Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 8: January 2016 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As always Charlene is the epitome of elegance and beauty.

Despite the gloomy wet weather it was still lovely to see the Prince and Princess together at the Monte-Carlo ATP Masters Series Tennis Tournament.

Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 8: January 2016 -

Thanks Iceflower. P Albert really seemed thrilled to have his wife with him.Some lovely moments of PDA's between the couple: loving looks, subtle hand holding, posing arm in arm and the kiss on her temple.

I hope this signals the return of P Charlene to all the usual events we are used to.

The De Massy's were present too. Anyone knows who the gentleman was seated to the left of Melanie? Could it be a boyfriend maybe? Louis Ducruet and girlfriend Marie also attended. There are pics, but I'm unable to post links from my iPad.

: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...ds-the-final-of-the-2016-news-photo/522083208

Louis Ducruet et Marie,
http://www.purepeople.com/article/l...naud-clement-en-amoureux-au-masters_a180352/1

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Baroness De Massy is president of this event , her mother P Antoinette was the president before her .

There are lovely moments between Albert and Charlene,

I like her earings.

Next month, Charlene will launch then new branch of her foundation in Durban but we will have the times to speak about it.

Prince Albert and Pierre were pictured in the control centre of the Solar Impulse 2 solar powered plane in Monaco, during the planes take-off from Kalaeloa for a round-the-world odyssey to promote alternative energy on April 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Beatrice was also present.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Albert and Pierre were pictured in the control centre of the Solar Impulse 2 solar powered plane in Monaco, during the planes take-off from Kalaeloa for a round-the-world odyssey to promote alternative energy on April 21:

Beatrice was also present.

Is there any pic of Beatrice, please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Capri, there are no pics of Beatrice.

I don't know where zarat has spotted her, but as far as I know Beatrice has not attended the event on April 21.

The pics Countessmeout has posted are from March 2015, not April 2016.

Prince Albert as President and Pierre Casiraghi as Vice-President of the Monaco Yacht Club together with Beatrice met with South African born, Swiss explorer and adventurer Mike Horn in Monaco today, May 6.
Mike Horn will set off on May 8 from Monaco harbour aboard of his exploration yacht for his expedition Pole2Pole to circumnavigate the world via the two poles.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

I rather like Pierre with his beard - very sailor like.

Prince Jean de France - Le Duc et la Duchesse de Vendôme au dîner offert par le Prince Alvaro et par la Princesse Antonella d'Orléans-Bourbon

Prince Albert and Princess Caroline attended a dinner in honor of King Juan Carlos of Spain. Other royal families attended as well.

P.S. I have a picture but don't know how to post it here.

Interesting that a junior Prince, and not his elder brother the Duke of Galliera, organized an event with such an impressive guestlist. It look like the former King of Spain came alone, the former King of Bulgaria came alone, the Prince of Monaco came alone, so Charlène was not the only absentee on this private diner. Nice to see the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme mingling with fellow royals.

Interesting that a junior Prince, and not his elder brother the Duke of Galliera, organized an event with such an impressive guestlist. It look like the former King of Spain came alone, the former King of Bulgaria came alone, the Prince of Monaco came alone, so Charlène was not the only absentee on this private diner. Nice to see the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme mingling with fellow royals.

Well, strictly speaking, if Caroline was there then Albert didn't go alone.

The attendance of the Princess of Hannover seem obvious. She fits seamlessly in the highborn congregation ánd she has known Prince Alvaro her whole life long. His mother was a niece to Queen Paola of the Belgians. His daughter is a godchild of King Juan Carlos. He has lived all his life in Monte-Carlo (the Grimaldis) and in Sanlucár de Barrameda (the Bulgarians), is related to the Comte de Paris and thd Duc de Vendôme. I would say: Caroline's perfect habitat... Not so for a girl from Bulawayo. We can not blame Charlène. Her new life in the ostentatively arch-wealthy bubble of Monte-Carlo could not be more different than her normal life in a swimming-pool.

Last edited:
The attendance of the Princess of Hannover seem obvious. She fits seamlessly in the highborn congregation ánd she has known Prince Alvaro her whole life long. His mother was a niece to Queen Paola of the Belgians. His daughter is a godchild of King Juan Carlos. He has lived all his life in Monte-Carlo (the Grimaldis) and in Sanlucár de Barrameda (the Bulgarians), is related to the Comte de Paris and thd Duc de Vendôme. I would say: Caroline's perfect habitat... Not so for a girl from Bulawayo. We can not blame Charlène. Her new life in the ostentatively arch-wealthy bubble of Monte-Carlo could not be more different than her normal life in a swimming-pool.

Who blamed Charlene? Not me - I merely pointed out that Albert didn't attend alone... However, (no blame, just observation) she's lived in Monaco for long enough now to have got used to - if not comfortable with - the "bubble".

Charlène is not a mermaid, she has spent more of her life on dry land than in a swimming pool and I'm sure people from Bulawayo (or Benoni, for that matter) are actually capable of a bit more than you appear to give them credit for.

I would say: Caroline's perfect habitat... Not so for a girl from Bulawayo. We can not blame Charlène. Her new life in the ostentatively arch-wealthy bubble of Monte-Carlo could not be more different than her normal life in a swimming-pool.

This must be one of the most condescending sentences I have ever read on this board...

