The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Nobility

What they need to do is to look back at photos of previous National Day celebrations and analyze how their parents managed to make them appear, well, more like celebrations! Grace always appeared extremely incredible even later in life, with her weight gain. She managed to make Monaco appear more important and significant.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

Almost all family members appeared that I hoped would be present at National day. Almost, because there were no Steph's children.
BTW, Steph looked as if she did not want to be there. She could at least pretend, it is her "duty" anyway to appear at this kind of event. She was only smiling maybe once. Albert the opposite, seemed to be in good mood. I remember his pic from ND 2 years ago, he was really sad.
I liked the most Steph's outfit this year, although she could wear pumps not little booties. Charlotte' skirt was way too short for official event like this, but she looked lovely like always. Little Alexandra red stockings, I don't know...
Wonder why the entire family chose to wear black this year. Other royals often wear bright or light colors on National days.

Opera pics were nice. Charlotte dress was the best. I just wish I could see more of Caroline's outfit.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

https://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Thank YOU, Iceflower!

Am I the only one who thinks that Caroline and Ernst looked embarrassed for Alexandra's behaviour yesterday morning?

More pics of the Opera Gala from IBL

Gallery IBL
can anyone tell me where those photos are of alexandra - thanks so much
Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I post them again here
REPORTAGE PHOTOS : Alexandra de Hanovre... un peu de tenue jeune princesse !

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Getty Gallery (page 2, 3, 4)
Old 11-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Serene Highness

People can't seem to help but compare the Monaco royals with those from more traditional royal houses. I don't know if this is fair or not but it is unavoidable. I liked Charlotte's dress, as usual I get the feeling that she could do better but the length of her skirt doesn't bother me, personally. A longer hem would have made the outfit boring. I also liked Alexandra's stockings, it made her whole outfit fun and made a somber, simple black dress appropriate for a little girl. I don't care for Stephanie's and Caroline's outfits, particularly the former's shoes and the latter's hairstyle.

As to the opera, Charlotte picked a great color, it matched her surroundings and even the lining on the sashes of the elder royals. I agree with somebody here though saying the cut wasn't exactly flattering. The unsmiling looks on their faces would be something I'd chalk up to that particular moment in the opera. I mean, cmon, they were standing...which could mean a prayer or an anthem or the like, hardly the time to smile. It also does not help that Caroline and Charlotte have pouty lips and high cheekbones, I've known many people accused of being snobs just because people mistake their natural look and expression for being snooty.

What interests me at the opera was the seating arrangement. I don't know the significance of it but I think I like seeing Andrea on that seat.

Oh and lastly, let me just say this... Pierre is one pretty boy!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
People can't seem to help but compare the Monaco royals with those from more traditional royal houses. I don't know if this is fair or not but it is unavoidable. I liked Charlotte's dress, as usual I get the feeling that she could do better but the length of her skirt doesn't bother me, personally. A longer hem would have made the outfit boring. I also liked Alexandra's stockings, it made her whole outfit fun and made a somber, simple black dress appropriate for a little girl. I don't care for Stephanie's and Caroline's outfits, particularly the former's shoes and the latter's hairstyle.

As to the opera, Charlotte picked a great color, it matched her surroundings and even the lining on the sashes of the elder royals. I agree with somebody here though saying the cut wasn't exactly flattering. The unsmiling looks on their faces would be something I'd chalk up to that particular moment in the opera. I mean, cmon, they were standing...which could mean a prayer or an anthem or the like, hardly the time to smile. It also does not help that Caroline and Charlotte have pouty lips and high cheekbones, I've known many people accused of being snobs just because people mistake their natural look and expression for being snooty.

What interests me at the opera was the seating arrangement. I don't know the significance of it but I think I like seeing Andrea on that seat.

Oh and lastly, let me just say this... Pierre is one pretty boy!
I do think that you have a point here! Especially for non-Europeans it might be not that clear that the Grimaldi's are considered in Europe as a sort of fake-royals, not to be taken too seriously in any case. Before Caroline was married to EA she, nor any other Grimaldi family member, was hardly ever invited to a major European royalty event such as weddings etc. IMO she only got that arrogant behaviour and look AFTER her up-marrying. Having all that in mind, it makes you look in a different way, that is for sure. The only reason I follow Caroline, who is about the same age as myself, is for fashion and style purposes. She used to have excellent taste. But her grave, self-important and "regal" behaviour is, to me, a bit silly. So let Charlotte wear mini, it suits her, she has the age, and..... she is NO royal, the other Grimaldi's are semi-royals, and Monaco National Day is not an important event. It is just some sort of soap opera.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Royal Highness

I was surprised to see how Caroline has aged from last year´s photos. Stephanie always looks bedraggled. I used to love Charlotte when she was a child, but lately I find her too haughty which for me is a bit ridiculous since her kind of "royalty" is flimsy to say the least. As for Alexandra, I agree totally with several of you who find her very bad behaved. But if she takes after Daddy physically, I hope it´s not also in temperament!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Courtier

