National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caroline received the order ' in french 'commandeur du mérite culturel' from Albert on november 2005. I think it was this order she wore yesterday evening.
the order of Saint Charles has different grades, more the order is high more is the sash wider. Charlene has the highest grade just after Albert who is the 'grand maitre' of this order.
the palace did not make a mistake but here there are so many people who are not pleased thet they say,stupid things
Charlene was splendid yesterday evening
Caroline was in the st Charles order. She was wearing the female version which like all orders is a slimer version of the male one. Grace, princess Antoinette and rainer's mother were all pictured wearing the version Caroline wore which is the only female version there is that's why I don't understand what Charlene was wearing.

Caroline was in the st Charles order. She was wearing the female version which like all orders is a slimer version of the male one. Grace, princess Antoinette and rainer's mother were all pictured wearing the version Caroline wore which is the only female version there is that's why I don't understand what Charlene was wearing.
I agree. It's not a matter of being "higher" in position. There's a female and a male version of the sash. Charlene seemed to have been wearing the male one.
Maybe it was a mistake, it happens. No need to say that "people that are not pleased by Charlene say stupid things"...that's not respecting everybody's opinion.

Last edited:
Consider this that instead of wearing the sash Albert gave her to keep as originally boxed she wore his.

Caroline received the order ' in french 'commandeur du mérite culturel' from Albert on november 2005. I think it was this order she wore yesterday evening.
the order of Saint Charles has different grades, more the order is high more is the sash wider. Charlene has the highest grade just after Albert who is the 'grand maitre' of this order.
the palace did not make a mistake but here there are so many people who are not pleased thet they say,stupid things

If you knew how childish and silly you sound when bashing everyone for not liking or only commenting on your precious Charlene. Get the facts straight before making a fool of yourself. I can´t understand why moderators do not delete your constant aggressions.

Elle est Grand-croix de l'ordre de Saint-Charles, la plus haute distinction monégasque. Elle est aussi depuis 2005, Commandeur de l'Ordre du Mérite Culturel (Ordonnance Souveraine n° 254 du 9 novembre 2005).

Caroline de Monaco - Wikipédia

Consider this that instead of wearing the sash Albert gave her to keep as originally boxed she wore his.

I think there are perhaps 2 options
1) the box she was given with the Order contained the male sash in error but it was not noticed until the 11th hour
2) Albert has abolished the female version of the sash and now both male and females will wear the same sash rather like the Garter.

Either way it is hardly an error on the part of Charlene.

I think there are perhaps 2 options
1) the box she was given with the Order contained the male sash in error but it was not noticed until the 11th hour
2) Albert has abolished the female version of the sash and now both male and females will wear the same sash rather like the Garter.

Either way it is hardly an error on the part of Charlene.
I didn't say it was an error on Charlene's part. I personally don't see what the problem is about the sash size in the first place the reason I stated my opinion as a possible explanation. I also haven't noticed Albert wearing the sash since Rainier passed away because he wears what the reigning Prince does. http://www.palais.mc/monaco/root/bank/thumbs/T6-2891.jpg

Thanks for that info, Lady Mac, didn't know that the reigning prince doesn't wear the sash. All of this is very new to me, but fascinating, nonetheless. Learning something new everyday...

Call me Hawkeye but if you look at the box containing the st Charles order he gave to the female president of Lithuania one can see the sash is again the thin female version as it is folded neatly behind the medal. I noticed that in comparison the sash in PC's box is very large and bulky looking so clearly the female version hasn't been abolished. As far as what the reigning prince should wear it's true that Rainer stopped wearing the sash (which BTW he still wore as reigning prince for many years) and replaced it with wearing the collar of the order. Albert wears this on NH during the day but never wears it day or night at any other official events at home or abroad so ends up wearing no order at all.

Last edited:
Perhaps Albert lent her his old St.Charles' sash?:ROFLMAO: but seriously,why give her the wrong sash? It's the highest condecoration of the country and they did'nt bother to check if she got the right one? nobody from the protocol or family noticed she was wearing the male version? Weird.

Last edited:
They all look so miserable. Its more like a funeral or memorial service. Even the clothes are dark and a tad sad. ISn't this supposed to be a happy occasion?
What Princess Charlene is wearing to the Cathedral is something we would normally see on Kate in England[but this hat and English style suits Kate and not Charlene] and Princess Charlene looks like the undertaker's wife .I like her in more vibrant or light colours.
I agree that this family does appear miserable in the photos. Or that could be overly serious..

Albert, Caroline, Andrea and Pierre

US Ambassador salutes the memory of Princess Grace

Monaco Life

Albert, Caroline, Andrea and Pierre

US Ambassador salutes the memory of Princess Grace

Monaco Life

Thanks a lot rosana - I've moved your post to this thread here as the event also had something to do with the National Day celebrations. The Mount Whitney Sailors participated in a parade through the city, provided tours of the ship, and met with senior local officials. Also while in port, the U.S. ambassador to France hosted the mentioned reception aboard the ship, it marked the 156th anniversary of the independence of Monaco.

One more pic of Albert is included here:

** The USS Mount Whitney Visits Monaco For National Day Celebrations **

And here's another gallery of the opera event:

** parismatch.com: Charlène et Albert. Sur un air de Puccini **

Was there any dress code this year? Three ladies with a hat, it had never happened!
I don't really like Charlene's hat, it's too small. Charlotte's one is too big, and it seems that she so pleased to hide in it.
Both Caroline and Stéphanie look great!

Hum, I know that it is out of subject, but I can't help myself wondering who paid french motorcyclists...

stephanie, this year has a good look..but 'as she has aged badly .. ok. not resorted to surgery, but she shows so many years in more..

Thanks for your video too,I noticed that both Andrea and Pierre were in uniforms,does anyone know what they were?

The more I see Andrea attending events with Albert and in uniform standing with Caroline and Albert the more I see him as Albert's heir. I don't expect Albert and Charlene to have children, though I hope they will. Before Andrea's wedding I think we will see him change his surname to Grimaldi.

I´ve noticed that from a few years now Pierre looks uncomfortable and annoyed at public events. I know youre supposed to look serious and constrained in formal receptions, but he tries so hard that he often comes across as rude. In the video posted by Iceflower he didnt even applaud when everyone else did! Maybe he just wasnt paying attention, but still...It kind of shocks me, as I had the impression that he was the most outgoing of the Casiraghi Trio as he always seemed cheerful when he was a teenager. Even Andrea who is usually a bit awkward and shy looks more at ease in this kind of events. I wonder why Pierre even attends if he doesnt feel like doing so? I guess Caroline must be very persuasive ;)
Im sorry, I know this thread probably isnt the best place to put this up, its just that the video made me realized it

That really is a great collection,especially nice to hear Princess Caroline :flowers:

C4A, Albert wore his orders in medals . There is also the french order 'legion d'honneur', this evening there was on monaco channel a short report when Albert gave the orders of Saint Charles to Charlene.

There we go again. Not only you are not getting the information you are presenting correct, but you are yet again insulting anyone who only dares to say a little less of Charlene than what you allow. It's about time to stop insulting people and understand not everyone will like what you like and not everyone will say what you want them to say. We are ALL entitled to our opinions, not only you, and our opinions are not stupid.

To you maybe she was splendid; to someone else she may have looked bad. And either case everyone is entitled to say so, without you bashing them.

Your posts are getting more and more aggressive if only someone will say something you don't like about Charlene. I think you need to take a few deep breaths before posting another insult here.

National Day 2013 - Monaco

MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

This is the thread dedicated to the National Day celebrations 2013!

They will take place on Monday, November 18th and Tuesday,
November 19th, 2013, additional events take place the preceding days.

Take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the National Day
in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 or at the special thread A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco.

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Enjoy and happy posting!

Well, i must admit that i'm looking forward to see wich members of the princely family will attend the festivities... So many questions...
1. Will Charlotte be present this year? :curtsey: 2. Will the Andrea and Tatiana be there? :hug: 3. If so, will they present Sacha to the monegasques? :baby: So many novelties... Such expectation... Oh my... :ohmy:

Will there be any tiaras this year? So many questions!

I don't think Charlotte will attend, I doubt Tati and Andrea will, too. I hope Stephanie will attend the gala!

Charlene has really grown into her role and looks and acts every bit the Serene Highness now. The difference between her demeanor now and from even a year ago is simply astonishing.:ohmy:

Nope. It's definitely not my imagination.

Will there be any tiaras this year? So many questions!

I don't think Charlotte will attend, I doubt Tati and Andrea will, too. I hope Stephanie will attend the gala!

I agree with you, but hopefully Pierre and Beatrice will. I love seeing them the most out of all the Casiraghi couples. They are so glamorous and beautiful.:whistling:

And it would be awesome if they started wearing tiaras!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom