National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For anyone who is interested, you can find a video about this years National Day here, it's 13 min long. Just click on voir la video at the bottom of the page.

Thanks Tbhrc for the video clip!

I noticed in the church when they were greeting each other during the service (forgive me if it is called something else in the Catholic church, in the Protestant church that is what my church calls it:) ) Stephanie and Caroline never reach out for each other. They shake hands with every person around them except each other.

memoo said:
Thanks Tbhrc for the video clip!

I noticed in the church when they were greeting each other during the service (forgive me if it is called something else in the Catholic church, in the Protestant church that is what my church calls it:) ) Stephanie and Caroline never reach out for each other. They shake hands with every person around them except each other.
It is called giving each other the peace (at least that's how it translates from French) and I have to assure you that they were always shaking hands with the priests and everyone close to them. I know what you are trying to get at, but Caro and Steph were very friendly with each other, chatting when they arrived with Albert and walking behind him up the stairs ad all of them were smiling and gesturing after peace giving to the opposite side were the Casiraghis and Antoinettes family were sitting. That was actually to me the nicest moment of the whole mass, because it was the only time I saw every single one of them smile from their heart. So it was simply just not in the cut of the clip. That's all.

Thanks tbhrc for the link and thanks Paca for the information.

Sorry for dragging up this old subject, but does anybody why princess Antoinette didn't attend the national day festivities? I hope she isn't /wasn't ill.

Has anyone here ever been in Monaco during National Day? If anyone has been, please private message or email me and recommend good flights, best hotel etc. I would love to go to Monaco one day soon and see National Day Festivities.

National Day 2007 - Monaco

Post here news and pics about this years Monégasque National Holiday.

On November 19th, Monaco celebrates its National Holiday with spectacular fireworks over the harbor the evening before and a mass in the Cathedral the next morning. An excellent opportunity to see the pomp and circumstance of the Principality, visitors can see the Knights of Malta, distinguished ambassadors, consuls and state officials decked out in medal-laden uniforms as they congregate in the Place St. Nicholas after the mass. Then it is off to the Prince’s Palace where onlookers can see the Princely family wave to the crowd from the windows of the palace.
Monaco Official Site - Major Events

The dates:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial Narrow, Helvetica, Arial]From November 18th to 19th, 2007 TRADITIONS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial Narrow, Helvetica, Arial]Sunday 18 and Monday 19 November: Events organised as part of the Monegasque National Holiday.

Have a look at previous National Day Threads:

[/FONT]
2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

National Day 2006 - Monaco

and at the retrospective thread:

A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco

And please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
Happy Posting!

11/19 is right around the corner - I wonder if Andrea, Char, and Pierre will attend this year. Maybe they'll have a special tribute to Pss Grace (to follow events in NYC). Either way, I look forward to pictures and hearing about events.

I predict that we will see......... Prince Albert, Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie, the Casiraghi trio (they didn't let us down since 2005), and I am sure Elisabeth Ann de Massy and her children will be there, and Princess Antoinette, and maybe Keith Sebastian Knecht, and maybe Chris Le Vine.

I will be surprised to see Charlene there. So far we have seen Charlene with Albert at sports events and galas. But National Day is different. It's always been just family. No friends, not even girlfriends. Just husbands, wives, and children.

I hope to see ........... it would be nice if at least the eldest, or better, all of Stephanie's children make a debut. Louis must be 15 or 16 now. I think he is old enough to handle a little balcony waving..... what do you think? :D

Does Chris Le Vine live in Monaco now? Who is Keith Knecht?

I hope to see ........... it would be nice if at least the eldest, or better, all of Stephanie's children make a debut. Louis must be 15 or 16 now. I think he is old enough to handle a little balcony waving..... what do you think? :D

i don't know...i always read about steph that she didn't want her children to do such "public demonstrations"...she wanted to protect them....but in 2004 or 2005 i can't remember sorry, she let pauline appear in a french tv show ( in fact it was reality tv), it was called "la ferme celibrité" to visit her father daniel.....it's a bit paradoxical...:rolleyes:

since nothing....so....:ermm:

anyway, it would be great to see them take part in the national day's celebrations...for once..

I think her kids are old enough now to be on the Balcony they are in the Palace anyway we just don't see them

2007 Monegasque National Holiday Programme

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16TH

10 .30 a.m. MONEGASQUE RED CROSS
Boxes of confectionery presented by H.S.H. Prince Albert II.

