National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched a video from the mass on National Day. Charlene's behavior was very weird. For the most of the time, she was calm and respectful during the mass. But in the moment when a bishop (Barsi?) mentioned marriage and her name, Charlene behaved as if she wanted to burst in laugh, as if Mr. Barsi said something funny. She smiled, but her smile was something between arrogance and laugh she tired to control. For next few minutes she looked as if she tried stopping herself from laughing. Odd.:ermm: CW was smiling very arrogant way during celebrations, something that not only I spotted here. On other royal boards many people saw her behavior the same way: as arrogant.
The same as some poster here, I think Albert behaves very stiff with CW, and he has been with her 4 years now. :ohmy:
This National Day sets a lot of red flags about this relationship & and Charlene's attitude. JMO.

I just watched a video from the mass on National Day. Charlene's behavior was very weird. For the most of the time, she was calm and respectful during the mass. But in the moment when a bishop (Barsi?) mentioned marriage and her name, Charlene behaved as if she wanted to burst in laugh, as if Mr. Barsi said something funny. She smiled, but her smile was something between arrogance and laugh she tired to control. For next few minutes she looked as if she tried stopping herself from laughing. Odd.:ermm: CW was smiling very arrogant way during celebrations, something that not only I spotted here. On other royal boards many people saw her behavior the same way: as arrogant.
The same as some poster here, I think Albert behaves very stiff with CW, and he has been with her 4 years now. :ohmy:
This National Day sets a lot of red flags about this relationship & and Charlene's attitude. JMO.

i don't know... i disagree. Charlene was very nervous, the National Day is a huge challenge. All monegasques were looking at her, it was her presentation.

And honestly I amazed that everyone is focused on Charlene's hat when Stephanie looked like she just rolled out of bed, put a comb thru her hair and made a stop to do National Day in between errands.

Zonk, i'm 100% with you when it comes to Stephanie's outfit! But hey... this is Stephanie we're talking about and we're already used to her « extravagant » taste in clothes...Uiii!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
As for Charlene, Hola calls her « gorgeous »... Uiii!!! :argh: :argh: :argh:
Take a look... Revista ¡HOLA! - Sumario

It doesn't work, but i had this gala and there are photos of Charlene and albert taken inside the palace at "galerie des glaces", there is an interview of Prince Albert of Monaco just after the balcony show, he said he is pleased to have Charlene with him and her energy, her humour and her generosity will help him to support his "charge", she wishes to be abide him in the acts which will come, there is an interview of the niece of Armani who is friend with Charlene, there are reports about casiraghi Family, the children of Stephanie and her battle for the persons who are ill of sida. There are interview of the chief of cooking at the palace, and so on, a revue which is very well

i love charlotte's and caroline's outfit! they both look really classy, but that's nothing new. as for charlene, i'm not quite sure if i like what she's wearing but i don't understand what's the big deal with the hat. we've seen worse things from stephanie, several times.
have you guys seen this pic?

http://i54.tinypic.com/28a14y9.jpg

take a look at alexandra's purse. it's the sweetest thing ever.

source: zimbio

Last edited by a moderator:

This video tells me that Ms. Charlene is going to do well as Princess of Monaco. She is a little self-conscious, but who wouldn't be? I think once the wedding is over, she will be able to relax and will do all that is expected of her, including speaking fluent Franch. I don't think we need worry about PA's choice at all.

Warms my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I must be the only person who loved that hat. It definitely reminded me of Old School Hollywood starlet (not Grace just the generalization). But it would have better if it was worn at Royal Ascot. And it looked strange that she had that hat on when Stephanie and Caroline did not.

And honestly I amazed that everyone is focused on Charlene's hat when Stephanie looked like she just rolled out of bed, put a comb thru her hair and made a stop to do National Day in between errands.

There's something about the Grimaldi girls that can do no wrong. Perhaps it's the "bad girl" assumption that a lot of people like amongst royals or celebrities.

I think her hat was selected, at least in part, to draw attention to her. The hat is in keeping with what other royals are wearing and I loved it. She was elegant and more at ease than not. The lady is stunning and when she moves from "swimmer", as some call her, to princess, I think she'll do just fine.

Last edited:
I like the suit and hat and yes it stood out but the Monegasque royals have been a bit boring when it comes to dressing and looking like royals.

I still don't think Charlene will make a suitable consort but obviously it doesn't matter what I think and the ball is rolling towards a wedding.

National Day 2011 - Monaco

MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

This is the thread dedicated to the National Day celebrations 2011!

They will take place on Friday, November 18th and Saturday,
November 19th, 2011, additional events take place the preceding days.

Take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the National Day
in 2010, 2009,2008 or at the special thread A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco.

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Enjoy and happy posting!

I just saw on Monaco info that there will be showing a lot of activity around the Fete Nationale.
Now showing Prince Albert honoring people with the Medailles D'Honneur aux Benevoles.
Tomorrow at 10:30 it starts with Charlene and Stephanie handing out gifts to the Red Cross. And after this nearly the whole day they'll show something!

http://www.gouv.mc/304/wwwnew.nsf/1909!/x3Fr?OpenDocument&3Fr

I can't post anything on the National Day 2011 yet. But I found something interesting: the schedule, and I think that's the program at Monaco info for the days. So maybe one of the mods can place it there!