It is true, a really very handsome young man is Pierre !
Old 11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Daylife
Monaco's national day in Monte Carlo November 19, 2008 photos - Daylife
Old 11-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

In my opinion,as a fan of Princess Grace ,it is a pity to see all in black and with those horrible dresses,with those ugly shoes,.I think glamour and elegance have disappeared from Monaco since Princess Grace died.I think Caroline is aged for her age and Stephanie looks older than Caroline...
Charlotte is pretty, but in my opinion, has not good taste ,not glamour to dress.It is a pity they have not inherited the good taste,elegance and glamour of princess Grace.
It seems little Alexandra ,has not good manners to behave...For me,everything is a total disaster...Besides,the make up is ugly and also the hair style...They do not look as princesses,they seem common people...Of course,it is my opinion ,and it must be respected as I respect others...
Old 11-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Within a few years Alexandra will surely provide tabs, mags and rags with lots of good stuff!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

I love those 2 pics of Caro and Steph the look on Carolines face in the 2nd one and the way Steph is looking at her in the 1st one is beautiful .Thanks Michelle
Old 11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
I love those 2 pics of Caro and Steph the look on Carolines face in the 2nd one and the way Steph is looking at her in the 1st one is beautiful .Thanks Michelle
Me too, I thought they were really cute. Bet Steph told Caro one of her famous jokes ... and the 1st one ... it's just the look in Steph's eyes that tells more than words...
Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

I hope that whatever it was between Caroline and Stephanie has - or is starting to - pass(ed); the recent pictures indicate that they are enjoying eachother's company - hopefully, that continues.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Prince Albert II of Monaco looks normal as usual sorry but nothing exciting.Princess Stephanie of Monaco does not look happy in most of the pictures which is terrible being she has a pretty smile.And Prince Caroline of Hanover looks nice and she is pretty but her age is starting to show.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Aristocracy

hello!!!!
why is stephanie so sad???? i wanted to see her children....
well, they all are beautiful, but alexandra looks like her father too much
Old 11-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Serene Highness

Glistening Seas

H-m-m-m Whatever was with Stephanie and Caroline--we never really noticed there being anything between them? If there was it was probably nothing more than the usual sibling stuff that happens thru stages of adult life apparantly. It always appears there's always something fun happening there at those festivities some of the pics on National Day seemed like they were having a greaaat deal of fun.

If we knew "how" to post the pics of Charlotte and little Alexandra you can see Alexandra and Charlotte are starting to have a strong family resemblence. The pics turned out beautiful.

Prince Albert always looks flashy! Did anyone ever notice that guy "never" seems to have a wardrobe malfunction (sigh) oh-h-h for a peek in thaaat guys closet huh?? hee. It appeared on one of stephanie's threads awhile back that she wanted the kids out of the spotlight glare? Do her children have titles? Could it be since stephanie's children don't have titles and are so young she wants them out of the spotlight glare?

Caroline went thru a phase the same way it seems when the children were a bit younger. Just to give them a chance to be able to have a little "breather" from the public glare till they got older and could handle it for themselves, it seems.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
H-m-m-m Whatever was with Stephanie and Caroline--we never really noticed there being anything between them? If there was it was probably nothing more than the usual sibling stuff that happens thru stages of adult life apparantly. It always appears there's always something fun happening there at those festivities some of the pics on National Day seemed like they were having a greaaat deal of fun.

If we knew "how" to post the pics of Charlotte and little Alexandra you can see Alexandra and Charlotte are starting to have a strong family resemblence. The pics turned out beautiful.

Prince Albert always looks flashy! Did anyone ever notice that guy "never" seems to have a wardrobe malfunction (sigh) oh-h-h for a peek in thaaat guys closet huh?? hee. It appeared on one of stephanie's threads awhile back that she wanted the kids out of the spotlight glare? Do her children have titles? Could it be since stephanie's children don't have titles and are so young she wants them out of the spotlight glare?

Caroline went thru a phase the same way it seems when the children were a bit younger. Just to give them a chance to be able to have a little "breather" from the public glare till they got older and could handle it for themselves, it seems.
Glistening Seas, you are apparently wearing a very very big pair of pink glasses, as they say in the Netherlands. Hardly anyone in the world would call Albert "flashy". Maybe he is well-dressed, it seems that EA even hit the "best-dressed-men" top 10, but when a man is as unsexy as the first and as overall unattractive as the latter, this hardly matters anymore, does it?
As for the fun happening, it looked more like an not much wanted obligation for the majority of them, especially for Stephanie.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
Glistening Seas, you are apparently wearing a very very big pair of pink glasses, as they say in the Netherlands. Hardly anyone in the world would call Albert "flashy". Maybe he is well-dressed, it seems that EA even hit the "best-dressed-men" top 10, but when a man is as unsexy as the first and as overall unattractive as the latter, this hardly matters anymore, does it?
As for the fun happening, it looked more like an not much wanted obligation for the majority of them, especially for Stephanie.
Stephanie knows her duties well, she takes them seriously and has no problem being there .. she even enjoys working for her country and is a very proud member of this family.