On This Day: Monegasque Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this day, November 21, 1689 ~ Birth of Jacques I, Prince of Monaco in Normandy, France

On this day, December 8, 1818 ~ Birth of Charles III, Prince of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, December 11, 1850 ~ Birth of Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton, Hereditary Princess of Monaco, first wife of Prince Albert I of Monaco, at Hamilton Palace in Hamilton, Scotland

:xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2:

Last edited by a moderator:
On this day, December 11, 1850 ~ Birth of Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton, Hereditary Princess of Monaco, first wife of Prince Albert I of Monaco, at Hamilton Palace in Hamilton, Scotland

:xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2:

Lady Mary Victoria Douglas-Hamilton mother Princess Marie Amelie of Baden was a cousin of Napoleon III of France and a close confident of the Empress Eugénie.
Princess Marie Amelie of Baden, Duchess of Hamilton

380px-Marie_Amelie_of_Baden.jpg

On this day, December 13, 1826 ~ Demise of Louise d'Aumont Mazarin, Princess of Monaco, wife of Prince Honore IV of Monaco, in Paris, France

On this day, December 22, 1925 ~ Demise of Alice Heine, Princess of Monaco, spouse of Prince Albert I of Monaco, in Paris, France

On this day, December 22, 1925 ~ Demise of Alice Heine, Princess of Monaco, spouse of Prince Albert I of Monaco, in Paris, France

The couple had separated and Alice, Dowager Princess of Monaco died in Paris and was not buried at the Princely Crypt in Monaco and is buried at the Père Lachaise Cemetery.

On this day, December 29, 1731 ~ Demise of Sovereign Princess Louise-Hippolyte of Monaco at the Prince's Palace in Monaco

On this day, December 29, 1731 ~ Demise of Sovereign Princess Louise-Hippolyte of Monaco at the Prince's Palace in Monaco

Princess Louise's reign was brief having only acceded in February of that year and was succeeded by her son Honoré III as Sovereign Prince of Monaco.

On this day, January 3, 1701 ~ Demise of Prince Louis I of Monaco in Rome, Italy

On this day, January 3, 1701 ~ Demise of Prince Louis I of Monaco in Rome, Italy

As well as being the sovereign Prince and Duke of Valentinois he was also Louis XIV's ambassador to the Holy See which is why he died in Rome.
His remains were brought back to Monaco and buried and he was succeeded by his son Antoine Ier.

On this day, January 10, 1662 ~ Demise of Prince Honore II of Monaco in Monaco

On this day, January 10, 1662 ~ Demise of Prince Honore II of Monaco in Monaco

Honore II was the 1st ruler of Monaco to style himself Prince and was styled Lord of Monaco from 1604–1612. In 1612 Monaco was recognized as a Principality and later Louis XIII granted the Prince the titles Duke of Valentinois ,Marquise of Baux ,Count of Carladès ,Baron of Calvinet , Buis and Sire de Saint-Rémy-de-Provence .

Honore II reigned 1604-1662.

385px-HonoriusIIMonaco-1-.jpg

On this day, January 25, 1661 ~ Birth of Prince Antoine I of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, February 10, 1858 ~ Birth of Alice Heine, Princess of Monaco, wife of Prince Albert I of Monaco, in New Orleans, Louisiana

On this day, February 16, 1819 ~ Demise of Prince Honore IV of Monaco

On this day, February 16, 1819 ~ Demise of Prince Honore IV of Monaco

Honore IV's reign was short from 1814 to February 1819 and as he was in poor health his brother Prince Joseph of Monaco acted as Regent of the Principality.

