National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those vegetarians don't do it because they love animals, but they simply follow a diet which doesn't contain meat but fish. Therefore they do it for their health. There're maany types of vegetarians but i cannot type them here:)
Ok! Yeah, i knew there were different types.
Thanks azure! :)

National Day 2012 - Monaco

MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

This is the thread dedicated to the National Day celebrations 2012!

They will take place on Sunday, November 18th and Monday,
November 19th, 2012, additional events take place the preceding days.

Take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the National Day
in 2011, 2010, 2009 or at the special thread A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco.

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Enjoy and happy posting!

The Princely Palace has released the programme for this year's National Day celebrations today, November 15:

Thursday, November 15
14 H 30 Presentation of Medals of work by the Minister of State Oceanographic Museum
17 H 30 Presentation of Medals of Honor volunteers by Prince Hall of Mirrors

Friday, November 16
09 H 30 Medal of Honor Ceremony (Public) Oceanographic Museum
11 H 15 Socket Weapons and decorations ceremony by the Minister of State at the Grimaldi Forum Canopy
15 H 30 discount Medal of Honor (Centre Hospitalier Princesse Grace) Oceanographic Museum

Saturday, November 17
10 H 30 Discount packages to the Monegasque Red Cross by TSH Prince and Princess and HSH Princess Stephanie Monaco Red Cross
15 H 00 Medals for Physical Education and Sport by HSH Prince Ministry of State
17 H 15 Presentation ceremony in the Orders of St. Charles and Grimaldi by HSH Prince ,Throne Room

Sunday, November 18
9 H 45 Presentation of Medals of Merit National Blood by Prince, Throne Room
10 H 30 Medals for the Recognition of the Monegasque Red Cross by Prince Blue Room
11 H 30 Discount Decorations of Cultural Merit by HRH the Princess of Hanover Blue Room
14 H 30 Discount Packages by HSH Princess Stephanie Foyer Rainier III
18 H 30 Reception of the Diplomatic Corps and Consular Corps Large apartments
20 H 30 Fireworks Port of Monaco
21 H 00 Dinner in honor of Ambassadors Salle Belle Epoque, Hotel Hermitage

Monday, November 19
10 H 00 Te Deum Monaco Cathedral
11 H 20 Taking delivery of arms and badges of rank and medals Courtyard
11 H 40 Socket Weapons and military parade Palace Square (Hall of Mirrors)
13 H 00 Lunch Official Throne Room
20 H 00 Gala "La Fanciulla del West" by Giacomo Puccini Grimaldi Forum

For those who are interested, the Palace this year offers a large and very interesting overview of the mass, the prayers, the medals and much more:

** source: palais.mc: Dossier de presse Fête Nationale ** translation **​

Last edited:
If PC receives the order of St Charles would it be today at the presentation ceremony with the other recipients?

It would be so nice to see Andrea and Tatiana in the balcony of the palace next monday... sigh...

Is it possible to watch any of the events live? I expected Monaco Info to carry it, but nothing. Would love to know whether P Charlene received an order today...

Last edited:
Congratulations to PCharlene!
Does this mean we will see the orders at the gala as they did couple of years ago?
Btw, are there any videos?

^ohh please let it be true!!! now that Charlene has an order, i think they should bring back the tiaras for the National day gala like years before.

Congratulations to PCharlene on being awarded the Order. And what a lovely photo too -- they both seem so proud!

:previous:

Indeed, it's a very nice pic of them - I'll keep that in mind for our pictures of the month :)

Is it possible to watch any of the events live? I expected Monaco Info to carry it, but nothing.

The following National Day events can be watched live via monacochannel.mc

Sunday, 8:30 pm (2:30 pm EST): Fireworks display

Monday, 10:00 am (4 am EST): Te Deum Mass

Monday, 11:30 am (5:30 am EST): Military Parade

I know it is a tradition in the family, but I also know it is given to people who "works for the country" so, what a joke!!:ROFLMAO: Attending fashion shows in Paris has been of great sevice to the country, according to Albert:lol:

I would be thrilled to see Tatiana on the balcony but I don´t build so much hope so that I won´t be desilusioned, but I hope!

thanks, Iceflower, for the info. Will certainly watch...

Who decides to whom Orders/ Medals should be awarded? Is there a panel or does PAlbert decide?

I know it is a tradition in the family, but I also know it is given to people who "works for the country" so, what a joke!!:ROFLMAO: Attending fashion shows in Paris has been of great sevice to the country, according to Albert:lol:

I would be thrilled to see Tatiana on the balcony but I don´t build so much hope so that I won´t be desilusioned, but I hope!
I wouldn't get too hung up over what PC has or hasn't done considering that most senior royals get their honours by virtue of their position as Grace, Daniel, Mary, Philip etc all did.

Last edited:
What for?!?! :lol: :whistling: :lol:

From Wikipedia: « This order rewards service to the State or Prince »

What is your point? Most consorts (Philip, Claus, Fabiola, Paola, MT, Mette Marit, Sonja, Silvia, Daniel, Henrik, Mary, Maxima, Grace, etc) have received their nations highest honours very early in their marriages. Why do you feel it should have been different with Prince Albert's spouse who is now Princess Consort of Monaco? Perhaps it is just another opportunity for some posters to enjoy their favorite game of belittling Charlene. Fail.

Last edited:
Congrats to Princess Charlene. I think senior royals should receive their Orders after their marriage and for their service to the Sovereign and Nation.

It would be nice if the royal family of Monaco brought back their regalia events.

:previous:

Indeed, it's a very nice pic of them - I'll keep that in mind for our pictures of the month :)

The following National Day events can be watched live via monacochannel.mchttp://www.monacochannel.mc/Le-Direct

Sunday, 8:30 pm (2:30 pm EST): Fireworks display

Monday, 10:00 am (4 am EST): Te Deum Mass

Monday, 11:30 am (5:30 am EST): Military Parade

Thanks for providing the link and times so we can watch the events.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't - I'm going to school on Monday :( Will it be recorded or replayed in the afternoon?

Congratulations to Princess Charlene! :flowers: Apart from deserving the order (as the princess consort), she also earned it through hard work and dedication. She looked wonderful at both events, and I especially love the picture of her and PA when he handed her the order –– they're both beaming; proud and happy. We occasionally get glimpses of what their private life must be like, and this is such a moment.

Congratulations to Princess Charlene on her newest honour and I can't wait to see her wearing it. Hopefully along w/a tiara.

As for those posters who seem to always be the same ones spouting venom, and not just at Charlene, I have a question...Why are you here? Last time I looked, this is a forum for those who are interested in Royalty and the various Royal Families and their Members. Does that mean we can't say anything critical about them? Of course not. If someone screws up in a massive way, then they deserve whatever comes their way.

There's a big difference between that and what some posters around here indulge in and I just don't get why on earth if they hate the Royals so much, they don't go and find a forum w/others who share their views and spout their venom there. It just seems such a waste of time and not only that, but really sad how some people spend their time attacking people they'll never know for whatever reason. :(

Too many events (and news) from Monaco that I'm struggling to keep up... not complaining at all, though.

Happy that Charlene now has an order YAY!
Can't wait for tomorrow, hope to see the order with a tiara, although I know there probably won't be a tiara.

Details about the decoration

Mad for Monaco

there are details about the ceremony of yesterday in monaco matin. to day

it was a privat ceremony in presence of Princess Caroline , princess Stéphanie, the father and the brother of Charlène . Many Dignitaries as prime Minister of state Mr Roger, Mrg Barsi, the grand chancelier de l'ordre , the president of the council of the crown and so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on these fabulous photos, Charlene and Stephanie appear to genuinely like each other. Great for Monaco.

Back
Top Bottom