The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1621  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: roma, Italy
Posts: 1,032
Résumé de la Fête nationale / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaines vidéos de Monaco

Summary of National Day. Video
Reply With Quote
  #1622  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:44 PM
izabela84's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nowy Tomysl, Poland
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianacressida View Post
I wondered if the blonde girl is one of the younger of the four daughters of Sebastian Knecht de Massy. And there was a blondish boy with Jean-Leonard, his son named Melchior.
Sasha with cousins | Human Drama
That's right. It is son of Jean-Leonard - Melchior. The other children are Rose and Sylvestre de Brouver - daughter and son of Laetitia de Massy
Reply With Quote
  #1623  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:45 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,895
Great photos. Wonderful to see so much of the family together

I am starting to think likely is the civil wedding for Alexandra's brother. If she was simply away at school, I'd think she would likely be home for weekend. I could be wrong.

We will likely see Stefano next year. He is only just about 9 months old. Not all babies react well to the public attention. Unlike say the twins, there is no rush for Stefano to be on the balcony if he isn't ready for all that. Great to see all of the other little kids. They are so adorable.

Had to smile at Raphael and the firetruck. And to the writer of the blog post with the photos, not just in Monaco is a firetruck so popular. I always smile at how much little kids, many girls too, are fascinated by fire trucks and police cars at that age. He really was enjoying it.
Reply With Quote
  #1624  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:48 PM
C4A's Avatar
C4A C4A is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 1,178
I loved watching the broadcast of the National Fest. P Charlene looked so beautiful and it was nice to see her smile so much. The twins were very busy and it seemed, judging by P Albert's gestures to the crowd, too tired to appear again with their parents in the end. Maybe they had too much fun with all the cousins there...

Yes, melina p, it is a lovely pic of P Albert kissing his little angel so tenderly!
Reply With Quote
  #1625  
Old 11-19-2017, 04:23 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,871
Thank you to all those who shared the links to the National Day today.
It was great to see the family celebrating together. Our little cherubs Jacques and Gabriella are adorable to watch as ever, and it's nice to see the other children too. Seems that India is a bit shy of the crowds as she was hiding for most of the time! I don't blame her though, she's two and even I would find such crowds daunting. (I bet some royals who were born into the family are still daunted by crowds as adults.) The photos of Raphael looking at the fire engine are adorable.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #1626  
Old 11-19-2017, 05:46 PM
C4A's Avatar
C4A C4A is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 1,178
National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2017

At first glance I thought they were old pictures of last year: white dress and white coat!



http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...5674?s=594x594

But of course, it's a new outfit, although it looks very similar. I suppose white is best to show off the Order properly.
Reply With Quote
  #1627  
Old 11-19-2017, 05:51 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 37,000
Here's a video from the National Day Mass at Monaco Cathedral earlier this morning.

Reply With Quote
  #1628  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
At first glance I thought they were old pictures of last year: white dress and white coat!



http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...5674?s=594x594

But of course, it's a new outfit, although it looks very similar. I suppose white is best to show off the Order properly.
This actually is a picture from last year, although this year's ensemble is much the same.
Reply With Quote
  #1629  
Old 11-19-2017, 07:40 PM
C4A's Avatar
C4A C4A is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 1,178
Yes, exactly why I posted it, the pic of last year...
Reply With Quote
  #1630  
Old 11-19-2017, 07:48 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,363
New for 2017
Moustaches for Prince Albert , Pierre C. and Louis D
Reply With Quote
  #1631  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 37
http://www.gettyimages.com.au/event/...2017-775075117
Very similiar outfit to 2016
Reply With Quote
  #1632  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 251
Today (and I watched the live feed) I felt like the whole family was "somewhere else.' Bodies present, minds elsewhere. There was something hanging over the festivities. Not necessarily bad, but I have no idea what it was, good or bad. It was heavy though. They all seemed to be in another place. The kids were exhausted. You could see they wanted to go to sleep so badly. The adults were just 'away' mentally. Caroline and Stephanie seemed melancholy. Albert seemed a little sad, but mostly just very pensive, like he's thinking over some big things right now. Charlene had a serenity about her, pensive, but calm and at peace too.
Reply With Quote
  #1633  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:05 PM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 3,864
Very nasty comment, I think you don't see the same video of the entire ceremonies, as I, I saw very happt people celebrating the national fest which is also the fest of the Prince,
What relation between children who are tired, do you have children, a child cannot stay without moving, Albert was sad, first new!!! he cannot smile as an idiot and Caroline and Stephanie were well
Reply With Quote
  #1634  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Victoria's Secret's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Very nasty comment, I think you don't see the same video of the entire ceremonies, as I, I saw very happt people celebrating the national fest which is also the fest of the Prince,
What relation between children who are tired, do you have children, a child cannot stay without moving, Albert was sad, first new!!! he cannot smile as an idiot and Caroline and Stephanie were well


