National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Prince's Chamberlain was interviewed about the National Day celebrations and confirmed there would be no balcony appearance -because there will be no-one to appear for. There will be a video message from the family.

Thanks. At least we will have a video then, if no balcony appearance on the day. How will the medal ceremonies be conducted?

The Prince's Chamberlain was interviewed about the National Day celebrations and confirmed there would be no balcony appearance -because there will be no-one to appear for. There will be a video message from the family.

I guessed that was the reason. They watch the parade from the Palace windows and then greet the crowds but no point if no parade or people. I would have still enjoyed it if it wasn't for the fact the whole family will be in those horrible dehumanising masks, even the children no doubt. I know they have to but it's still horrible looking.

Isn't the 19th of November also the anniversary date of Prince Albert II's enthronement Mass?

November 19th is the Saint Rainier , people of Monaco celebrated him this day because , it was his feast
The people of Monaco are celebrating their prince the day of their feast
Saint Albert is on november 15th, Albert did not wat to change this national day and he wanted to keep this day also called the feast of the prince
But Jacques could change this day and celebrat the national day, the day of his feast when he will be the prince sovereign

On November 16 Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie, Andrea and other members of the family presented the "Covid-19 Promotion" distinctions: decorations in the Order of Grimaldi and Medals of Honour for volunteers:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The floral arrangements at the cour d'honneur are absolutely splendid.

Wonderful - I actually like this ceremony like this. It would be nice in future years, weather permitting. And minus masks, of course.

I found it interesting that Albert mentioned that "members of his family" had also had Covid 19.

Here are two videos of the ceremonies that were mentioned yesterday, including more views on the family members who attended!

I think he spoke about Dimitri , husband of Charlotte and later Jazmin Grace who had the Covid 19

Gareth Wittstock was decorated for service during the ceremony of Grimaldi and honor medals,
The other brother sean and his wife Chantell received also the honor medals for service but they were not attending the ceremony, they could not be present I think

Second part of the Saint Charles order ceremony

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=376771120198836&set=pcb.376772190198729

ceremony of the sport medals with Albert and Charlene

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=376771996865415&set=pcb.376772190198729

Last edited by a moderator:

Presentation of the Cultural Merit decorations by HRH the Princess of Hanover

Saint Charles and Grimaldi orders ceremony by Prince Albert in the presence of the Princess Charlene

presenation of the sport medals ceremony by Prince Albert in the presence of the princess Charlene

On monday, there were 2 cérémonies

One at the hospital centre hospitalier Princess Grace with the princely couple, Albert and Charlene the presentation of the Grimaldi order special Covid to the all staff of the hospital by the prince Albert

Later in the afternoon, there was the second ceremony, the presentation of the Grimaldi order and honor medals to the persons who were very present during this epidemia of the covid 19 in Monaco by the prince Albert in the presence of the princess Charlene , princess Caroline, princess Stéphanie , Andréa, Camille and Louis Ducruet

:previous:

Here are some nice photos of the presentation of the medals of honour to the volunteers, those of the National Blood Merit and the recognition of the Monegasque Red Cross and of the presentation of the distinctions in the Order of Cultural Merit today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

This looks like a funeral, why are so many people in top to toe black? It's supposed to be a day of celebration. I notice this every year, only a handful of people ever were nice colours the rest are either in black or dark drab clothes including the Grimaldi's. BTW Charlene's ensemble today is the worst I have ever seen her wear to this event.

Sophie 25, the covid 19 made a lot of deaths in France and in Monaco , the prince and his family are not so happy, they think to the persons who lost a member of their family

I understand that but I've noticed the prevalence of black/dark clothes on ND in previous years too and have commented on it. It's not just the Grimaldi's either, the congregation in the cathedral is always full of people in black too, it's strange.

Great Mass.
Andea , Pierre Casiraaghi and wifes were there, with Alexandra of Hannover and Louis Ducruet and wife. No Charlotte no Dimitri.

I understand that but I've noticed the prevalence of black/dark clothes on ND in previous years too and have commented on it. It's not just the Grimaldi's either, the congregation in the cathedral is always full of people in black too, it's strange.

It depends. For mexmaple i like it that Princess Caroline had white accents on her outfit and a white mask. But in the of Princess Charlene it is simple to much black with the long black coat, black mask, black gloves and a black hat.

Last edited:
Great Mass.
Andea , Pierre Casiraaghi and wifes were there, with Alexandra of Hannover and Louis Ducruet and wife. No Charlotte no Dimitri.

No Princess Stephanie and her daughters . They usually attend .

Rather different celebrations today - really missed the balcony appearance. But such good fortune that it was a beautiful sunny day with clear skies in Monaco so the event in the courtyard went well.

Sweet pics of the twins saluting, following their dad’s lead. I also notice in some of the pics that P Gabriella has had a visit from the tooth fairy.

I agree they all are dressed for a funeral. Perhaps there was a concerted effort to recognize the dead from the virus? Caroline gets best dressed from me, for the beautiful Chanel suit and the 3/4 gloves.

The twins are enchanting but poor Jacques could have has his trousers hemmed!

Back
Top Bottom