National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She doesn´t need to show her breasts to be vulgar, it is enough to insinuate. On the contrary, I would like not to read so many condescending comments, but this is a forum and everyone is entitled to whatever opinion, even those statement like "I am happy for the couple", that I saw repeated a thousand times, around the board. It is pretty sad that people are happy for people they don´t know. Buty as I said, each one his own.

As for the dress, I cannot imagine a less apropriate one for a gala at the opera, it would have been good in a mediocre actress looking for media attention at a premiere. She doesn´t know at all how to dress for this type of events. And don´t blame the PR again please! So what? does it mean I have something against her? If I have to say it again, no!! The fact that she has a terrible taste doesn´t make her my enemy. I don´t care either who marries P A. Anyone in that position will have to face more than difficult circumstances. I am not sure if this woman knows whare she is getting into.
The sad looks on Caroline says a lot. She has always spoken through her body language and dressing style.

Let's see....you don't understand, or you find it "sad" that one can be happy that someone they have never met has found success or happiness....but you CAN understand being relentlessly vicious and uncharitable toward someone YOU don't know?? :sad: That is perverse, quite frankly.

And unless you have received special training in body language or know Princess Caroline personally it is absurd to say she is only "pretending" to be pleased with her future sister-in-law.

Last edited:
I like Charlene's hat but not her clothes. The pattern is very old. I fancy Charlotte's dress and it was a good thing she had her hair in a bun. Pss Alexandra is very cute.

Let's see....you don't understand, or find it "sad" that one can be happy that someone they have never met has found success or happiness....but you CAN understand being relentlessly vicious and uncharitable toward someone YOU don't know?? :sad: That is perverse, quite frankly.

That was going to be my question. If it's "sad" to say you're happy for someone, even if you don't know them......what's the correct thing to say? That you wish them nothing but misery and pain? That you hope they only know sadness and tears for the rest of their lives? I don't get that. I don't have to physically be friends with any of the royals discussed on this site to hope they have happy marriages, healthy children, peaceful reigns and the like. It's just basic human decency.

You can't see her breasts, so I don't know what on earth you're talking about. Every photo of her I've seen in the evening gown, her bosoms are covered. You can't even see cleavage.

You know, you can dislike someone without resorting to making things up. I think we all get it, most of you dislike this woman for reasons known only unto you (and frankly, it should stay that way) but for the love of cheese and crackers, can we please stop with the overblown, melodramatic posts? Some of you are talking about her like she burned your house down, drove your car into a tree, called your mother a derogatory word and then stole your dog.

:lol::lol::lol:Many posters act as if Charlene personally snubbed them whilst viewing them (the posters) from the palace balcony. Oh Charlene - s'il vous plaît - give them back their dog!:lol::lol::lol:

Charlene looked a little apprehensive to me, she appeared relaxed and seemed to enjoy herself when she was in the company of Stephanie, Andrea and other members of the Grimaldi clan. Give her time and she will do a nice job as consort of Prince Albert.

I think Charlene looked great. I do not understand all the hatred towards her. She has not done anything wrong yet.

I agree. Prince Albert is not my relative, I am not Monégasque so I don't care who he marries. Charlene has a difficult job ahead of her and I wish her well.

Last edited:
It´s not important what you wear, but how you look. You can wear Armani, and still look vulgar. And the dress is not for a gala!! Get over
I agree. Charlene had pretty suit and nice hat, IMO, but she was not glamorous. Something was missing. She does not have this X factor. The suit was wearing her. :neutral:

CW's gala dress was just bad. It was too tight and revealing. So I agree with you rosana, that this dress made Charlene looking vulgar. The designer dress is not everything.

I also think Stephanie looked bad. Her hair was a mess. This ponytail looked sad and not right at National Day.

Why Grimaldis continue to dress in these sad, dark colors.:ermm: Even Charlotte looked sad, although she was stunning like always. Caroline was not glamorous enough. Maybe I have very high expectations from her, she's my favorite royal.:)

Last edited:
Hey, you are entitled to your own taste!

I think she looks like she´s trying to catch attention too hard!! It is a National Day, not CW day. She could´nt have chosen a less appropriate dress for a gala where all the elite, rich and snob people of Monaco are going to attend in a tight strapless that marked her bulky fake breasts. It is not the occasion! Of course the media will use words like stunning, amazing, glamourous, beautiful. They, as well as Albert have to "sell" a new princess. I dont buy it.

Now you make me laugh! The "elite" people of Monaco! Consisting of football players and tax refugees! And then this ridiculous talking of Charlene being not good enough for the "Souvereign Prince Albert" and representing Monaco abroad! Are you all that ignorant? The "Souvereigns" of Monaco are hardly ever invited at any meeting of importance, they are the laughing stock of royal Europe and do not play any role of importance on a world scale. Their single role is to amuse us, which they have done very well so far.

I don't think most of you understand the concept of Monaco or Monaco in itself really ... cut it back a little. You're not supposed to shoot your arrows at anyone. Who do you think you are?! Well I guess this is the old bottom line question again ... What is it you're doing here?
Just because there are a few pictures where Caroline and Stephanie look serious doesn't mean they have a problem with the situation or their soon-to-be sister-in-law whatsoever .... and just because you want the drama doesn't make it exist...this is not a tv show.

I hope that CW continues to dress like the Princesses of other Royal Families ie the big hats etc. In the same way I hope that she is not tiara-shy like albert's sisters and wears them when appropriate, just like other Royals do, along with her Order which I beleive in Monaco will be the Order of St Charles, am I right? I think that in years gone by other Royal Families havn't really taken the Monaco Royal House seriously mainly because some of it's members didn't seem to take being Royal seriously themselves but I get the impression that many European Royals will already be impressed by CW. In the Tatler interview it was said that she has become friendly with Sophie Wessex and she was having lunch with King Juan Carlos when the interview was over. I think that this Monaco wedding will see a good turnout of Royals and I hope the bride has a lovely diamond tiara on her head even though I suppose that will probably result in an outcry from members of this forum for reasons that are beyond me.

All i can see is that Charlene brought something "new" and "fresh" in Monaco. She has a nice aura in there and i think that Monaco needed that change. I like seeing her with the royal family. She is lovely and perfect as Albert's wife. It's logical for her to be nervous as it was her FIRST appearance in the National day.
Anyway, this pic of Steph and Charlene is really nice:
http://i51.tinypic.com/22ywer.jpg

Last edited:
Azure, Steph is probably laughing at THE HAT.....

What I would like to know is: Did she take Holy Communion ??

Hey, you are entitled to your own taste!

I think she looks like she´s trying to catch attention too hard!! It is a National Day, not CW day. She could´nt have chosen a less appropriate dress for a gala where all the elite, rich and snob people of Monaco are going to attend in a tight strapless that marked her bulky fake breasts. It is not the occasion! Of course the media will use words like stunning, amazing, glamourous, beautiful. They, as well as Albert have to "sell" a new princess. I dont buy it.

An do not make assumptions about me please.
:ROFLMAO:

Oh geez, I'm not even going into this.

Thank you everyone for the pictures - CW lookes absolutely fantastic good choice for Albert:)
Everyone else looks great as well. And am very happy to see clean-cut Andrea again, have to say that preppy look suits him much better than the hip style he usually wears:)
Not gonna go through the critique people are pouring down all over Charlene - some of it is subjective personal opinion and well expressed (i.e. Tosca's comments) and, even though I think differently, I find it interesting to read their point of view. But majority just critisise whatever she does just because they like doing that, rather than for a reason, and I am just wondering what wrong that woman has done to them for them to pop up and find fault with her every time she makes an appearance. Quite sad, actually.

Azure, Steph is probably laughing at THE HAT.....

What I would like to know is: Did she take Holy Communion ??

Unless she has converted, the Archbishop would not have approached CW with the Eucharist.

I am sure Charlene knows it would be a huge no-no to do something like that...at least I hope so. :ermm:

With all this talk of charlene I'm going to bring up Charlotte. She looked so like Grace in these pictures. It is just astounding. Sometimes I see her and she is all Caroline. Sometimes all Grace and sometimes she pulls an expression just like her father.

Monaco National Day she was all Grace.

Nothing wrong with what Charlene wore but really it wasn't in keeping with the others. I don't know if this was intentional or not but really it wasn't the best idea. They should have all gone very glam or all dressed down elegantly. She stood out like a soar thumb. The right note wasn't hit. It's like if everyone in the British royal family turn up where elegant black outfits on trooping of the colour day and there was Kate in a sky scraper hat and colourful suit. It wouldn't work.