You really ought to be more respectful towards other people and their opinions. The poster was merely expressing her personal observations, which I happen to agree with.

Nevertheless, it was lovely to see the whole family together.
Reply With Quote
  #1635  
Old 11-20-2017, 03:13 AM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianacressida View Post
Today (and I watched the live feed) I felt like the whole family was "somewhere else.' Bodies present, minds elsewhere. There was something hanging over the festivities. Not necessarily bad, but I have no idea what it was, good or bad. It was heavy though. They all seemed to be in another place. The kids were exhausted. You could see they wanted to go to sleep so badly. The adults were just 'away' mentally. Caroline and Stephanie seemed melancholy. Albert seemed a little sad, but mostly just very pensive, like he's thinking over some big things right now. Charlene had a serenity about her, pensive, but calm and at peace too.


Yes I got a similar impression about the adults. The family remain a fascinating enigma to me.
Reply With Quote
  #1636  
Old 11-20-2017, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
You really ought to be more respectful towards other people and their opinions. The poster was merely expressing her personal observations, which I happen to agree with.

Nevertheless, it was lovely to see the whole family together.
Agree with you - about everything. There seemed a certain air of melancholy especially at the beginning.
Reply With Quote
  #1637  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:15 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 3,864
You have this feeling because every body has a new place in the courtyear
Yes, times changed, untill now, all the family was behind Albert
Now the palace changed the place of everybody, it comes back to the true protocole
The honor place for the princely couple , the princesses Caroline and Stephanie
daughters of a sovereign prince
The nephews on the balcon no more near the sovereign.
There is a new princely family , Albert Charlene and Jacques and Gabriella
At the times of P Grace and Rainier, there were P Grace, P Rainier and their children, There was never P Antoinette and her children near P Rainier, they were even not invited, after the death of P Grace, Rainier and Antoinette were more closed and Antoinette was near Caroline, Albert and the children. she was a princess of Monaco. but we did not see the children of P Antoinette, we saw again the Cousins De Massy behind Albert after the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Times change, we must adjust as the people of Spain had to adjust when we have the photos of the king, queen and only their infants on the photos during the holidays at Marivant, Elena and her children are no more here.and it will be also like this when the queenof UK will passed, Charles announced already that the family will be more short.
I enjoy to see Jacques Gabriella and their cousins to day and all the ceremonies were beautiful specially the mass.
Reply With Quote
  #1638  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
You have this feeling because every body has a new place in the courtyear
Yes, times changed, untill now, all the family was behind Albert
Now the palace changed the place of everybody, it comes back to the true protocole
The honor place for the princely couple , the princesses Caroline and Stephanie
daughters of a sovereign prince
The nephews on the balcon no more near the sovereign.
There is a new princely family , Albert Charlene and Jacques and Gabriella
At the times of P Grace and Rainier, there were P Grace, P Rainier and their children, There was never P Antoinette and her children near P Rainier, they were even not invited, after the death of P Grace, Rainier and Antoinette were more closed and Antoinette was near Caroline, Albert and the children. she was a princess of Monaco. but we did not see the children of P Antoinette, we saw again the Cousins De Massy behind Albert after the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Times change, we must adjust as the people of Spain had to adjust when we have the photos of the king, queen and only their infants on the photos during the holidays at Marivant, Elena and her children are no more here.and it will be also like this when the queenof UK will passed, Charles announced already that the family will be more short.
I enjoy to see Jacques Gabriella and their cousins to day and all the ceremonies were beautiful specially the mass.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else but that's not why I had that impression.

I have no problem with the new standing places - it makes perfect sense.

I found there was quite a subdued atmosphere at the start - maybe because it was also a farewell to the carabinier colonel? It's the end of an era.

I agree the mass and church service were lovely especially the glorious music and the balcony scenes were heartwarming.

But none of that excuses you accusing a poster of making a nasty comment (which they didn't) when you don't agree with them.
Reply With Quote
  #1639  
Old 11-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianacressida View Post
Today (and I watched the live feed) I felt like the whole family was "somewhere else.' Bodies present, minds elsewhere. There was something hanging over the festivities. Not necessarily bad, but I have no idea what it was, good or bad. It was heavy though. They all seemed to be in another place. The kids were exhausted. You could see they wanted to go to sleep so badly. The adults were just 'away' mentally. Caroline and Stephanie seemed melancholy. Albert seemed a little sad, but mostly just very pensive, like he's thinking over some big things right now. Charlene had a serenity about her, pensive, but calm and at peace too.
Were you watching the Holy Mass in the Cathedral? What you described is "normal". During a Mass people always wander away with their thoughts as the rites are 100% predictable with every other Mass they ever did attend: introduction, word service, echarist rite, communion, closing rite with the usual participation from the congregation (Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Pater Noster, etc.). Apart from that, the Mass is always quite beautifully executed in Monte-Carlo, I must say.

To me it does not look like desinterest. It is just how people are during Mass.
Reply With Quote
  #1640  
Old 11-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: milan, Italy
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
You have this feeling because every body has a new place in the courtyear
Yes, times changed, untill now, all the family was behind Albert
Now the palace changed the place of everybody, it comes back to the true protocole
The honor place for the princely couple , the princesses Caroline and Stephanie
daughters of a sovereign prince
The nephews on the balcon no more near the sovereign.
There is a new princely family , Albert Charlene and Jacques and Gabriella
At the times of P Grace and Rainier, there were P Grace, P Rainier and their children, There was never P Antoinette and her children near P Rainier, they were even not invited, after the death of P Grace, Rainier and Antoinette were more closed and Antoinette was near Caroline, Albert and the children. she was a princess of Monaco. but we did not see the children of P Antoinette, we saw again the Cousins De Massy behind Albert after the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Times change, we must adjust as the people of Spain had to adjust when we have the photos of the king, queen and only their infants on the photos during the holidays at Marivant, Elena and her children are no more here.and it will be also like this when the queenof UK will passed, Charles announced already that the family will be more short.
I enjoy to see Jacques Gabriella and their cousins to day and all the ceremonies were beautiful specially the mass.

As usual you are looking at Charlene only, and finally we saw her smiling a lot! Thanks God. I guess her smiles are the reasons why Albert, Caroline and Stephanie are looking melanchony. You have always the truth in mind, and you are posting nasty replay to people who doesn't think as you think.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Belgian National Day - 21 July, 2009-2022 LadyLeana Royal Family of Belgium 606 07-25-2022 07:04 PM
A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco michelle Princely Family of Monaco 163 11-16-2018 06:22 PM




Popular Tags
abdullah ii america arcadie arcadie claret austria british british royal family caribbean caroline charles iii claret congo current events danish royal family duarte pio duchess of kent edward vii elizabeth ii emperor naruhito espana genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed harry history identifying india introduction jewels jordan royal family king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten matrilineal monaco monarchy mountbatten need help official visit order of precedence portugal prince albert monaco prince christian princess of orange queen queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth queen ena of spain queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima republics restoration silk spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit switzerland tiaras visit william wine glass woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises