National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I followed the whole Mass and I am impressed how this small Catholic Principauty celebrated so well and with such a dignity the Solemn Mass and at the End the Prayer to the Prince who was the one who remain Sitting.
They have a new Archeveque , it was the first time he did it in such difficult conditions. He said the Prince Albert your Holy Patron St Albert went to the to Pope . the Pope said you may Stand, but he stood because he was small. And he remains as St Albert le Grand. The Conductor was at the same time the Pianist and the small Children sung with their mask.
I will never forget this Event.
The dress code was jaquette and black clothes as hommage to the people suffering from Covid
and for those who passed away.from this terrible virus.
Our Churches are closed , There was no King Feast and no Te Deum for him and I was happy to pray on this difficult times for all the people who are suffering. MO

Last edited:
Is there no video of the ceremony in the Palace courtyard after the church service? I didn't get the chance to see that part today.

A lot of people did wear darker clothes but that wasn't the dress code. Melanie de Massy was wearing pink (and she lost her mother this year) and fuchsia pink accents aren't dark.

It was a nice ceremony if a bit different - lovely to see the twins in the courtyard and the little salute.

Pierre's little boys are also cute.

I thought all the ladies were well-dressed and Gabriella looked very pretty and classic.

Surprised Stephanie wasn’t at the Mass. I can’t recall her missing it in recent years. Hope she is well.

Did the opera gala go ahead tonight? Would like to see what the ladies wore.

It's nice to see the National Day was still able to happen despite the current situation. Jacques in his little uniform was too cute - it did look a little big for him and he seemed to be uncomfortable with the hat. :D Gabriella is a little munchkin and I love the way they did her hair. Raphael seems to be the spitting image of Charlotte, too.

I hope Stephanie is ok. It's indeed worrying that she wasn't there given these recent times.

:previous: Raphael? I didn't see any sign of Charlotte or her husband and children.:ermm:

Charlene was magnificent. The coat was not black but a dark purplish blue. The only thing I disagree with are the gloves.

Charlene was magnificent. The coat was not black but a dark purplish blue. The only thing I disagree with are the gloves.

the most chic of all was Caroline.
I didn't like Charlene. . shiny coat, long, appropriate on an evening, not for a religious function, albeit an important one, and with restrictions.

The Palace courtyard and Cathedral both looked splendid it was strange not to see Princess Stephanie present and also sad not to see their cousin the late Baroness Elisabeth-Anne de Massy in attendance.

Raphael seems to be the spitting image of Charlotte, too.

I hope Stephanie is ok. It's indeed worrying that she wasn't there given these recent times.

Charlotte and her family did not attend. Stephanie attended a medal ceremony prior to the National Day this week, so one can assume that it's nothing serious that made her miss the celeration itself.

Yes, Charlene was stunning , she wore a long court coat
Where have you seen that there are dress restrictions for religious ceremony?
Every Sunday, I attend the catholique service in the Church of my village, a lot of women are also attending catholique service with these long coats and they can take the communion with these clothes
It is only your opinion not else

That was a late night moment! I had tabs open where I was looking at photos of Raphael and Charlotte from another occasion, and a lack of coffee must have made me think it was today! [emoji3]
Charlotte and her family did not attend. Stephanie attended a medal ceremony prior to the National Day this week, so one can assume that it's nothing serious that made her miss the celeration itself.

Wonderful to see that the opera went ahead I was worried it might be cancelled.

I though the opera night of the national day was a white tie event, with long dress, white gloves and uniform. Might this year's be different

It always is I don't know why it wasn't this year but I hope it goes back to white tie next year. I love seeing the ladies in evening gown and orders.

:previous:

The one with Gabriella is great - a wonderful, cheerful and spontaneous moment.

My favourite is the one of Princess Gabriella ...priceless!

Lovely photos from Charlene and agree about the photo of Gabriella - she's a little munchkin!

I can't adequately express how much I loath and despise Charlene's blonde "Betty Boop" hair style. It is neither chic nor elegant.

:previous: Wonderful photos of Prince Albert with his children, thoroughly enjoyed them.

The second photo of father and daughter is also great, Gabriella has a wonderful, natural sense of humour, like here:

** Brother & Sister **

Back
Top Bottom