Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Usually is Getty very fast at this occasions...Yes, there are pics!!

Princess Caroline of Hanover, Ernst of Hanover, Prince Albert and Charlene, Princess Stephanie, Princess Antoinette..yuppi!

I had a quick look. The little tug boat is still out there on the water with its blinking lights on.

No sign of fireworks yet.

:flowers:

yeah why july it was august last year
Yes it is always the first week of August, after which local administration goes on holidays. This year they wanted Diana Ross (in todays paper it said that they had to have a big star which is why it had to be moved forward...Diana Ross big star in the 80s? certainly no more and a bit too much in the bottle last time I heard, but that puts her maybe back in the list of todays stars?:rolleyes:) and apparently this was the only time she was free. Hmh, tomorrow there is Rod Stewart. Wasn't/Isn't he bigger then Diana Ross?

Thanks Paca for the info Stephanie looks Great in white love that smile.

Thanks for the pics :) Well I remember that in the past the Ball was held on the last week of July too. One ocassion that comes to my mind is 25 years ago in 1982.

Maybe Diana could have performed with Rod Stewart, it would have been a good show.

Too bad the Casiraghis didn't attend :(

You can shoot at me, but I really like Charlene's outfit! Even her hair looks great tonight. And she entered directly with the Princely Family this year, not some rows behind them!

When shall we open the dancefloor here lol

Just saw Melanie and Chris Levine in some pics. Chris is seated next to Charlene.

Maybe too the date was changed because it would have coincided with Charlotte's 21st birthday celebrations on August 3rd?

I wonder if Albert will dance with Stephanie ?

Maybe Diana will be perform Endless Love to open the Ball.

Charlene looks nice too, is it me or does her look seem a bit Grace Kelly in "To Catch a Thief". Virgina Gallico is there too.

I like Caroline's look, obviously all three ladies look OK comparing to last years.

[FONT=&quot]There are several pretty little tug boats all coloured up with lights floating around the Sporting.

The fog coming down from Mont Agel is very thick. There is a lot of humidity tonight. The air feels almost wet.

I heard some of the music coming from down there. Now things got sort of quieter.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/758...4AD9FDB9CF193954D253045690004FC855DDFA8D9F28E

Why don't they smile? Are they unhappy about something? This is not a funeral is it?
[/FONT]

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]There are several pretty little tug boats all coloured up with lights floating around the Sporting.

[FONT=&quot]The fog coming down from Mont Agel is very thick. There is a lot of humidity tonight. The air feels almost wet.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I heard some of the music coming from down there. Now things got sort of quieter.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/758...4AD9FDB9CF193954D253045690004FC855DDFA8D9F28E[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Why don't they smile? Are they unhappy about something? This is not a funeral is it? [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Ah, it is not. I'd love to be there right now ;) Thanks for little trivia MadameConcorde.

Caroline wearing ... bbboooooooooooooooooommm Chanel

http://www.elle.com/assets/image/2007/Q1/013020071310526695.jpg

Bobby Darin

I think "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" would be nice for opening ;)
I hope they play Bobby Darin's Beyond the Sea,Dream Lover and finally they play Nature Boy...... with a little Sergio Mendez & Brazil 66 thrown in.

Ah, it is not. I'd love to be there right now ;) Thanks for little trivia MadameConcorde.

Caroline wearing ... bbboooooooooooooooooommm Chanel

http://www.elle.com/assets/image/2007/Q1/013020071310526695.jpg
All curves Caroline wearing her Chanel this year.Is that her trying to prove she is not a man? wow!va voom.........
She has put some weight on in all the right places...spectacular evening gown...and I like that entry of hers with Pa, arm in arm absolutely fab......
United we stand divided we fall....Just cannot help loving those Grimaldis.
Steph's gown was lovely.More later and on CWin her thread as more pics come over the newswire.

Let us give an honest answer:

When you see the bald man in his white smoking and the three ladies, would you think these are members of the Hochadel ?

:ermm:

Is it me or is Charlene trying to appear like Grace with the hair pulled back and the white strapless dress - like the one in the lovely portrait of Grace in the hall of mirrors?

Lanvin gown of Princess Grace

{quoted material deleted for consistency - Elspeth}
The gown Princess Grace wore in the famous Ralph Cowan portrait is about twenty yards or metres of a confection by the House Of Lanvin.It had seed pearls in the bustier etc. quite the work of art.
Check with me in Cw fashion for commenatry on her gown.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they had come with the kids, breathe some youth into this. I'll never forget Caroline's first appearance at 16, in Dior, flanked by her father and mother who let her have the spotlight that day, and a few months later, at the Rose ball, in white. Those were the days... And Caroline did smile, and what a smile !

Incidentally, has Princess Caroline attended all the Red Cross Balls since all her babies were late spring, early summer babies ? i can't remember...
I know she attended after her separation from Philippe Junot, and almost cried when Frank Sinatra sang that really sad song (forget its title). Well, I know this thread is about tonight, not decades ago. Still, some of you can probably relate...

Also, beautiful as Stephanie looks, she is beginning to look a little like her aunt Antoinette, same kind of slouch. (Or is Charlene really a giant everybody has to look up to ? Just kidding.) Nothing wrong with that, it's just that we need young people around !

Back
Top Bottom