Try to replace oneself in a girl from Bulawayo with a great talent for sports in general and swimming in particular. Suddenly she finds herself in another country, in another continent, in another hemisphere even. And then not with an European dude in a suburb somewhere, no: with a way older man, a Prince even, living in a palais princier on a rock. And when she looks around she sees no mums bicycling their child to school, she sees a congestion of Rovers, Teslas, Audis in front of the schoolgates. When she looks into Main Street, she does not see Ibrahim's 24h Döner, she sees Baume & Mercier, she sees Chanel. The charming pittoresque fishing boats have been replaced by mega-yachts from Russian oligarchs and Arab sheikhs. Little is needed to get a totally deformed world view and come to the core essence of what is life about: to feel happiness in small things, in a drawing made by Jacques, in seeing Gabriella cuddling the dog. Then having a reception with a Prince so-and-so, in the attendance of royals from here and from there, in a posh etablissement in an already über-posh Monte-Carlo with the omnipresent media prying her can be só awful that she prefers to stay with the twins.

Most probably she was right as Charlène looks like someone with both feet on the ground, with a sound mind and a clear view on the world. For Albert and Caroline this IS their life. They know no better than seeing Lamborghinis and Maseratis driving through the street. The marble cour of the palais princier with the stunning frescoes was their playground and have kid parties on mega yachts in the marina of Monte-Carlo, pffff... what else is new? We see that with the Santo Domingos and the Borromeos this extraordinary lifestyle is extended by marrying partners also used to this crazy world.

With saying that Charlotte will have felt in her natural habitat, chatting with old pal and neighbourhood boy Alvaro d'Orléans, laughing with Juan Carlos de Borbón and nipping from a Moët & Pommery Rosé with a splendid vue de mer is nothing special at all. My feeling says that Charlène loathes the superficial bronze-tanned monegasque bubble and prefers to live with Albert and the twins in a wooden lodge, somewhere near the Kruger Park above conversing with botox-faced Amerikanskis with half the Van Cleef & Arpels display around their neck. Of course: what counts for Charlène counts for Mette-Marit and Letizia as well, but at least the last two do not live in a sort of über-posh Club Med all year long.

Last edited:
Try to replace oneself in a girl from Bulawayo with a great talent for sports in general and swimming in particular. Suddenly she finds herself in another country, in another continent, in another hemisphere even. And then not with an European dude in a suburb somewhere, no: with a way older man, a Prince even, living in a palais princier on a rock. And when she looks around she sees no mums bicycling their child to school, she sees a congestion of Rovers, Teslas, Audis in front of the schoolgates. When she looks into Main Street, she does not see Ibrahim's 24h Döner, she sees Baume & Mercier, she sees Chanel. The charming pittoresque fishing boats have been replaced by mega-yachts from Russian oligarchs and Arab sheikhs. Little is needed to get a totally deformed world view and come to the core essence of what is life about: to feel happiness in small things, in a drawing made by Jacques, in seeing Gabriella cuddling the dog. Then having a reception with a Prince so-and-so, in the attendance of royals from here and from there, in a posh etablissement in an already über-posh Monte-Carlo with the omnipresent media prying her can be só awful that she prefers to stay with the twins.

Most probably she was right as Charlène looks like someone with both feet on the ground, with a sound mind and a clear view on the world. For Albert and Caroline this IS their life. They know no better than seeing Lamborghinis and Maseratis driving through the street. The marble cour of the palais princier with the stunning frescoes was their playground and have kid parties on mega yachts in the marina of Monte-Carlo, pffff... what else is new? We see that with the Santo Domingos and the Borromeos this extraordinary lifestyle is extended by marrying partners also used to this crazy world.

With saying that Charlotte will have felt in her natural habitat, chatting with old pal and neighbourhood boy Alvaro d'Orléans, laughing with Juan Carlos de Borbón and nipping from a Moët & Pommery Rosé with a splendid vue de mer is nothing special at all. My feeling says that Charlène loathes the superficial bronze-tanned monegasque bubble and prefers to live with Albert and the twins in a wooden lodge, somewhere near the Kruger Park above conversing with botox-faced Amerikanskis with half the Van Cleef & Arpels display around their neck. Of course: what counts for Charlène counts for Mette-Marit and Letizia as well, but at least the last two do not live in a sort of über-posh Club Med all year long.

A bit patronising, really. Charlene's not stupid, she held her own at various big functions in the past so I'm sure she could have managed if need be.

By the way, I have no problem with her not attending, it was a private dinner with people she probably doesn't know. But I do think you set your expectations of her rather low - just because she comes from Bulawayo... and swims.

She didn't "suddenly" find herself in this environment, she spent five years as Albert's companion, travelling with him or accompanying him on many occasions, she was engaged for a year and has been married to him for several years. Her priorities may have changed since she's had children but she's not some untutored ingenue fresh out of the backwoods.

As for conversing with Botoxed faced "Americanskis" - well, at least it's the right language for her and the rules of this board mean I can't possibly comment the way I want to about the other...

Last edited:
And yet again, no Charlene at one of the primary religious events in the Principality - those events that are very important to the Monaco citizens.

But she had time to pull out rugby countries like a D-list game show hostess.

Thank goodness Albert and Caroline know what's needed.

And yet again, no Charlene at one of the primary religious events in the Principality - those events that are very important to the Monaco citizens.

But she had time to pull out rugby countries like a D-list game show hostess.

Thank goodness Albert and Caroline know what's needed.

Truth. Too bad no call traditions Charlene principality.

Umbelievable!!! Charlene took another day off....she is too busy so far!

I'm a bit disappointed that Charlene didn't attend, as I've gotten the impression that since she's been married into the family, she has become more religious. Therefore I would've thought that it would be important for her to attend. Perhaps she was ill or wanted to stay at home with the twins, but it does seem a little strange that she was absent today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom