The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has the presentation to the new recipients of the Order of St. Charles taken place yet? I recall seeing this in previous years in the days leading up to National Day and it usually takes place in the throne room with Albert, Charlene, Caroline and Stephenie present.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Has the presentation to the new recipients of the Order of St. Charles taken place yet? I recall seeing this in previous years in the days leading up to National Day and it usually takes place in the throne room with Albert, Charlene, Caroline and Stephenie present.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbm508Ll-3n/

Looks likely was just Albert and Charlene.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have no problem with the restraint ("not so much smiling") attitude of the princesses. I think it adds to dignity to keep a distance indeed.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I have no problem with the restraint ("not so much smiling") attitude of the princesses. I think it adds to dignity to keep a distance indeed.
Yes, because the Queen of England, who quite often smiles on official engagements, comes across as utterly undignified. So did her late mother. As did Princess Grace, not to mention Queen Sofia...

I don't think they need to go around grinning madly all the time but the occasional smile, giving the impression of enjoyment/happiness/pleasure wouldn't hurt. I notice it all the more with Charlene because she used to be very open and smiling. I don't think it's a question of dignity - I think time and experience have made her much more cautious and guarded.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree about Charlene.

I cannot help but suspect that her experiences in Monaco have not been all that warm and welcoming. She is not nearly as cautious and defensive as she was in the beginning but she is never going to be truly accepted in Monegasque society and she knows it. The language barrier continues to work against her, I am convinced of it.

She's come a long way however, and I think she's quite content to remain the "outsider".

I don't really have a problem with the lack of public warmth from Caroline and Charlotte and Stephanie. I have seen enough photos of them in relaxed environments to believe that they are not frigid and unhappy women. The citizens of the Principality seem to adore their princesses-smiles or not. Maybe they are channeling the spirit of Princess Grace who could also seem rather icy in public....Brigitte Bardot is alleged to have called her late Serene Highness "Madame Frigidaire" behind her back.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 11-17-2017, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I saw the video of Monaco Channel, princess Charlene was friendly, warm with the people of Monaco, it is unfair to say that she was cold and not at ease. we can make talk photos , the photos at the end with the people say nothing , Charlene receiving with Albert the AS rugby team at the palace two days ago was not smiling , Albert and Charlene were holding their hands, it was her idea with her foundation to make this international rugby teamand she succeeds to do this.

No Moonmaiden, the people of Monaco is appreciating her and loving her and it is more strong since she gave heirs to the throne . My sister and my daughter are married with residents, they live in Monaco, my grandsons are pupils at the college Charles IIi, they are integrated in the life of Monaco, I am inviting to the family diners ( christening, anniversaries ) and I am hearing what they are talking about the princely family and it is not what you are believing to see from USA, UK, Belgium .
Charlene is called ' our princess' as they called the princess Grace and they are appreciating that she is near them, that she is doing with the children, the old persons or handicaped children , there will be a center for the education for handicaped children , it is the idea of the princess Charlene,
But they are criticing Albert for his travels, they are saying he is never here, he travels too much and sometimes these travels are not a need and they are saying happily P Charlene is present , the children would not see a lot their parents if Charlene would have followed him.
Here is a photo of a friend of my sister taken at the monegash pic nic

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYgtgshA...ken-by=lajouxa

I will post an another photos on the board of video , it shows that Charlene is very near of the people of Monaco

Citing a sentence of Brigitte Bardot is not a good thing, she was a star of the cinema during the years 50 and60 of the cinema, she is living in the jet set french city Saint Tropez , she is a french people and not a monegash people which is different and her life was tacky.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:28 PM
Courtier

I don't think 'not so much smiling' adds to a sense of dignity. Maybe that's the reason why some people choose to do it, but it certainly does not appeal to me this way. Distance, however, yes.

I guess it's just how one's used to carry him/herself around in public. It doesn't necessarily represent their true characters.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

As part of the National Day celebrations Prince Albert and Princess Charlene handed out the annual Christmas gifts at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco today, November 17:

** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** profimedia gallery **

** dailymail: They're one compassionate couple! Princess Charlene of Monaco shows off her svelte figure in fitted black gown..**
Handing out gifts at Red Cross headquarters, dressed in black, hardly smiling - or laughing - and looking like being in a funeral.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

I fear I was misunderstood. All royal ladies smile but the one has a more restraint smile (Letizia, Charlène) and the other has a more joyous smile (Máxima, Camilla). Just different personalities and characters. Personally I love the more restraint attitude of Charlène, it has nothing to do with being bored or not accepted. In my view it is just because Charlène wants to keep dignity and decorum in her presence as Princesse de Monaco. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

The black is no more a color of funeral, it is a color like the other and persons who lost a beloved one don't wear no more black cloths, in other countries, White is the color of funeral. I remember that P Diana of Wales was the first to wear black dress and gala dress.and nobody said that she was at a funeral.
I think that it is a unfair process that some persons do to Princess Charlene, It recalls me when her appearence was hardly criticed on this forum in the early years of her story. and always the same critics, when she married , she cries, when the the twins are born , it is a shame Gabriella is not the heir the presentation of the babies some persons made horrible comments on the babies, happily they were deleted by the administrator, the Red Cross gala is no more glamour we know you don't like Charlene here on the forum but she is here and you must admit it. and we are at the national day and it was not the subject to critic one charity event.

Charlene did her job with serious, these persons are old and many are poor, they don't care what Princess is wearing as cloths, it is not a gala evening but a charity event which took place two days before the fest of the prince.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:27 AM
Courtier

Does anyone have a link on which we can watch the national day celebrations?
Old 11-18-2017, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

https://www.facebook.com/palaismonac...9203121092219/

Outstanding broadcast Sunday, November 19th from 9:25 am!
The Principality of Monaco will celebrate its National Day. Live live on the Facebook page of the Prince's Palace, the parade of the Carabiniers du Prince, Mass in Notre-Dame-Immaculée Cathedral and the appearance on the balcony of the Princely Family.

As part of National day, Princess Stephanie and Camille are offering gifts to elder people today

Belga Image

https://www.profimedia.cz/photo-bank...cess+stephanie

India was there just hiding!!! All The kids are adorable!!!

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id876170476
Old 11-18-2017, 07:07 AM
Serene Highness

http://www.monacochannel.mc/Chaines/...au-17-novembre
preparation for the National Day Monaco
Zapping the week from 13 to 17 November. Video

Remise de colis à la Croix Rouge par LL.AA.SS. le Prince et la Princesse / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaines vidéos de Monaco

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene distributed annual Christmas gifts at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco today, November 17. Video
Old 11-18-2017, 07:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka View Post
Remise de colis à la Croix Rouge par LL.AA.SS. le Prince et la Princesse / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaines vidéos de Monaco

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene distributed annual Christmas gifts at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco today, November 17. Video
For me the video shows even more that she wasn't really into it that day, maybe she was a bit under the weather or something. It's not just her facial expression (or lack of) but compare P.Albert: talking to the person, holding the hand and present a bit longer, touching person's arm...P.Charlene just shakes hand and let's hand drop very quickly, gives present and looks away to next person or just around in the room...

We know she can be interested and smiling with people, we've seen it before; but this was imo just not one of those days

If P.Charlene is not in the mood, you can tell, and that on the one hand is very honest and true, but for a royal is sometimes a bit inconvenient

just my opinion as i see the video; i'm very happy to read in other posts that her Monegask people love her, that's awesome!
Old 11-18-2017, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I fear I was misunderstood. All royal ladies smile but the one has a more restraint smile (Letizia, Charlène) and the other has a more joyous smile (Máxima, Camilla). Just different personalities and characters. Personally I love the more restraint attitude of Charlène, it has nothing to do with being bored or not accepted. In my view it is just because Charlène wants to keep dignity and decorum in her presence as Princesse de Monaco. Nothing wrong with that.
Fair enough - it just stands out for me because she didn't start out like that. Maybe she felt she was overacting before and this is more her - I know she is naturally a fairly reserved person.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The palace published other photos of the Red Cross event on his officiel page of the Facebook

Nice photos where we seee that the princess Charlene is friendly with monegasj h people

https://www.facebook.com/pg/palaismo...92216410790890
Old 11-18-2017, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Here are more videos of the medal ceremonies and gift distribution:

Old 11-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
As part of National day, Princess Stephanie and Camille are offering gifts to elder people today

Belga Image

https://www.profimedia.cz/photo-bank...cess+stephanie
Lovely pictures. I love that Camille turns up with her mother to these events.

Stephanie seems to going through a red and black stage in her clothing choices recently - the Romania trip, the Grace Kelly tribute and now this.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco National Day is always more like National Week! I love all the formal events leading up to the big day itself and I am super excited for tomorrow. Going to watch every bit live.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

^^^ previous

I am also going to watch it live, even though I don't understand a word of French!

It is the middle of the night here when it starts, but it suits me fine. The family will be asleep and I can watch in peace!

Thanks to everyone for posting pics and videos.