National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Mass this year must have been a poignant anniversary for the Princely Family with the recent 90th anniversary of the birth of the late Princess Grace.

Exactly; Jazmin was born before Albert met Charlene, so she shouldn't hold any grudge towards this girl.

There was a sweet moment with Princess Charlene holding Prince Albert's arm during the tribute to Princess on the balcony. Whatever is going on (if anything), it doesn't seem to be concerning their marriage.

A year or so ago, a German tabloid had an article about how Charlene is rebelling against Albert by including Jazmin and Alexandre in their lives. I don't think that's true, but they seem to have a good relationship.

There was a sweet moment with Princess Charlene holding Prince Albert's arm during the tribute to Princess on the balcony. Whatever is going on (if anything), it doesn't seem to be concerning their marriage.

A year or so ago, a German tabloid had an article about how Charlene is rebelling against Albert by including Jazmin and Alexandre in their lives. I don't think that's true, but they seem to have a good relationship.

I also saw a photo of them on the balcony too, taken from behind. He had his arm tenderly around her waist.

I also doubt that the problem is their relationship.

Were the bagpipes for Princess Grace in the Palace courtyard?

Yes it was in tribute to princess Grave a very great Moving moment

Princess Charlene attended last monday three public events for the Red Cross of Monaco

médaille de la reconnaissance de la Croix Rouge - marriane eklablog.fr

The second event was for the blood donors at the Red Cross

Médailles de mérite de sang, - marriane eklablog.fr

The third was for the medal ' agrafe de bronze pour services extraordinaires , ' extraordinary services, acte of courage

Agrafe en bronze des services exceptionnels toujours en présence de la princesse Charlene - marriane eklablog.fr

She wore galsses

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts - Charlene was very serious for the ceremonies which are quite formal. She was more relaxed for the balcony bits - I saw a few small smiles and a bit of animation. I thought the outfit was just too much - although I liked the hat I thought the head to toe white look made her look like an extra from a Michael Jackson video. Better when the hat was off.

Caroline looked tired, even ill, in the morning but seemed to be enjoying herself surrounded by her family. She seemed better in the evening. I liked her coat but hemline showing below was just frumpy. Her grandchildren are cute.

Nice to see Marie becoming part of the celebrations- didn't love her outfit although I liked the colour and she has a lovely smile.

Stephanie kept it simple - a bit sober but she looked good and her hair is nice in this style.

Alexandra is a revelation - she has blossomed and seems a sunny character.

The twins are very cute - lovely to see Jacques continuing the tradition of wearing the carabinier uniform.

In the evening Caroline seemed more herself, Beatrice looked nice. I liked Charlene's tux but don't think it was the place, a gown was more suited to the occasion. Loved her hair and she wore some amazing jewellery both daytime and night time.

Nice to see the de Massy family represented as well. I think it's a bit odd that Charlene's brothers appear on the balcony but hey, it's a family affair.

Although Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie seemed a bit glum at first I didn't get that same weird, tense vibe in the atmosphere that there seemed to be last year.

Its a pity that Baroness Elisabeth-Anne de Massy was not present this year ,she rarely misses these major events.

Interesting, when you look at the pic of P Albert and his father, he already holds his left hand in that very manner we still see so often today.

Interesting, when you look at the pic of P Albert and his father, he already holds his left hand in that very manner we still see so often today.

Early training, I would say. Education and training for his role started early in the early 1960s, I think it's the typical hand position of the guards he learned and adopted for life.

Here are some more great galleries of the celebrations:

** pp: Beatrice Borromeo : Maman gracieuse avec Stefano et Francesco au palais **

** pp: Jacques et Gabriella de Monaco adorables et remuants, ils égayent le palais **

** pp: Charlene et Albert de Monaco : Élégance et complicité pour la Fête nationale **

** pp: Charlene de Monaco de gala : elle ose le tailleur pantalon face à Caroline **

Prince Albert and princess Charlene attended the diner for diplomatic corps which is taking place at each national fest , the eve of the cérémonies of the national day, it was on november 18th

Diner des corps diplomatiques en présence du prince Albert et de la princesse Charlène - marriane eklablog.fr

Charlene was almost present at all the events of the national day, the last year, she was present to the giving gifts to the desavantaged seniors at the Red Cross quarters
and to the event of the orders Saint Charles andGrimaldi and also to the diner for the diplomatic corps

This year, she was present to the

Giving gifts to the red Cross at the RC quarters

Giving of the sport medals

Giving of the Saint Charles and Grimaldi Orders

Giving of the medal for blood donors of the Red Cross of Monaco

Giving of the medals of the Red Cross

Agrafe for exceptionary services to the persons who ahd courage acts

She was present to the gala for the diplomatic corps

She was very present

A very beautiful and Moving tribute to the princess Grace

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5DNG8dHhFU/

Second part of the tribute to the Princess Grace

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5DFD31nEL0/

Monaco Matin about the national fest

Très beau titre de Monaco Matin - marriane eklablog.fr

She did nothing at all for her Country (Monaco) since September pic-nic! She didn’t go to Japan while his husband and their children were for the Enthronement of the Emperor. It look a very strange behaviour.

She did nothing at all for her Country (Monaco) since September pic-nic! She didn’t go to Japan while his husband and their children were for the Enthronement of the Emperor. It look a very strange behaviour.

The "country" is just 2 square km, same size as Central Park in New York. Then you are soon out-princessed. There is just one hospital to lay the first stone. There is just one police barracks to cut a ribbon for open. There is just one secondary school to bring a visit. The Prince can - effortlessly- do everything in his own person. Food for thought: the mayor of next-door Nice has 10 times more inhabitants than S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco.

Princess Charlène is always there on the most important days (Fête Nationale, Sainte-Devote, Grand-Prix de Monaco, some fundraisers) and then you are practically "ready" in that little urbanisation for for the happy few.

Charlene was almost present at all the events of the national day, the last year, she was present to the giving gifts to the desavantaged seniors at the Red Cross quarters
and to the event of the orders Saint Charles andGrimaldi and also to the diner for the diplomatic corps

This year, she was present to the

Giving gifts to the red Cross at the RC quarters

Giving of the sport medals

Giving of the Saint Charles and Grimaldi Orders

Giving of the medal for blood donors of the Red Cross of Monaco

Giving of the medals of the Red Cross

Agrafe for exceptionary services to the persons who ahd courage acts

She was present to the gala for the diplomatic corps

She was very present
Well, present in body anyway.

It seems that the Prince and Princess of Monaco attended a dinner for the diplomatic corps on the eve of National Day.

The Palace shares a Group picture from the National Day

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=90e974f4254e5c5b18b1d3f6c333e8ba&oe=5E44C1D8

Also on the occasion of the "National Day" and the 90th anniversary of the birth of Princess Grace, a tribute was paid to the American soldiers welcomed in Monaco in 1919, at the end of the First World War. This solemn ceremony was held in the presence of Prince Albert , and Princess Caroline, the Prince's Carabinieri Orchestra and the US Air Force Honor Guard.

https://cdn.static01.nicematin.com/media/npo/1440w/2019/11/2934246.jpg

Charlene's hair and makeup at the dinner for the diplomatic corps was divine.?

Last edited:
The "country" is just 2 square km, same size as Central Park in New York. Then you are soon out-princessed. There is just one hospital to lay the first stone. There is just one police barracks to cut a ribbon for open. There is just one secondary school to bring a visit. The Prince can - effortlessly- do everything in his own person. Food for thought: the mayor of next-door Nice has 10 times more inhabitants than S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco.

Princess Charlène is always there on the most important days (Fête Nationale, Sainte-Devote, Grand-Prix de Monaco, some fundraisers) and then you are practically "ready" in that little urbanisation for for the happy few.

The “Country” was the same as when Princess Grace was the Princess consort. It is undeniable that Princess Grace did much much more than charlene has done since her wedding.

Quite. In fact, the country is bigger in size.

Also, the argument that there are too many Princesses for duties is weak - all three ladies have their own spheres of interest that don't need to involve stepping on each others' toes.

But I think Albert is accepting of how things are arranged. I think it works for them. It's the utter lack of interest from Charlene when she does something that gets on my wick.
The “Country” was the same as when Princess Grace was the Princess consort. It is undeniable that Princess Grace did much much more than charlene has done since her wedding.

By the way, the group picture is lovely - nice to see them all together like this.

Last edited:
It is a pity that Charlotte and her family could not attend. I think she never missed the national day, or maybe just once.

Princess Grace did not that much more (..)
Just practically:

HSH The Princess baptizes a new ship. Eh... Monaco has no Navy and no wharfs.

HSH The Princess opens a new Palais de Justice. Eh... the tiny area only needs one courthouse and it was already opened in 1924.

HSH The Princess opens a new secondary school in Monte-Carlo. Eh... there are two lycées in excellent housing. Further public education opportunities for monegasques may be found outside the principality.

HSH The Princess visits a hospital. Eh... There is only one hospital in Monte-Carlo and to bring an official visit every year is a bit overdone.

Okay, let us find an useful role for HSH The Princess in the organization of the Maison princier. Eh... The Prince has hired graduated and experienced French-speaking professionals to organize his House.

Oooooookay..... what useful role is there left for HSH The Princess, apart from being her husband's shadow on his foreign trips? Found it: being a devoted and hands-on mother for the princely children.

:flowers:

:previous: you can be condescending all you like :)flowers: emoticon not really covering up anything), but P.Albert of the same country finds enough to do, often doing 2 or 3 engagements in one day.
Obviously some of these are specifically for the head of state, but there are plenty P.Charlene could take over if he and/or she wanted to.

(normally would have put the flowers emoticon here too, but that'd feel like sarcasm)

Anyway, I'm glad she joined in on several National Day events, and I hope she's feeling well

Back
Top Bottom