National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, the gala was not cancelled because we saw a brief report about the gala on Monaco info, we saw that there was the french anthem before the monegash anthem at the open of the gala. and Charlène put her hand on her heart during the anthem. and it was the 'tosca' which was plaued

the gala took place but no photographs were allowed to take photos in tribute of the attacs of Paris.

I have had a good look around the net and can find no report or reference to the evening gala for this year's celebrations. If it had been cancelled as a mark of respect to events in France I would have thought there would have been announcement of some kind - perhaps from the official press office, but there's nothing I can find. Could it be this is a new departure , or it was always intended to hold the gala at a later date this year. Perhaps it depends if on whether there is opera or ballet currently being performed in Monaco. Iceflower, do you know anything?

Just had another look by using soirée as part of my search and found the opera was scheduled to be Eugene Onegin
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I didn't find any pics either, but the gala was held that same night, as I saw a clip of the evening on Monaco Info. :flowers:

No, the gala was not cancelled because we saw a brief report about the gala on Monaco info, we saw that there was the french anthem before the monegash anthem at the open of the gala. and Charlène put her hand on her heart during the anthem. and it was the 'tosca' which was plaued

the gala took place but no photographs were allowed to take photos in tribute of the attacs of Paris.

Thank you for this. Yes I was about to correct my post to note it was Tosca. I don't quite see the logic of no photos if there were cameras there ( obviously not to take photos during the anthem). Hopefully one will surface some time. Can your recall if any of Caroline's family attended?

Thank you for this. Yes I was about to correct my post to note it was Tosca. I don't quite see the logic of no photos if there were cameras there ( obviously not to take photos during the anthem). Hopefully one will surface some time. Can your recall if any of Caroline's family attended?

'la Tosca' ;):lol: I'm Tosca.:)

Do we have a video of the gala even if there are no pics?

Babies are beautiful. But outfits are ugly and sad. They remind me Oliver Twist scenes from the orphanage asylum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only seen the cover photo above, showing P Gabriella's attempt to walk by herself. What about P Jacques? Any proof that he is already walking?

The babies are beautiful and truly the future of Monaco. I hope to see them often as they grow up and especially taking on some part in the National Day festivities in the years to come.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

That cover was so sweet and the toddlers so beautiful! It is adorable that Gabriella was clearly the center of the attention in that pic!

The babies and their little outfits are just adorable! Pure blue blood and ready for their close-ups. ??

PS: How very fortunate that opinions and tastes differ.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

In a Monaco info video I saw Jean-Leonard Taubert Natta, son of Elisabeth de Massy, on the balcony with a little boy on his arm. Does anyone know if it's his son and what his name is? I thought he and his wife didn't have any children.

Cute pic of Gabriella walking. Don't like the coats but I don't really like dressing small children in sombre colours like black and grey. Nonetheless, it was lovely to see them on the balcony.

Babies should not remind one of going to a funeral.

And considering the events of the last week and a bit, along w/Monaco's closeness to France, IMO it makes perfect sense for The Princely Family to be wearing sober, solemn colours at the moment.

Caroline seems so fond of twins... It's so sweet! I can't believe there are people that see a conflict between Caroline and Charlene!

People like to imagine all sorts... I'll be honest and say that I don't imagine Caroline and Charlene have an enormous amount in common but they always seem to be getting on and perfectly happy to be in each other's company. Caroline has always loved kids, I think this is a lovely photo to add to many lovely photos of her interacting with children over the years.

People like to imagine all sorts... I'll be honest and say that I don't imagine Caroline and Charlene have an enormous amount in common but they always seem to be getting on and perfectly happy to be in each other's company. Caroline has always loved kids, I think this is a lovely photo to add to many lovely photos of her interacting with children over the years.

Agreed 100%. Plus, it came from Albert himself the claim that both P. Caroline and P.Stephanie visit the children whenever they have time.:flowers:

I'm sure it is just me but it seems that both Charlene and Albert appear very uncomfortable holding their babies. They just seem awkward. Maybe because they always hold them facing out, while in the U.S. we tend to hold them at our side so they can see the face of their parents.

Prince Albert's Children

I'm sure it is just me but it seems that both Charlene and Albert appear very uncomfortable holding their babies. They just seem awkward. Maybe because they always hold them facing out, while in the U.S. we tend to hold them at our side so they can see the face of their parents.

It's just you. Because you are not considering that they're holding the babies in such a way that they'd be visible to the photographers and crowd gathered below. They would certainly not hold the little ones in a similar fashion when they're alone with them. I thought that was quite obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

William and Kate did the same thing with George during their tour. They carried George outwards so the people could see him.

Plus in Monaco, they are on a balcony with people below them. If it's just the back of the twins heads, what a waste of the time for the people there in person and the photographers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

it is not the place to post these comments but not matter

THe doctors in France advice to wear the babies as Albert and Charlene are wearing their babys as other royals are doing like that , as Prince Felix, at the national fest, the babies were seen very well, better than if they would be worn on the side . Next years, they will be standing and they will seen like this last year. no matter, the twins were the stars of this national fest.
The people of Monaco could see them at the pic nic of Monaco and at the walk for the climat, photographers and people of Monaco could see them.

I find that Albert and Charlene were very at ease with their children

Gabriella & Jacques von Monaco : Das Fürstentum liegt ihnen jetzt schon zu Füßen | BUNTE.de

other video about the national fest

Jacques & Gabriella von Monaco: Diese süßen Gesten sahen wir erst auf den zweiten Blick | BUNTE.de

Last edited by a moderator:
National Day 2016 - Monaco

MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

This is the thread dedicated to the National Day celebrations 2016!

They will take place on Friday, November 18th and Saturday,
November 19th, 2016, additional events take place the preceding days.

Some information has been released here:

** Fête nationale 2016 : Pavoisement, programme des animations et informations pratiques ** translation **

Before posting please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Enjoy and happy posting!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom