National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah thanks.
It doesn’t seem to be at the opera this year.
Do we know what they are going to watch?

Well thank goodness for the children for adding a ray of sunshine and uplifting the mood at what is an otherwise sullen affair this year.

Photos of Princess Caroline over the past few months have shown her wearing a lot more colour and patterns, very flattering.

Always great seeing the kids. Caroline sure had her hands full. ?

I hadn't realized charlotte had her second son. Surprised by the name but congratulations.

Thanks for sharing photos and links :flowers:

What the heck is Gabriella wearing on her feet? Surely it's not black boots with that lovely red dress.

Is it not a blue cornflower to commemorate the recent centenary of the Armistice? I can't really see clearly enough but that's what I thought they were - often worn in France like the British Legion poppies we wear here in the UK in November.

I could be wrong - as I said I can't really see closely enough.

You're absolutely right - I'd completely forgotten that cornflowers are commemorative flowers for the armistice in France (which I shouldn't have, because it was mentioned on the news over here around Remembrance Day!). The royal guard in this photo behind Stephanie is wearing one too, and President Macron is also wearing the same cornflower badge here (including the French colours).

Aaah, India tiptoeing to peek and Stefano inserting himself between the balusters and waving... too adorable. Happy to see this generation participating together in National Day events. Pierre is one hot papa, Beatrice looks proud of Stefano who looks like her twin, Andrea and Tatiana look like old hands at this parenting stuff at this point, they both look like a solid couple, Alexandra is such a preppy, Pauline's outfit is interesting but she looks skinnier than usual and older than she is, Maximilian looks like India, and Francesco looks more like Pierre. The twins are gorgeous, you can tell they have charmed lives, and will have the world at their feet. All the adults could use more smiles on their faces, though Caroline does look happy with her bunch. This year's outfits seem very formal and "royal" compared to previous years //end of ramble lol

On the occasion of the National Day, Teresa Guerra and Manuel Salazar were decorated by Prince Albert for their commitment and dedication to Fight Aids Monaco. Princess Stephanie as President of Fight Aids Monaco was present as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Here's another video of the presentation of Medals of Physical Education and Sports:

Fete nationale 2019

Hello everyone,

Any announced agenda regarding this year's fete national? Hopefully most of the royal family members will be in attendance ?

Hello everyone,

Any announced agenda regarding this year's fete national? Hopefully most of the royal family members will be in attendance ?

There's always events in the days leading up to the 19th particuarly official receptions and the award of honours. I think the first of these will be on Thursday.

I LOVE National Day in Monaco and all the events leading up to it on the days before. I can't wait to see the twins on the balcony again.

Do we have a schedule for the Red Cross visit and other events yet?

I don't remember any official schedules from the past years (except for November 19 itself) so I doubt there will be one this year. The events usually start with medal ceremonies on November 15 or 16.

One week before the "National Day 2019", the first rehearsals for the Monegasque Public Force and Public Security in the Place du Palais Princier to make everything perfect on D-Day. Meeting with Major Olivier Drean, Head of the Orchester des Carabiniers of the Prince.

Prince Albert with Princess Charlene during a Christmas gift-giving event at the headquarters of the Red Cross today

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/...s=all&uiloc=view_all_more_from_this_event_adp

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=15-11-2019 Monaco

By Palace

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...UiEEHeWPvdEN0gj28EkHwbyFViHLxkFe7&__tn__=HH-R

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one smile...what a strange woman...

It is cringeworthy. What the heck is wrong with her? She is looking more miserable than ever at public events. Before they leave the house Albert should tell her to imagine she's in S. Africa, we'd get plenty of smiles then.

I can not explain it properly, but to me Princess Charlène looks very tired lately. As if she is suffering from some sort of fatigue. Her eyes look absent.

On the one hand no one should get moaned about because they aren't smiling, especially when we don't know the circumstances. On the other, it's supposed to be a happy, festive official pre National day event so it would be nice to see her looking a little pleased to be there, even if she'd rather be doing anything else.

And unfortunately in Charlene's case her lack of general enthusiasm indicates that she would rather be elsewhere.

The Daily Mail's headlines never fail,Charlene looks anything but festive and Season of Good Will.

Yes, this made me smile too. I have noticed they are unfailingly positive about her, unlike other royals. Interesting to know why as they usually like to discredit where they can.

Yes, this made me smile too. I have noticed they are unfailingly positive about her, unlike other royals. Interesting to know why as they usually like to discredit where they can.

They were very mean to her at first. I wonder if Prince Albert sued them or something.

Charlene did give a tiny little smile at some point today

Lets hope she saving all her smiles for the balcony appearance as they have been in such short supply of late.

They were very mean to her at first. I wonder if Prince Albert sued them or something.

Charlene did give a tiny little smile at some point today

The Grimaldi are one of the most litigious of dynasties and they usually win. Every other week Point de Vue or Paris Match seemed to be paying them or the Casiraghi a judgment.:cool:

I know that Prince Albert sued The Times of London and won a judgment over the "runaway bride" stories. It would not surprised me if he got The Fail to pay up as well.

Back
Top Bottom