Fête Nationale Monégasque 2011 - CityOut Monaco

Full programme (public events in bold)

Tuesday 15 November

2.30pm Presentation of Medals of Honour by the Minister of State at the Oceanographic Museum
5.30pm Presentation of Medals and Distinctions by HSH Prince Albert II in the Hall of Mirrors, Palace of Monaco, followed by a reception

Wednesday 16 November
9.30am Presentation of Medals for Public Service)
3.00pm: For children aged 3-10 years: "Les aventures magiques" (Salle du Canton)
3.30pm Presentation of Medals (Princess Grace Hospital)

Thursday 17 November
10.30am Presentation of packages to the Red Cross by TSH Princesses Charlene and Stephanie
11.15am Grimaldi Forum: Ceremony of the Guard and presentation of medals
3.00pm Presentation of Medals for Physical Education and Medals of the Ministry of Sport by HSH Prince Albert II
5.15pm Prince's Palace, Throne Room: Presentation of the Orders of St Charles and Grimaldi

Friday 18 November

9.45am Prince's Palace, Throne Room: Presentation of Blood Donor medals
10.30am Prince's Palace Blue Chamber: Presentation of Red Cross medals
11.30am Prince's palace: Presentation of Order of Cultural Merit by the Princess of Hanover
2.30pm Foyer of the Auditorium Rainier III. Presentation of packages to Senior Citizens of Monaco by Princess Stephanie
5.00pm: Prince's Palace, Hall of Mirrors: Presentation to two recipients of La Légion d'Honneur
6.00pm: Diplomatic Corps reception
8.30pm: Hotel Hermitage: Ambassadorial dinner
9.00pm: Firework display and bonfire (Avenue de la Porte Neuve and on the Ramparts)
10.00pm: For children 10 and above: comedy with Roland Magdane 'Attention c'est show' (Salle du Canton)

Saturday 19 November: National Day
10.00am: Thanksgiving Mass and Te Deum in Monaco Cathedral
11.15am: Prince's Palace: Ceremony of the Guard in the Court of Honour. Presentation of badges and medals to the Police and Security Officers of the palace, by HSH Prince Albert
11.30am: Palace Square: Ceremony of the Guard
1.00pm: Official lunch (Throne Room)
6.30pm: Cocktail party for Diplomatic Corps
8.00pm Grimaldi Forum: Gala Soirée (invitation only) in the Salle des Princes. Opera Monte Carlo presents 'Mefistofele' by Arrigo Boito

Sunday 20 November

5.00pm: Gospel concert for children 10 and above with the Golden Gate Quartet (Salle du Canton)

Here are two pics of the medal ceremonies at the Princely Palace yesterday, November 15.

The first pic shows Prince Albert with the receivers of the Médailles d’Honneur aux Bénévoles
- the medals of honour for the volunteers, on the second pic you can see retired palace staff
members who were honoured for their work.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I wonder if he will make his wife a Dame Grand Cross of the Order of St. Charles as part of the National Day celebrations. I think it would be a nice time to do so.

Don't think me wrong, but...did Charlene do something that worths she receives that order, or just because she is the wife of the Sovereign she has to receive it?

Well her late mother in law received the Order of St Charles after her civil wedding ceremony so I would suggest being the Consort of the Sovereign Prince is qualification enough......much like in any other monarchy. Guess we will have to wait to see her wearing the order to know what Albert has decided.

Well her late mother in law received the Order of St Charles after her civil wedding ceremony so I would suggest being the Consort of the Sovereign Prince is qualification enough......much like in any other monarchy. Guess we will have to wait to see her wearing the order to know what Albert has decided.
I didn't know that, thanks!
:flowers:

Mary of Denmark received and was pictured wearing The Danish Order of the Elephant before she even married Prince Frederick and Daniel Westling received and wore The Order of the Seraphim on his wedding day. Likewise in Britain Prince Philip received the Order of the Garter before marrying Princess Elizabeth in 1947 ie if you are a senior Royal you don't have to EARN your stripes!

Last edited:
Ok, i guess then we'll see her wearing the Order in the Opera Gala. Or in the Balcony? I think if she has it, she'll wear it on the Opera Gala. With the Ocean Tiara. I would suppose that.
Is it Stephanie or Caroline that has one of those Orders? of St Charles or of Grimaldi. I think i read it somewhere but i'm not sure.

Caroline received the Order of St Charles from her father. She received the Order of Cultural Merit from Albert. Stephanie received the Order of the Grimaldi from Albert.

Is the thin red and white Order sash we've seen in portraits of Grace the Grimaldi Order or The Order of St. Charles? Never knew Monaco had more than the one till I started reading the postings in this thread. Thanks for the new info Everyone, as my knowledge of Monaco and her Royals is pretty basic. :eek:)

Ok, i guess then we'll see her wearing the Order in the Opera Gala. Or in the Balcony? I think if she has it, she'll wear it on the Opera Gala. With the Ocean Tiara. I would suppose that.
Is it Stephanie or Caroline that has one of those Orders? of St Charles or of Grimaldi. I think i read it somewhere but i'm not sure.

probably. But i'm not sure if she will wear it at the Opera. Caroline used to wear it at the Opera but has stopped to do since 2006.

I also had no idea of the Grimaldi women wearing orders :D

Edit: I'm watching Monaco info right now but they don't seem to go live, at least not now.

Last edited:
Edit: I'm watching Monaco info right now but they don't seem to go live, at least not now.
It is online now with a review of the presentations of medals for legion d'honneur

Last edited:
Princess Charlene is nice and I am happy to see Princess Stephanie with the princely couple.

there are also photos of the red cross event on
MYROYALS

Wonderful photographs. Charlene has become quite a busy Princess indeed. Good for her as she really seems to be enjoying her new role. Nice to see Princess Stephanie with them as well.

Back
Top Bottom