Honoré IV
409px-HonoriusIV.jpg

On this day, February 20, 1731 ~ Demise of Prince Antoine I of Monaco in Monaco

On this day, March 18, 1813 ~ Demise of Maria Caterina Brignole, Princess of Monaco, wife of Prince Honore III of Monaco, in Wimbledon, England

On this day, March 18, 1813 ~ Demise of Maria Caterina Brignole, Princess of Monaco, wife of Prince Honore III of Monaco, in Wimbledon, England

At the time of her death she was Princesses of Condé having married her long term lover Louis Joseph de Bourbon,Prince of Condé in 1798.
The Princess died in exile and was buried at St Aloysius Church in Somers Town, London with her funeral being paid for by the British royal family.

Maria_Caterina_Brignole_de_Sale%2C_principessa_di_Monaco.jpg

On this day, March 21, 1795 ~ Demise of Prince Honore III of Monaco

On this day, April 23, 1751 ~ Demise of Prince Jacques I of Monaco at Hotel Matignon in Paris, France

On this day, April 23, 1751 ~ Demise of Prince Jacques I of Monaco at Hotel Matignon in Paris, France

Jacques was the spouse of Princess Louise of Monaco and was a French noble and the couple had married in October 1715.
Louise became the Sovereign Princess in 1731 following her fathers death and Jacques acted as Regent during her illness and after her death for their son Honoré III.

He later resettled in France and lived at the Hôtel de Matignon in Paris which was owned by the Princely family until 1793 when it was seized during the revolution.

364px-Jacques_I%2C_Prince_of_Monaco.jpg

On this day, May 14, 1778 ~ Birth of Prince Honore V of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, May 14, 1778 ~ Birth of Prince Honore V of Monaco in Paris, France

Honoré V's mother was Louise d'Aumont who was a French Duchess in her own right and held various other titles some of which are still used by the Princely Family today.

Louise was Duchess of Mazarin ,Mayenne and of La Meilleraye, Marquise of Guiscard de Chilly ,Comtesse de Longjumeau ,Countess of Ferrette , Belfort , Thann and of Rosemont ,Princess of Château-Porcien and Baroness de Massy and Baroness of Altkirch.

Princess_Louise_of_Monaco%2C_wife_of_Honor%C3%A9_IV_of_Monaco_by_an_unknown_artist.jpg

On this day, May 17, 1758 ~ Birth of Prince Honore IV of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, May 17, 1758 ~ Birth of Prince Honore IV of Monaco in Paris, France

He was Prince of Monaco for less than 5 years May 30 , 1814– February 16 , 1819.
In 1793 the French annexed Monaco and his father Honoré III was imprisoned and his mother Marie-Catherine Brignole escaped to England and joined the large French émigré community in London.

The Principality and estates were restored in 1814 following the Congress of Vienna after the fall of Napoleon.

409px-HonoriusIV.jpg

On this day, May 31, 1923 ~ Birth of Rainier III, Prince of Monaco in Monaco

On this day, June 4, 1678 ~ Demise of Catherine Charlotte de Gramont, Princess of Monaco, at the Palais Royal in Paris, France

On this day, June 20, 1856 ~ Demise of Prince Florestan I of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, June 26, 1922 ~ Demise of Prince Albert I of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, June 26, 1922 ~ Demise of Prince Albert I of Monaco in Paris, France

Albert I had reigned as Prince of Monaco from 1889 until his death and was succeeded by his son, Louis II.
In 1911 he launched the first The Monte-Carlo Automobile Rally!

On this day, July 17, 1793 ~ Birth of Marie Caroline Gibert de Lametz, Princess of Monaco, spouse of Prince Florestan I of Monaco, in Coulommiers, France

On this day, July 25, 1642 ~ Birth of Louis I, Prince of Monaco at the Prince's Palace in Monaco

On this day, July 25, 1642 ~ Birth of Louis I, Prince of Monaco at the Prince's Palace in Monaco

Louis I, was Prince of Monaco from 1662 until 1701 and also Duke of Valentinois a title that was bestowed on his father,Honoré II in 1642 along with Marquisate Les Baux by Louis XIII of France.

382px-Portrait_de_Louis_Ier_de_Monaco.jpg

Back
Top Bottom