11 .00 a.m. MINISTRY OF STATE
Medals of Honour (Vermeil – Silver) presented by H.E. the Minister of State and the Government Counsellor for the Interior and Members of the Government.

3.30 p.m. MINISTRY OF STATE
Medals of Honour (bronze) presented by H.E. the Minister of State, the Government Counsellor for the Interior and Members of the Government.

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 17TH

11.00 a.m. PLACE DU CAMPANIN
Medals of Honour presented by H.E. the Minister of State and the Government Counsellor for the Interior to members of the Force and Public Safety Department.

3.00 p.m. MINISTRY OF STATE
Medals for Physical Education, Youth and Sports presented by H.S.H. Prince Albert II.

5.15 p.m. PRINCE’S PALACE
Award ceremony for the Decoration of the Orders of Saint Charles and Grimaldi presented by H.S.H. Prince Albert II.

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 18TH

9.45 a.m. PRINCE’S PALACE
National Blood Donor Medals of Merit presented by H.S.H. Prince Albert II.

10.30 a.m. PRINCE’S PALACE
Monegasque Red Cross Medals of Recognition presented by H.S.H. Prince Albert II.

11.30 a.m. PRINCE’S PALACE
Decoration of Cultural Merit presented by H.R.H. the Princess of Hanover.

2.30 p.m. FOYER RAINIER III
Gift parcels presented by H.S.H. Princess Stéphanie to Monegasque OAPs.

8.00 p.m. PORT WATERFRONT
Musical Firework Display on Avenue de la Porte Neuve and the Ramparts, by courtesy of Flash Art Monaco Entertainment.

9.00 p.m. SALLE DU CANTON –ESPACE POLYVALENT
“Grand Cabaret” Gala Evening hosted by the Mairie of Monaco (on invitation only, children aged 10 and above). On the programme: "Humour - Magic – Ventriloquist - etc.…"

(free bus service following the show)

MONDAY NOVEMBER 19TH

10.00 a.m. CATHEDRAL
Thanksgiving Mass (on invitation). Presided over by His Excellency Monsignor Bernard Barsi, Archbishop of Monaco and co-celebrated by the Priests of the Diocese.

Musical programme :

· During the arrival of the Prince’s Family: “Grand Dialogue in C” (Louis Marchand)
· Kyrie – Gloria – Sanctus – Benedictus – Agnus Dei : Mass “Notre Dame du Vieux Cours” for solo soprano, choir, string orchestra and organ. Soloist: Benoît Bergougne (Philippe Maze)
· Psalm chorus: " Terre entière, acclame Dieu, Alleluia !" (Henri Carol)
· Hallelujah in D Major (Henri Carol)
· Universal prayer: “Seigneur entends la prière qui monte de nos cœurs »
· Offertory: “Offertory in the 5th key”(André Raison)
· Anamnesis: "Il est grand le mystère de la Foi"
· During communion : 2 verses on the choral “Was Gott Tut, das is wohlgetan” (Johann-Gottfried Walter) Choral “Was Gott Tut, dat ist wohlgetan” (Max Reger)
· After communion: “Was Gott Tut, dat ist wohlgetan”. Final choral of the cantata BWV 75 (Johann-Sebastien Bach)
· Prayer for His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince
· "Te Deum" in D Major, MH. 829 (extracts) for choir and orchestra (Michael Haydn). Commission in 1803 from the Empress Maria Theresa of Austria for her husband the Emperor Franz II (First performance of the work during the Monegasque National Holiday)
· Solemn Pontifical Blessing
· "Ite Missa est" from the "de Angelis" Mass VIII As the Prince’s Family leave « Moderato » (Niels Gade)

The Monte Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra
Monaco Cathedral Choir
The Little Singers of Monaco
Conductor: Pierre Debat, Cantor of the Cathedral
Great Organ: Olivier Vernet, Titular
Choir organ: Jean-Cyrille Gandillet, Titular.

11.15 a.m. PRINCE'S PALACE
Insignia of rank and medals awarded to Employees of the Force, the Public Safety Department and the Prince’s Palace, by H.S.H. Prince Albert II.

11.30 a.m. PLACE DU PALAIS
Militiary Parade. Musical interlude by the Carabiniers Fanfare and the Fanfare of the 27th Batallion of Mountain InfantryMotorised and non-motorised parade.

