I call it and it is used in Morocco.Tatiana was accurate. She would have been leaning to Hinduism if she had put a red dot in the middle of her forehead her to wear that tikka above at the hairline otherwise it does not stand for anything in Hindustan.

Back
Top Bottom