National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is lovely in white, really beautiful.
I have the impression that she lost weight, no need IMO.

Hello,
can anyone tell me if it is possible to watch live the national Day in Monaco?

Today's programme:
10:00: Mass/Te Deum in Cathédrale de Monaco
11:20: Parade in the 'Cour d'Honneur' and the presentation of medals
11:40: Military Parade in front of the Prince's Palace,
13:00: Official lunch in the Throne Room,
18:30: Reception at the Gala for National Day, Grimaldi Forum,
20:00: Gala Evening and performance of Wagner's Rheingold, Grimaldi Forum

The whole Princely Family is at the Mass present: PAlbert, PssCharlene, PssCaroline, PssStephanie, Pierre, Tatiana, Andrea and Alexandra. No Charlotte. I also spotted some of the de Massy relatives.

Also, Stephanie and Caroline didn't take communion. Was that always so?

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole Princely Family is at the Mass present: PAlbert, PssCharlene, PssCaroline, PssStephanie, Pierre, Tatiana, Andrea and Alexandra. No Charlotte. I also spotted some of the de Massy relatives.

Also, Stephanie and Caroline didn't take communion. Was that always so?

I have my doubt's about the marriage of Charlene & Albert, they don't look happy. She left the palace via a different door to go to the church and immediately left the car and entered via the same door on their return, hardly a word spoken throughout the whole Mass.

I wonder if its chilly in Monaco given the heavy coats on the Princesses,loving Princess Caroline over all look at the Mass.

Am I the only one who notice something wrong with albert and charlene?

Watching live feed from the presentations at the Palais - Charlene appears to be listening very intently to Albert speaking - I wonder how much she is able to understand.

So... No Charlotte ( wich was expected considering she's in the end of her pregnacy and the ceremonies could be somewhat tiring ), no Andrea-Tatiana couple and no Sacha ( I wonder if we will ever get to see that child... )... I'm a bit disappointed...:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

:previous:
berry, I'm well aware of that fact but Pss Caroline isn't divorced. She still very much married to Ernst.

Shame on Princess Charlène , Greeting no-body , looking her Shoes most of the time, passing before the Minister d' Etat without seeing him, keeping her gloves even for receiving the Communion.
Absolutely not a Princesse Souveraine.

On the balcony, She was hidden behind Prince Albert.

This is all benefit for Princess Caroline who was to day the first lady of Monaco.
I noticed that Princess Alexandra was so happy to be there.
Andréa and Tatiana also, but the best was Pierre C.

Last edited:
if you are divorced you are not allowed to take communion.

I think someone said they received it last year but I'm not sure.

Divorced people can receive communion as long as they are not remarried. Caroline received an annulment of her first marriage and her second husband died so she can receive communion. I know that Stephanie has been divorced twice but if neither of those marriages were religious ceremonies then she can still take communion(similarly the princess of the Asturias was able to remarry in the church despite her divorce because her first marriage was civil only and did not require a church annulment).

:previous:
berry, I'm well aware of that fact but Pss Caroline isn't divorced. She still very much married to Ernst.

But she is divorced from her first husband. The marriage has been annulled by the church so it would not be the reason she didn't take communion.

Last edited:
So... no Andrea-Tatiana couple and no Sacha ( I wonder if we will ever get to see that child... )... I'm a bit disappointed...:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:
Andrea & Tatiana attended the Mass ( shown on live feed sat with other members of the family opposite Albert/Charlene/Caroline & Stephanie), but I haven't seen any pics of them on the balcony - perhaps they had to get back to baby:)

Shame on Princess Charlène , Greeting no-body , looking her Shoes most of the time, passing before the Minister d' Etat without seeing him, keeping her gloves even for receiving the Communion.
Absolutely not a Princesse Souveraine.

On the balcony, She was hidden behind Prince Albert.

This is all benefit for Princess Caroline who was to day the first lady of Monaco.
I noticed that Princess Alexandra was so happy to be there.
Andréa and Tatiana also, but the best was Pierre C.

I fail to see Andrea and Tatiana... Were they really there?!? Where?... :ermm:

:lol: Definitely not true. Divorced persons are welcome to take communion in the Catholic Church.

Both Caroline and Stephanie have not taken communion in different periods over the years. Stephanie while she was married to her last husband, for example.

The choice to receive communion or not is very personal. Catholics must still fast one hour before communion. Maybe they both had a late breakfast! Perhaps also neither had been to confession recently and felt the need to do so before. Maybe they felt ill. It is simply a very personal choice. Their reasons are their own. No scandal or weirdness necessary. It is not required for anyone to do so. Attending the mass is enough. Like most Catholics I have also made that decision occasionally and it is common to see persons sitting out during that time.

We do know one thing for certain. They were not prevented from talking communion by the church, the Pope or the priest. Neither has been excommunicated. Neither has been told not to receive the sacrament.

Pcs Caroline is NOT divorced. Her first marriage has been annuled by Vatican, she was widowed of Stefano, and she is still married to Prince EA, but since she wed him only by civil wedding, this marriage does not exists towards the Catholic Church.
Pcs Caroline is still Stefano's widow.

Am I the only one who notice something wrong with albert and charlene?

Charlene did look a bit somber in the mass but she still does not understand or speak the language, as evidenced by recent videos where she greets everyone at official events in English and still has a translator. Given that everything would be in French she might be a tad uncomfortable.

I saw some footage of the presentation of orders within the Palais, but I haven't seen any photos from this part of the celebrations - did this take place today or yesterday? The three Princesses were wearing different outfits to those worn for the Mass - Charlene in grey if I remember rightly, and Caroline looking particularly good. Are there any photos?

From Paris Match

Royal Blog - Monaco. Sourires et sobriété pour la fête nationale - Paris Match
(Smiles and sobriety at the fête nationale )

From Hola
La ausencia de Carlota y el debut de Tatiana marcan la Fiesta Nacional de Mónaco
(Charlotte's absence and Tatiana´s debut mark the fête nationale of Monaco )

From Semana
http://Carlota Casiraghi, la gran ausente en la Fiesta Nacional de Mónaco
(Charlotte, the great absent on the fete national of Monaco )

(...)

http://La mujer de Andrea Casiraghi...vez a la familia Grimaldi en esta celebración

I saw some footage of the presentation of orders within the Palais, but I haven't seen any photos from this part of the celebrations - did this take place today or yesterday? The three Princesses were wearing different outfits to those worn for the Mass - Charlene in grey if I remember rightly, and Caroline looking particularly good. Are there any photos?

There usually are several medal ceremonies on several days prior to November 19. We may be lucky and get a few pics later on :flowers:

** ppe gallery - National Day **

** gala.fr gallery: Fête nationale à Monaco **

** pp gallery: Fête nationale de Monaco : Charlene élégante et discrète, un hommage en famille **

** hellomagazine article and gallery: Heavily pregnant Charlotte Casiraghi absent from Monaco Day festivities **

Last edited:
So... No Charlotte ( wich was expected considering she's in the end of her pregnacy and the ceremonies could be somewhat tiring ), no Andrea-Tatiana couple and no Sacha ( I wonder if we will ever get to see that child... )... I'm a bit disappointed...:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

Tatiana and Andrea did attended the mass.

But Caroline and Stephanie were both married in civil ceremony and the caro's first religious marirage has been annulled

So glad Tatiana was there :w00t: a pity she and Andrea didn´t appeared on the balcony though.

Back
Top Bottom