8.00 p.m SALLE GARNIER
Evening Gala (on invitation). DIE FLEDERMAUS by Johann Strauss II

An Operatta in three acts:

Libretto by Carl Haffner and Richard Genée
based on Le Réveillon by Henri Meilhac and Ludovic Halévy
French version by Paul Ferrier (1904)
First production: Theater an der Wien, Vienna, 5th April 1874
Music director: Jacques Lacombe
Director: Jean-Louis Grinda
Set: Rudy Sabounghi
Costumes: Danièle Barraud
Lighting: Laurent Castaingt
Choreography: Laura Scozzi
Chorus master Marie-Claude Papion
Assistant director Marguerite Borie
Assistant set designer Bruno de Lavenère
Assistant choreographer Karine Girard

THE MONTE CARLO OPERA CHOIR
Choirmaster Stefano Viscont
The Monte Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra
LAURA SCOZZI COMPANY

9.00 p.m. SALLE DU CANTON – ESPACE POLYVALENT
Grand Cabaret Gala Evening hosted by the Mairie (on invitation, children aged 10 and above). Same programme as 18th November.

http://www.gouv.mc/304/wwwnew.nsf/1909$/035F6B6B872116EEC1257393002B8D0FGB?OpenDocument&2GB

Princess Stephanie of Monaco is pictured with Prince Albert of Monaco as They delivers parcels to Monegasques at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco, 16 November 2007. Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie will attend several events before the Monaco National Day next 19 November in Monaco. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

Also it look like they gave out books with Princess Grace on the cover.

Last edited:
Thanks Iceflower for the pics!:flowers:
Both Albert and Stephanie look great!
Albert looks like he has lost weight, Stephanie looks beautiful and serene.
I am glad to see her more and more involved in public events.
I think this is very good for her.

Last edited:
Princess Stephanie of Monaco is pictured with Prince Albert of Monaco as They delivers parcels to Monegasques at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco, 16 November 2007. Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie will attend several events before the Monaco National Day next 19 November in Monaco. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

I can not get used on how detroyed is Stephanie's face. She looks 55

Thanks a lot for the nice pics, Radker, me too I like the fact
that books about Grace were given as a present, that's a
wonderful gesture and a great act to remember the Princess
who has also done so much for the people..
Here are two other pics from polfoto:

Pic 1
Pic 2

Thanks for the pics tbhrc! great job as usual.
Glad to see the family together in the
Award ceremony for the Decoration of the Orders of Saint Charles and Grimaldi. Stephanie looks stunning. All of them do actually.
Princess Grace´s book is such a nice idea as a present:flowers:. And sadly i must agree on the effects of suntan in Steph´s skin which a pity regarding to the dangers of sun exposition and that it makes her look older than she is.
Hope to see the whole family in the balcony:)

Thanks for the pics. Is it possible to see Caroline´s dress more closely?

I can not get used on how detroyed is Stephanie's face. She looks 55

True.... No one can argue this. But on a positive note, she does look happy, doesn't she? I guess her skin is like this because of too much sun. I can't think of another logical reason. Besides that, she does look good. I like her with black hair, longish, tied back. She looks thin. But just too much sun.... maybe she's dozing off at the beach too much. :cool:

Well, Albert certainly seems thinner in the pictures.

As for Keith Knecht, if I remember, he's the son of Christine Alix (?) de Massy, so a grandson of Princess Antoinette. you should find him in the A to Z thread.

Princess Stephanie of Monaco is pictured with Prince Albert of Monaco as They delivers parcels to Monegasques at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco, 16 November 2007. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

ALBERTO DE MÓNACO RINDE UN HOMENAJE A SU PADRE CON UNA CENA DE GALA
Prince Albert attended a gala at the Sporting Club after the giving of books (certainly about Grace) at the Red Cross headquarters. The gala paid homage to Prince Rainier.
Guests/presenters at the gala included: Eva Green, Helena Christensen, Christopher Lee, Celia von Bismarck, Anna Igartiburu

Last edited by a moderator:
16-11-07 JOURNEE INTERNATIONAL DES DROITS DE L'ENFANT A MONACO.
S.A.R La Princesse Caroline de Hanovre:
Deadline

I'm delighted to see the family together for these events. <removed off topic part - tbhrc>

Stephanie also smokes I believe and so the combination of sun and cigarettes is very damaging to the skin. But with all the new technology, she could have taken better care of it. She needs to worry about skin cancer from here on in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the great pics and links!

Here are some more pics of Steph today:
Princess Stephanie of Monaco distributes parcels to old Monegasque
citizens as part of the National Day celebrations, at the Rainier III f
oyer on November 18, 2007 in Monte Carlo, Monaco

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

Thanks Iceflower and Michelle Steph looks great cant wait till tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom