The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2161  
Old 03-10-2020, 03:59 PM
lazuli's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
While its sad that its had to be postponed its really the best decision IMO.
Yes… I also think it's the best decison… Better safe than sorry!!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2162  
Old 05-14-2020, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 1,978
It seems that the tablecloths destined for the Rose Ball are being turned into masks and sold to raise money for the Princess Grace Foundation. Seems like a good idea to me.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2163  
Old 05-14-2020, 11:21 AM
lazuli's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
It seems that the tablecloths destined for the Rose Ball are being turned into masks and sold to raise money for the Princess Grace Foundation. Seems like a good idea to me.
That's a great idea!!! Not only for it's simbolism, but it's also a clever way to turn a great loss ( of Money ) into " small " proffit… I like it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2164  
Old 05-16-2020, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
It seems that the tablecloths destined for the Rose Ball are being turned into masks and sold to raise money for the Princess Grace Foundation. Seems like a good idea to me.
Update - according to Paris Match the cloth used is from a couple of years ago. Which makes sense if they are hoping to hold this year's theme next year.
Reply With Quote
  #2165  
Old 05-16-2020, 09:49 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,319
That will never be FFP masks with regulated EU norms for measured aerosol filtration to keep any virus away. It is a fancy idea, masks made from table cloths from the Bal de la Rose but anyone will understand the tablecloth alone will be no any hindrance to a virus.

Better use the tableclothes for next Bal de la Rose.
Reply With Quote
  #2166  
Old 05-16-2020, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That will never be FFP masks with regulated EU norms for measured aerosol filtration to keep any virus away. It is a fancy idea, masks made from table cloths from the Bal de la Rose but anyone will understand the tablecloth alone will be no any hindrance to a virus.

Better use the tableclothes for next Bal de la Rose.
No cloth mask of any kind is a great hindrance to the Coronavirus. The purpose of short term wearing of a mask is to cut down on the wearer spreading the virus rather than catching it. Any kind of material covering the mouth and nose worn for a short period and then washed is therefore fine. Nobody was proposing that they be worn in a medical setting. And the sale raises money for a good cause. So it seems to me to be a perfectly good use of cloth serving no other purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #2167  
Old 05-17-2020, 02:07 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
No cloth mask of any kind is a great hindrance to the Coronavirus. The purpose of short term wearing of a mask is to cut down on the wearer spreading the virus rather than catching it. Any kind of material covering the mouth and nose worn for a short period and then washed is therefore fine. Nobody was proposing that they be worn in a medical setting. And the sale raises money for a good cause. So it seems to me to be a perfectly good use of cloth serving no other purpose.
My suggestion would be: leave the tableclothes, let the honourable ladies and gentlemen multi-miliardaires donate the price for the tableclothes to the producer of medical masks.

Now tableclothes have to be transported to a facility, washed chemically, ripped up to pieces in a factory, dozens of seamstressses and seamsters have to create these masks, which have to be sealed, packed, transported, distributed.

And next year: new tableclothes have to be ordered. The most economic unlogic process anyone ever can imagine. Just a small donation from those tax-avoiding milliardaires in the principauté (which causes less tax revenues in their homelands for fighting the vrius...) is a 100 times more effective in acquiring masks than re-using tableclothes from the Bal de la Rose.

Reply With Quote
  #2168  
Old 05-17-2020, 03:28 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,643
The cloth doesn't have to be washed chemically in any special process. And they certainly don't require some specialty factory of seamstresses to make. They can be made by anyone who can hold a needle and thread, and there are designs that don't even require sewing.

Its become very common for people to be encouraged to make masks to donate to people on the front lines. Yes the 'medical ones' need to be of different quality, but these cloth ones no.

They are using old table cloths from years ago. They would be buying new table cloths next year one way or another. Its not like they are going to put themselves into debt by donating the table cloths this year.

My family have masks made from my mother's left over quilt fabric, tree skirts and baby bibs of all things. Some people will be able to say 'look I have a mask from a royal charity ball'.

People like to donate to charity even more when there is a novelty to things.
Reply With Quote
  #2169  
Old 05-17-2020, 03:59 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The cloth doesn't have to be washed chemically in any special process. And they certainly don't require some specialty factory of seamstresses to make. They can be made by anyone who can hold a needle and thread, and there are designs that don't even require sewing.

Its become very common for people to be encouraged to make masks to donate to people on the front lines. Yes the 'medical ones' need to be of different quality, but these cloth ones no.

They are using old table cloths from years ago. They would be buying new table cloths next year one way or another. Its not like they are going to put themselves into debt by donating the table cloths this year.

My family have masks made from my mother's left over quilt fabric, tree skirts and baby bibs of all things. Some people will be able to say 'look I have a mask from a royal charity ball'.

People like to donate to charity even more when there is a novelty to things.
Well, if the multi-milliardaire tax-avoiders in the principauté have sunk so low that table cloths from a fundraiser have to be shredded to pieces to create totally ineffective masks: be my guest. It is economically as unlogic as bringing water to the sea.

Reply With Quote
  #2170  
Old 05-17-2020, 06:01 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Well, if the multi-milliardaire tax-avoiders in the principauté have sunk so low that table cloths from a fundraiser have to be shredded to pieces to create totally ineffective masks: be my guest. It is economically as unlogic as bringing water to the sea.

I don't think the masks are for the "tax-avoiders". They're on sale in the Boutique du Rocher - aimed at tourists and people with a little less money who pay tax.

And again - they aren't totally ineffective.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ball, charlene wittstock, charlotte casiraghi, pierre casiraghi, prince albert ii, princess caroline, princess charlene


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019 tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 1571 06-23-2020 10:52 AM
A Retrospective: Rose Ball - Monaco tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 176 07-29-2015 03:38 PM
A Retrospective: Red Cross Ball - Monaco Lyonnaise Princely Family of Monaco 207 06-09-2006 02:48 PM
Online Monaco Party Thread to celebrate the 2006 Rose Ball teense Princely Family of Monaco 62 03-26-2006 04:50 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication althorp anastasia anastasia once upon a time belgian royal family bridal gown castles chittagong cht clarence house crown princess victoria danish royalty denmark diana princess of wales dna dutch royal family edo emperor facts family tree foundation future genealogy hill historical drama house of glucksburg intro jacobite jewelry jumma king salman languages list of rulers lithuanian palaces mail maxima memoir monaco history mountbatten netflix nobel 2019 northern ireland norway norwegian royal family palestine popularity princess margaret random facts rown royal children royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress russian imperial family saudi arabia settings snowdon spanish history spencer family state visit to denmark sweden swedish royalty tracts wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×