If I remember correctly, Letizia did not wear a diademe but a mantilla. :flowers:

Edit: Charlotte_Aster was faster, I was trying to find a picture as proof. ;)

Monaco national day brings the whole family together. In any case, with four beautiful ladies on the palace balcony, Monaco offers lots for fashion watchers to ponder,each woman with her own personal style. Perhaps Charlene will quit favoring strapless dresses. IMO not the best choices in style as she has unusually broad shoulders. Princess Stephanie has broad athletic shoulders also, but not as obvious. Both women have had breast augmentation; this can present challenges for a princess when choosing appropriate gowns for public duties. Both Charlene and Stephanie wore suits for La Fête Nationale that were figure-hugging. Both ladies have great physiques, but I prefer the style and choices of Caroline; age appropriate, and Charlotte; young and fun.

I hope that people quit bashing on Charlene. In one photo her expression is somber, another she smiles, another maybe she is beginning to blink. With each snap of the camera shutter, emotions and attitudes are attributed to her. All she has to do is show up, walk into the room and some people pounce on her.

Last edited:
Now you make me laugh! The "elite" people of Monaco! Consisting of football players and tax refugees! And then this ridiculous talking of Charlene being not good enough for the "Souvereign Prince Albert" and representing Monaco abroad! Are you all that ignorant? The "Souvereigns" of Monaco are hardly ever invited at any meeting of importance, they are the laughing stock of royal Europe and do not play any role of importance on a world scale. Their single role is to amuse us, which they have done very well so far.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Of course. The Cathedral and the Palais Garnier were full of football players and tax refugees. We all know how much players and Formula 1 drivers like the Opera!

The Souvereign Prince of Monaco was invited to ALL the royal weddings and anniversaries the last 20 years, when he started attending in name of his father.

Read somnethig about Monaco once in a while, read about its social classes, find out who are invited to formal ceremonies and then call me ignorant!! I have been following Monaco royals for 25 years, you are not going to teach me anything.

Even though i am not the moderator of the forum, i would like to tell that there is no need to have these reactions. We are many members and it is logical to have many opinions, too. But i think that we don't have to be very close minded or don't accept the opinions of other people.
For some members Charlene is likeable and for some others not. That's ok and respected. But we should better not continue because i see we won't have a nice ending in this discussion.:flowers:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Of course. The Cathedral and the Palais Garnier were full of football players and tax refugees. We all know how much players and Formula 1 drivers like the Opera!

The Souvereign Prince of Monaco was invited to ALL the royal weddings and anniversaries the last 20 years, when he started attending in name of his father.

Read somnethig about Monaco once in a while, read about its social classes, find out who are invited to formal ceremonies and then call me ignorant!! I have been following Monaco royals for 25 years, you are not going to teach me anything.

CALM. DOWN. And congratulations on being a student for 25 years of Monaco royals. That must be so life fullfilling.

Time to move on and to get back to the topic of this thread! Thanks!

Thank you everyone for the pictures - CW lookes absolutely fantastic good choice for Albert:)
Everyone else looks great as well. And am very happy to see clean-cut Andrea again, have to say that preppy look suits him much better than the hip style he usually wears:)
Not gonna go through the critique people are pouring down all over Charlene - some of it is subjective personal opinion and well expressed (i.e. Tosca's comments) and, even though I think differently, I find it interesting to read their point of view. But majority just critisise whatever she does just because they like doing that, rather than for a reason, and I am just wondering what wrong that woman has done to them for them to pop up and find fault with her every time she makes an appearance. Quite sad, actually.
I really like how Andrea is looking lately. At National Day he look relaxed and quite happy too. Must be a relief that his auncle is getting married:flowers:
I love his cut clean style now. He made me change my avatar!

I thought the Casiraghi/deMassy group looked wonderful.
Elisabeth-Ann didn't look well - hope she's alright.

Do people think that Andrea is relieved or disappointed??
Surely his position has not changed - so far....

Charlotte's attitude on balcony has changed a lot over the past few years. She used to be basically cute, friendly looking, little Caroline. Now, obviously, she has this 'Only hanging out with people with certain level of ... whatever' vibe. She looks a bit tired of everything, as if she had been everywhere, met everone, and looks as arrogant as ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene looked wonderful in both outfits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom