The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-21-2016, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

What a gorgeous family.

In a couple of photos I did a double take because Princess Charlene looks like a taller version of a young Grace Kelly.

And Sasha Casiraghi looks like his great grandfather Rainier.

Beatrice is beyond stunning, just perfect.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 11-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Majesty

It was a lovely day, it looked as if everybody was in harmony with each other, and that's good.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

So happy to see Raphaël properly.... such a cutie !
Old 11-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

Looking at the pictures closely, I can see how much Raphael resembles Charlotte when she was a toddler ~ same lips, nose, similar eyes ~ except the ears, also Charlotte was a blonde.
I actually think he has Charlotte's ears! In her baby and young adult photos, I've always noticed how unusually big her ears were in proportion to her face.

All the rest has been said, the interaction among all of them are quite lovely to see for us long-time Grimaldi watchers. I think they seem closer now than they were before, which is something quite common in families that are princely or otherwise. As people mature, their relationships often improve for the better.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

I suspect the Grimaldis have always been a close clan. They are especially known to close ranks around one another in times of crisis or tragedy.

But I agree that the additions of all the children to their family has seemed to make them visibly happier and tightened their bond.

I love watching them all together.

1927-2022
Old 11-22-2016, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

I'm very glad many of you have the same impression of the family. I don't see a family that is cold to each other or where jealousy runs like I had to read at some comments. It seems if you don't cuddle each other all the time in public or make statements how everything is sunshine and rainbows, you have a dysfunctional family lol

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 11-23-2016, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Royalcouturier

I give you the link of the article of Paris match

Jacques de Monaco, le moussaillon tient déjà la barre
Old 11-25-2016, 04:23 AM
Administrator

A gallery focussing on Raphaël's first official National Day appearance:

** pm: Les premières photos de Raphaël, le fils de Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad Elmaleh **
Old 12-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I actually think he has Charlotte's ears! In her baby and young adult photos, I've always noticed how unusually big her ears were in proportion to her face.
Andrea is just the same. The large ears seem to come from Rainier, having skipped a generation in Caroline.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

Well, it's only four (in fact three and a half) days left to the National Day. Do we know any time schedule of the celebrations? I suppose it will be broadcasted live on Monaco Info as usual.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The broadcasting will begin at 9h 25 on Monaco channel
Old 11-17-2017, 08:16 AM
Administrator

As part of the National Day celebrations Prince Albert and Princess Charlene handed out the annual Christmas gifts at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco today, November 17:

** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** profimedia gallery **

** dailymail: They're one compassionate couple! Princess Charlene of Monaco shows off her svelte figure in fitted black gown..**
Old 11-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

As part of the National Day celebrations Prince Albert and Princess Charlene handed out the annual Christmas gifts at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco today, November 17:

** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** profimedia gallery **
Probably very negative of me but the thing i noticed first is how few pics there are of P.Charlene smiling (let alone laughing), i hope she's feeling alright..
Old 11-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlene is very elegant

A very nice gesture of the princely couple every year

It is Charlene, She is like this, She is like Charlotte , not very smiling when she is posing. for a photo.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

She seems to be going through a phase of wearing black again. I hope she wears a more cheerful colour on Sunday. No more black or navy blue please.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't mind the black on Princess Charlene because she always livens it up with the most dazzling shade of red lipstick. She doesn't look washed out at all, imo.

1927-2022
Old 11-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very elegant - I like the sharp tailoring and contrast of the red against the black.

There are a couple of small half smiles but I too wish she would smile more broadly occasionally - she always used to. She seems to have given it up a couple of years ago.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

Remise des Médailles d'Honneur des bénévoles d'association / Vidéos / Gouvernement Princier / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaines vidéos de Monaco

medal ceremony on November 16, 2017
Old 11-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
She looks very elegant - I like the sharp tailoring and contrast of the red against the black.

There are a couple of small half smiles but I too wish she would smile more broadly occasionally - she always used to. She seems to have given it up a couple of years ago.
The Monageque royal women rarely smile, unfortunately. She's becoming more like Caroline, Stephanie and Charlotte that way. I suppose they think it's regal, but there's nothing elegant about looking bored and disengaged.

That said, you can certainly tell when any of those women are interested in the people they're talking to because the haughtiness melts away. You can see it in these photos of Charlene when she's actually handing out gifts. She doesn't always have a smile, but she's leaning in and really focusing on the people in front of her in a way that feels authentic and warm to me.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
The Monageque royal women rarely smile, unfortunately. She's becoming more like Caroline, Stephanie and Charlotte that way. I suppose they think it's regal, but there's nothing elegant about looking bored and disengaged.

That said, you can certainly tell when any of those women are interested in the people they're talking to because the haughtiness melts away. You can see it in these photos of Charlene when she's actually handing out gifts. She doesn't always have a smile, but she's leaning in and really focusing on the people in front of her in a way that feels authentic and warm to me.
I disagree about Caroline and Stephanie who often smile, although not, I agree, if posing for a formal shot.

Charlotte,I would agree, rarely smiles and quite often looks as if she can smell something bad.

Hey ho! Who knows why they choose to present themselves this way...