Prince Rainier & Princess Grace Pictures Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes sorry for my not perfect english, i´m sure that is aunthetic coat, i saw it in the monaco exhibition last 2007.

hugs,
Lily.

Two pictures of Rainier and Grace. First one in the wedding day and last one in their 20 aniversary I think.

avaiable in ebay.
I have never seen in my life a more beautiful wedding dress like this....It is perfect,imo.I saw in The Grace kelly exhibition both in Monaco and Paris,and it is so glamorous.She is the most beautiful bride ever seen:flowers:

yes, I love it. She had got a lot of personality and style choosing so elegant and different (not like other 50s dresses) wedding gown.

how beutiful...

I readed that when Grace left Palace and enter in the car later the meeting with the prince, she said to the photographer: "He´s charming, really charming".

One year later they were married... that´s life, like a fairy tale.

:twohearts: It's nice to hear what Pss.Grace thought of Ranier after she met him. it's not surprising to hear it told most everyone else thought so too?!

:twohearts: Pa they say also is charming which explains why he's a favorite at all those meetings he speaks at all the time. :heartflower:

Princess Grace of Monaco is greeted by dignitaries on her arrival in Dublin for the Festival of Music, 13th June 1961.
http://s5.tinypic.com/210x9aq.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/j8cdiq.jpg

Wonderful photo's

Hard to believe that the iconic Tour of Ireland by TSH was almost 50 yrs ago .

The Irish News stated that ;

On 12 June 1961, an estimated 30,000 people were in Dublin's O'Connell Street to try and get a glimpse of THS Prince Rainier III and Princess Grace of Monaco.
14 people were taken to hospital and 50 others treated for minor injuries, as crowds jammed the street outside the Gresham Hotel, where the royal couple were attending a ball. On her arrival at the hotel, Princess Grace was reported to be concerned that someone might get seriously hurt in the crush.

i just found this old video from 1964 of grace kelly inaugurating the roseraie at a park in lyon with the begum.

Vidéo Ina - Inauguration de la roseraie en présence de la princesse GRACE DE MONACO, vidéo Inauguration de la roseraie en présence de la princesse GRACE DE MONACO, vidéo - Archives vidéos : Ina.fr

Les altesses Grace KELLY de Monaco et la BEGUM sont présentes parmi les nombreux invités pour l'inauguration de la roseraie du parc de la Tête d'or, à Lyon.

Amazing video.I love her hairstyle and hat.Grace loved roses so she had to be happy in this inauguration:flowers:
Thanks dear queenofthelight for your kind words.

The other woman in the pic isn't she a opera singer?

Indeed that is the great singer Marian Anderson. This is such a wonderful picture! I am so happy to have a picture of Princess Grace with this extraordinary American. Ms. Anderson was, like Grace, a native of Philadelphia. Probably her most famous moment came in 1939 at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. where, at the request of President and Mrs. Roosevelt, she performed an open-air concert to 75,000 people of all races. She, as so many black artists, had to contend with racial discrimination all of her performing career. The Lincoln Memorial performance came as a result of her being denied to sing in Constitution Hall by the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). Eleanor Roosevelt (and many others) revoked their memberships to DAR in protest. Needless to say Marian Anderson is a very interesting figure and I'd encourage everyone to at least hear her sing. YouTube has footage of the Lincoln Memorial performance. Thank you for posting this picture, queenofthelight!

Back
Top Bottom