National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice photos Iceflower ! Thank you:flowers:

On the occasion of the National Day the first medals of honor
were handed out at the Princely Palace yesterday, November
16, 2009. Here's a pic of Prince Albert with the honorees and
a list of the names and the organisations the winners are
working for:

** Pic ** Link **

As part of the National Day Celebrations, Princess Caroline of
Hanover visits the nursery school for its 80th anniversary,
Monaco, November 17, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

P. Caroline seems to have regained her role as Fisrt Lady in the full. :crown2: I can't help wondering if P. Ernst will participate in the ceremonies of the National Day...
icon5.gif
I can hardly wait to see... :monacoflag:

I can hardly wait to see either! Caroline looks so regal in these pics. A real princess.

Prince Albert II (C) and Princess Stephanie of Monaco (R) deliver a parcel to a Monaco's resident during an annual charity ceremony on November 17, 2009 at the Red Cross headquarters in the principalty of Monaco. Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie will attend several events before the Monaco National Day 19 November in Monaco.

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9* *10* *11* *12* *13* *14*

Belga Picture Gallery

Another Belga gallery

I like how Stephanie looks there. Smiling and happy.

^ Its called life she lived it the way she wanted to and Beauty is different in everyone's eyes.

:previous: Did I write that she is ugly to me?

:previous:Did I write that she is ugly to me?
No , Just saying it early because their will be some who will bring it up at some point . Sorry about that , I seen you post a lot about Stephanie never bad .

Prince Albert II (C) and Princess Stephanie of Monaco (R) deliver a parcel to a Monaco's resident during an annual charity ceremony on November 17, 2009 at the Red Cross headquarters in the principalty of Monaco. Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie will attend several events before the Monaco National Day 19 November in Monaco.

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9* *10* *11* *12* *13* *14*

Belga Picture Gallery
Radker18
Great work..thanks for the pics. Pa and Princess Steph sure do have solidarity.

No , Just saying it early because their will be some who will bring it up at some point . Sorry about that , I seen you post a lot about Stephanie never bad .

Both Princesses are beautiful and both is obvious that they are doing nothing against ageing, it is their choice and is absolutely respectable.

Nevertheless, being both in the same lever of "lack" of any surgery and other artifices, Stephanie looks much older that Caroline, despite that she is 8 years younger.
And please don't start reacting, this is not devaluating Stephanie at all, she is a wonderful person, full of quality and beauty. For me is just a pitty that life has marked her so much! Appearing exactly her age, and not so older, that she looks now would not cancel all her other qualities.

I can't understand the fuss about women ageing. No one seems to worry about men ageing.

Stephanie has a "lived-in face" - she has had a very varied, exciting and sometimes painful life, and it seems to me that she does not have many regrets - rather like the singer Edith Piaf ("Je ne regrette RIEN" - I regret nothing).

I can't understand the fuss about women ageing. No one seems to worry about men ageing.

Stephanie has a "lived-in face" - she has had a very varied, exciting and sometimes painful life, and it seems to me that she does not have many regrets - rather like the singer Edith Piaf ("Je ne regrette RIEN" - I regret nothing).

I wish you were right, maybe you are. Stéphanie is a very tender person, wonderful mother, life has not always been tender with her, and this is shown to her face. Neither for Caroline, but Caroline seems to be stronger.

In any case, both are wonderful.

Wednesday 18th - Fireworks at 9pm at Port Hercule.

There is a webcam of the harbour - it's on the Rock.
Monaco Webcam

Fireworks must be a really awesome show at night. But it's a nice picture this one. :flowers:

Thanks alot for the first wonderful pics of the Red Cross
event today, Radker18 and giov! Seems to have been
a relaxed event with lots of fun as well, that is very nice
to see and once more great for the elderly people!

Please let us not discuss any age topics again, that's the
way life goes and we should concentrate on the great
events themselves!

Albert, Caroline and Stephanie attend medal ceremony:

MONACO - FETE NATIONALE 2009 / DANS LA SALLE DU TRONE REMISE DES INSIGNES DE ST CHARLES ET GRIMALDI LES DEUX PLUS HAUTES DISCINCTIONS DE L'ETAT MONEGASQUE REMISES PAR SAS ALBERT 2 EN PRESENCE DES PRINCESSES STEPHANIE ET CAROLINE

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

Albert, Caroline and Stephanie attend medal ceremony:

MONACO - FETE NATIONALE 2009 / DANS LA SALLE DU TRONE REMISE DES INSIGNES DE ST CHARLES ET GRIMALDI LES DEUX PLUS HAUTES DISCINCTIONS DE L'ETAT MONEGASQUE REMISES PAR SAS ALBERT 2 EN PRESENCE DES PRINCESSES STEPHANIE ET CAROLINE

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

The women look amazing, Stephanie does look quite a bit older.
Albert looks quite wary of the fact he is surrounded by 2 powerful and strong women. :flowers:

I think all this talk about aging is a matter of perspective. Yes, Steph has a lot of wrinkles for her age, but when I look at her, especially when she smiles, I see a very youthful person!

Caroline and Stephanie have a young spirit in spite of their wrinkles.

During today's medal ceremony, Sebastian already posted 3 pics
of, the sibblings' cousin Elisabeth Anne de Massy was honored
with a medal as well. That's really great to see in my eyes as
she supports the family's work that much!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Stephanie is young. However She looks older. Becuase, She has many wrinkles.

Oh yes, Iceflower, I am also of you opinion; this is a gentle gesture of Price Albert, and Elisabeth Anne de Massy deserves this honour.

I'm glad that Elizabeth Ann was honored with a medal, she deserves it due to her contributions and support to several events and foundations in Monaco, specially the Animal Society which her mother has supported all these years.

It's great to see the 3 Grimaldi siblings together on this ocassion, they all are doing a great job like always.

Happy National Day Monaco!!! (it is where I'm at)
:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:
:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :monacoflag: :monacoflag: :monacoflag:

Pics 18.11.2009

Looking at your time zone I think you still are a bit too early, Bones.

The National Day (Fête du Prince) itself is on November 19, Prince
Rainier's name day. All the other events are arranged around that day :flowers:

First wonderful pics from today:

Princess Stephanie of Monaco at the Foyer of Rainier III to distribute
presents to Monaco citizens on November 18, 2009 in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

Last edited:
I'm sure they'll be. Tomorrow.
Now The Grimaldi siblings are doing the traditional: giving presents, medals...
but I'm sure the Casiraghis will appear tomorrow.

There are two main Orders - the Order of Saint Charles, and the Grimaldi Order. with three grades in each - Commander, Officer and Knight.

Elisabeth-Ann de Massy is now Commander of the Grimaldi Order because of her services to tennis.

Other Commanders: the President of Monaco Football Club, the President of the Supreme Tribunal, the General Director of UNESCO and the Monaco Consul in Geneva.

Officers and Knights:

Michael Smurfit (who is trying to get PA to Ireland); PA's own lawyer Thierry Lacoste; the Monaco Consuls at Duesseldorf, Antwerp, Istanbul, Rotterdam, the Czech Republic, Brussels, Quito and the Bahamas.
The Executive Director of UN AIDS; The director of the Princess Grace Theatre; a director of the Grimaldi Forum.

A nice touch was to give a medal to the Mayor of Ventimiglia (Vintimille) next door, right on the Italian border. It's where many Monegasques and French do their shopping!

The list is not complete and contains many government officials, bankers etc. and a sprinkling of those working in environmental organisations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom