National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every year the same, always an abundance of black and dark colours, I can never understand why. It's supposed to be a happy event not but you'd think it was a funeral the way some people are dressed, including Caroline.

Subdued colours are traditionally de rigueur for attending Mass.

And as a princely family they probably adhere to this tradition ?

Last edited:
Subdued colours are traditionally de rigueur for attending Mass.

And as a princely family they probably adhere to this tradition ?

Subdued dosn't have to mean black. Grace wore dark greens, berry shades, blue and various beige outfits and they were always appropriate. The constant black year on year is unnecessary and depressing looking.

I saw ladies in blue, burgundy, gold, grey. It was not really a funeral affair regarding the outfits, to be fair.

What a lovely message from Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella :flowers:

thanks for posting the Gallery of pictures,
good to see the family helping out with the Twins and being supportive to Prince Albert, lovely message from the Twins to there mom too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Caroline’s grandsons all look so alike it is hard to tell who is who! I recognise Sacha and Rafael but the rest could be muddled quite easily!

I saw ladies in blue, burgundy, gold, grey. It was not really a funeral affair regarding the outfits, to be fair.

It wasn't everyone but an awful lot of attendees wear black, or predominantly black, every year and I don't know why as it's rather gloomy looking.

I adore Gabriella's outfit.?

Beatrice is...as usual...too chic for words. And her children look like Botticelli angels.?

India seems to have inherited her mother's permanent rather dour resting face expression.:lol:

Raphael Elmaleh is gorgeous, what a handsome child!?

Charlotte looks great, but it is really disappointing to see her on her own again at National Day while her siblings have their entire families around them.:ermm:

Where the heck is her husband?? I don't feel nearly as charmed by Dimitri Rassam now as I did at the start of his relationship with Charlotte.:sad:

Last edited:
I’m guessing that Dimitri prefers to be out of the media eye and wants the same for his son as Balthazar doesn’t appear to be there either.

Subdued dosn't have to mean black. Grace wore dark greens, berry shades, blue and various beige outfits and they were always appropriate. The constant black year on year is unnecessary and depressing looking.

Possibly the pandemic and the situation around the Princess have an effect on the mood ?

Today I saw that princess Charlene was absent. Why? And Dimitri Rassan (Charlotte's husband) was not there, too. Too pity!

Today I saw that princess Charlene was absent. Why? And Dimitri Rassan (Charlotte's husband) was not there, too. Too pity!

You might want to check this thread: that will answer your question about the absence of princess Charlene.

I’m guessing that Dimitri prefers to be out of the media eye and wants the same for his son as Balthazar doesn’t appear to be there either.
He posted in his Instagram stories yesterday that he was camping. I don't know if he is set - I think he has a film in production at the moment. He has also made it quite clear he finds all the Monaco "hoopla" quite annoying.

He posted in his Instagram stories yesterday that he was camping. I don't know if he is set - I think he has a film in production at the moment. He has also made it quite clear he finds all the Monaco "hoopla" quite annoying.

Interesting. He doesn't seem to find the hoopla surrounding his annual summer cruises aboard Princess Caroline's yacht annoying enough to pass up.:whistling:

Let's hope Charlotte doesn't ever begin to find accompanying him to Cannes and supporting him at his film premieres amid all the hoopla annoying.:cool:

And Balthazar is too young for National Day, but he is a Monagasque and a member of the extended Princely family. I hope when he is older Charlotte will bring him to National Day.

Last edited:
As sad as the news of Princess Charlene definitely hovering a cloud over everything, this was one of the best showings for National Day that Monaco has had in a few years! We even got Charlotte to join!

National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2021

I just realized P Caroline has only one granddaughter amongst all the boys…
Nice to see the whole family there today.

There wasn’t one man or boy, with the notable exception of Andrea youngest son in knee socks, who didn’t have his pants way too long and not properly tailored. Beatrices sons were shocking in their too long pants while she is tailored to the tenth degree.
The evening looks of Caroline and Charlotte were appalling

There wasn’t one man or boy, with the notable exception of Andrea youngest son in knee socks, who didn’t have his pants way too long and not properly tailored. Beatrices sons were shocking in their too long pants while she is tailored to the tenth degree.
The evening looks of Caroline and Charlotte were appalling
Well I'm guessing that if all of them wear them.like that they think that's the right way to wear them - or they all share the same tailor! :)

Interesting. He doesn't seem to find the hoopla surrounding his annual summer cruises aboard Princess Caroline's yacht annoying enough to pass up.:whistling:

Let's hope Charlotte doesn't ever begin to find accompanying him to Cannes and supporting him at his film premieres amid all the hoopla annoying.:cool:

And Balthazar is too young for National Day, but he is a Monagasque and a member of the extended Princely family. I hope when he is older Charlotte will bring him to National Day.

To be fair their annual summer cruises on Pacha are not very long - since they married they seem to prefer Carole Bouquet's property as it's much more private.

I just remember some video a few years ago where he was really annoyed at being followed by photographers especially as his daughter and Raphaël were with them. He told them off because of the children being there.

I don‘t think he‘s too young in general, Pierre and Andrea brought their children as babies and toddlers to the celebration, see 2018 or 2019 for example, it’s simply a decision Charlotte has made.

In this video at around 13:50 there’s a report about the dinner for the diplomatic corps as part of the National Day Celebrations. Prince Albert and Princess Caroline attended together with the twins:

I just noticed that Gareth and Sean Wittstock and their families were present too at the celebrations.

Surely this is a sign that all is well between the Prince and Princess. It would be difficult for them to attend if their sister’s marriage was under pressure.

I don’t know who the boy on the right is.
Caroline is holding Max and Beatrice is holding Stefano.
In the front row from left to right it’s
Raphaël, Sasha, India and Francesco.

Andrea’s children all have the same faces allthough I can’t say they look either like Andrea or Tatiana.

In the evening there was a drone light show.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWbokdrM0Jw/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWe31UqKtsM/?utm_medium=copy_link
Some images of the diplomatic reception.

National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2021

I could be wrong but I believe the boy on the far right is Melchior, the grandson of the late Elizabeth-Ann de Massy.

I believe this is the same boy attending the funeral of his grandmother last year:

Last edited:
:previous:

I also think it is Melchior, he also attended the annual Picnic a couple of times, here in 2019.

The Palace has also shared a gallery of yesterday including two shots inside the Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

Back
Top Bottom