The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Résumé de la Fête nationale / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaines vidéos de Monaco

Summary of National Day. Video
Old 11-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianacressida View Post
I wondered if the blonde girl is one of the younger of the four daughters of Sebastian Knecht de Massy. And there was a blondish boy with Jean-Leonard, his son named Melchior.
Sasha with cousins | Human Drama
That's right. It is son of Jean-Leonard - Melchior. The other children are Rose and Sylvestre de Brouver - daughter and son of Laetitia de Massy
Old 11-19-2017, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great photos. Wonderful to see so much of the family together

I am starting to think likely is the civil wedding for Alexandra's brother. If she was simply away at school, I'd think she would likely be home for weekend. I could be wrong.

We will likely see Stefano next year. He is only just about 9 months old. Not all babies react well to the public attention. Unlike say the twins, there is no rush for Stefano to be on the balcony if he isn't ready for all that. Great to see all of the other little kids. They are so adorable.

Had to smile at Raphael and the firetruck. And to the writer of the blog post with the photos, not just in Monaco is a firetruck so popular. I always smile at how much little kids, many girls too, are fascinated by fire trucks and police cars at that age. He really was enjoying it.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

I loved watching the broadcast of the National Fest. P Charlene looked so beautiful and it was nice to see her smile so much. The twins were very busy and it seemed, judging by P Albert's gestures to the crowd, too tired to appear again with their parents in the end. Maybe they had too much fun with all the cousins there...

Yes, melina p, it is a lovely pic of P Albert kissing his little angel so tenderly!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you to all those who shared the links to the National Day today.
It was great to see the family celebrating together. Our little cherubs Jacques and Gabriella are adorable to watch as ever, and it's nice to see the other children too. Seems that India is a bit shy of the crowds as she was hiding for most of the time! I don't blame her though, she's two and even I would find such crowds daunting. (I bet some royals who were born into the family are still daunted by crowds as adults.) The photos of Raphael looking at the fire engine are adorable.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2017

At first glance I thought they were old pictures of last year: white dress and white coat!

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...5674?s=594x594

But of course, it's a new outfit, although it looks very similar. I suppose white is best to show off the Order properly.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a video from the National Day Mass at Monaco Cathedral earlier this morning.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
At first glance I thought they were old pictures of last year: white dress and white coat!

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...5674?s=594x594

But of course, it's a new outfit, although it looks very similar. I suppose white is best to show off the Order properly.
This actually is a picture from last year, although this year's ensemble is much the same.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, exactly why I posted it, the pic of last year...
Old 11-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Majesty

New for 2017
Moustaches for Prince Albert , Pierre C. and Louis D
Old 11-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Commoner

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/event/...2017-775075117
Very similiar outfit to 2016
Old 11-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Nobility

Today (and I watched the live feed) I felt like the whole family was "somewhere else.' Bodies present, minds elsewhere. There was something hanging over the festivities. Not necessarily bad, but I have no idea what it was, good or bad. It was heavy though. They all seemed to be in another place. The kids were exhausted. You could see they wanted to go to sleep so badly. The adults were just 'away' mentally. Caroline and Stephanie seemed melancholy. Albert seemed a little sad, but mostly just very pensive, like he's thinking over some big things right now. Charlene had a serenity about her, pensive, but calm and at peace too.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Very nasty comment, I think you don't see the same video of the entire ceremonies, as I, I saw very happt people celebrating the national fest which is also the fest of the Prince,
What relation between children who are tired, do you have children, a child cannot stay without moving, Albert was sad, first new!!! he cannot smile as an idiot and Caroline and Stephanie were well
Old 11-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Very nasty comment, I think you don't see the same video of the entire ceremonies, as I, I saw very happt people celebrating the national fest which is also the fest of the Prince,
What relation between children who are tired, do you have children, a child cannot stay without moving, Albert was sad, first new!!! he cannot smile as an idiot and Caroline and Stephanie were well

You really ought to be more respectful towards other people and their opinions. The poster was merely expressing her personal observations, which I happen to agree with.

Nevertheless, it was lovely to see the whole family together.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Today (and I watched the live feed) I felt like the whole family was "somewhere else.' Bodies present, minds elsewhere. There was something hanging over the festivities. Not necessarily bad, but I have no idea what it was, good or bad. It was heavy though. They all seemed to be in another place. The kids were exhausted. You could see they wanted to go to sleep so badly. The adults were just 'away' mentally. Caroline and Stephanie seemed melancholy. Albert seemed a little sad, but mostly just very pensive, like he's thinking over some big things right now. Charlene had a serenity about her, pensive, but calm and at peace too.

Yes I got a similar impression about the adults. The family remain a fascinating enigma to me.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
You really ought to be more respectful towards other people and their opinions. The poster was merely expressing her personal observations, which I happen to agree with.

Nevertheless, it was lovely to see the whole family together.
Agree with you - about everything. There seemed a certain air of melancholy especially at the beginning.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

You have this feeling because every body has a new place in the courtyear
Yes, times changed, untill now, all the family was behind Albert
Now the palace changed the place of everybody, it comes back to the true protocole
The honor place for the princely couple , the princesses Caroline and Stephanie
daughters of a sovereign prince
The nephews on the balcon no more near the sovereign.
There is a new princely family , Albert Charlene and Jacques and Gabriella
At the times of P Grace and Rainier, there were P Grace, P Rainier and their children, There was never P Antoinette and her children near P Rainier, they were even not invited, after the death of P Grace, Rainier and Antoinette were more closed and Antoinette was near Caroline, Albert and the children. she was a princess of Monaco. but we did not see the children of P Antoinette, we saw again the Cousins De Massy behind Albert after the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Times change, we must adjust as the people of Spain had to adjust when we have the photos of the king, queen and only their infants on the photos during the holidays at Marivant, Elena and her children are no more here.and it will be also like this when the queenof UK will passed, Charles announced already that the family will be more short.
I enjoy to see Jacques Gabriella and their cousins to day and all the ceremonies were beautiful specially the mass.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Now the palace changed the place of everybody, it comes back to the true protocole
At the times of P Grace and Rainier, there were P Grace, P Rainier and their children, There was never P Antoinette and her children near P Rainier, they were even not invited, after the death of P Grace, Rainier and Antoinette were more closed and Antoinette was near Caroline, Albert and the children. she was a princess of Monaco. but we did not see the children of P Antoinette, we saw again the Cousins De Massy behind Albert after the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Times change, we must adjust as the people of Spain had to adjust when we have the photos of the king, queen and only their infants on the photos during the holidays at Marivant, Elena and her children are no more here.and it will be also like this when the queenof UK will passed, Charles announced already that the family will be more short.
I enjoy to see Jacques Gabriella and their cousins to day and all the ceremonies were beautiful specially the mass.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else but that's not why I had that impression.

I have no problem with the new standing places - it makes perfect sense.

I found there was quite a subdued atmosphere at the start - maybe because it was also a farewell to the carabinier colonel? It's the end of an era.

I agree the mass and church service were lovely especially the glorious music and the balcony scenes were heartwarming.

But none of that excuses you accusing a poster of making a nasty comment (which they didn't) when you don't agree with them.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Were you watching the Holy Mass in the Cathedral? What you described is "normal". During a Mass people always wander away with their thoughts as the rites are 100% predictable with every other Mass they ever did attend: introduction, word service, echarist rite, communion, closing rite with the usual participation from the congregation (Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Pater Noster, etc.). Apart from that, the Mass is always quite beautifully executed in Monte-Carlo, I must say.

To me it does not look like desinterest. It is just how people are during Mass.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

As usual you are looking at Charlene only, and finally we saw her smiling a lot! Thanks God. I guess her smiles are the reasons why Albert, Caroline and Stephanie are looking melanchony. You have always the truth in mind, and you are posting nasty replay to people who doesn't think as you think.