The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-15-2019, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

After all the pain caused before her wedding I don't find it at all surprising that she comes across as tense and reserved.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I thought Charlene looked distant and rather gloomy in the photos from today. She tried to crack a smile in some photos - which indicates she wants to be seen as happy at the event, but she seems to be struggling. I agree that she looked as if she'd rather be elsewhere.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-15-2019, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
After all the pain caused before her wedding I don't find it at all surprising that she comes across as tense and reserved.
She was fine for several years after all the stories before her wedding. It's much more recent - the last 3 - 4 years, since she has been more introvert and more serious in her demeanour.

She's definitely an enigma.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:47 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe she is worried about something or somebody, it can be so not easy to show happiness. It can be hard, you must do your job, but your thought are elsewhere. What do we know about her parents, family, friends...? Not much...
Old 11-16-2019, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I Wonder how she hasn't managed to smile a bit ! (..)
Old 11-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought the Order of St. Charles honours ceremony would have been today. Perhaps it's tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I thought the Order of St. Charles honours ceremony would have been today. Perhaps it's tomorrow.
Usually that is done at the cour d'honneur of palais before the family heads to the cathedral.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Usually that is done at the cour d'honneur of palais before the family heads to the cathedral.
No I'm talking about the ceremony that takes place in the Throne Room in the days leading up to the 19th.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Speculative posts and comments have been removed. Thank you for your understanding.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think you're talking about two different events.

there's St Charles which happens in the throne room a few days before National Day.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

I thought this a thread is about the Fête Nationale. On this day, before heading to the cathedral for the traditional Te Deum, there is always a ceremony on the cour d'honneur where civilians and military are decorated by the Prince.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I thought this a thread is about the Fête Nationale. On this day, before heading to the cathedral for the traditional Te Deum, there is always a ceremony on the cour d'honneur where civilians and military are decorated by the Prince.
You are not mistaken- this is a thread about the Fête Nationale and as such any events associated with it. So questions and comments about the events in preceding days go here - like the honours given inside the Palace.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:35 AM
Administrator

On November 15 Prince Albert presented the Medals of Honour to Volunteers:

Old 11-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

On 17 November on the occasion of the National Day of Monaco, Prince Albert with Princess Charlene awarded the Medals of Physical Education and Sports to the Ministry of State.

As part of the events related to the Monaco National Day, Princess Stephanie and her daughter Camille distributed to the Monegasque elders the traditional parcels this Monday, November 18 afternoon at Foyer Rainier III.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...de&__tn__=HH-R
Old 11-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

https://www.monacochannel.mc/Chaines...A.S.-le-Prince
Presentation of the decorations in the orders of Saint-Charles and Grimaldi by SAS the Prince
Old 11-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka View Post
https://www.monacochannel.mc/Chaines...A.S.-le-Prince
Presentation of the decorations in the orders of Saint-Charles and Grimaldi by SAS the Prince
Phew, that was a long standing for all. Maybe it was more comfortable for all with seats in the throne room. Nice event. Congratulations to all the meritorious residents.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Is it draughty in the Palace or cold in Monaco as the Princess is wearing her coat inside on both occasions.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't love coats worn as capes - Maxima does it as well. Just wear the coat! I must say the coat Charlene is wearing is beautiful - she always looks good in pure white.

Some things I noticed - she really didn't smile during the sports awards but she seemed less "vacant" than on her previous two appearances. At today's honours ceremonies she seemed more relaxed and did actually smile on occasion. I do think, however difficult she finds the language, that she might actually make an effort to say "congratulations" in French - it's only one word.

Nice to see Camille's father being honoured and to see Camille and Louis at the ceremony as well as Andrea.

Looking forward to tomorrow - I think it's my favourite Monaco event. Interested to see what Charlene will wear - want to see if she can beat 2016's outfit which I loved with its fabulous fabulous vintage vibe. Also curious to see how they integrate honouring Princess Grace's 90th into the ceremonies.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

LIVE

Gallery

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...this_event_adp

The Palace share pictures from today

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...id&__tn__=HH-R