National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some things never change. I just LOVE the fact that whatever the occasion Princess Stephanie cannot help "adjusting" Albert :lol:. Maybe it stands out to me since she's younger than him but it seems like Steph is always playing the little mother hen to Albert:D. Nice to see Melanie on the balcony (I havn't seen that before). Ditto what the others have said, everyone looks great. Andrea and Pierre look like strapping young men and Charlotte looks criminally gorgeous as usual. With her features I think Caroline looks good in dark colors and I liked Stephanie's gloves. The pictures with Charlotte and Alexandra were adorable. Of course Albert has it easy, slap a uniform on almost any guy and you look. For all the talk about him, you see him in his uniform on the balcony and he does look like the fatherly Mediterranean monarch:cool:.
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Thanks for the gallery. I think this is my favourite royal event by far! :monacoflag:

Some things never change. I just LOVE the fact that whatever the occasion Princess Stephanie cannot help "adjusting" Albert :lol:. Maybe it stands out to me since she's younger than him but it seems like Steph is always playing the little mother hen to Albert:D. Nice to see Melanie on the balcony (I havn't seen that before). Ditto what the others have said, everyone looks great. Andrea and Pierre look like strapping young men and Charlotte looks criminally gorgeous as usual. With her features I think Caroline looks good in dark colors and I liked Stephanie's gloves. The pictures with Charlotte and Alexandra were adorable. Of course Albert has it easy, slap a uniform on almost any guy and you look. For all the talk about him, you see him in his uniform on the balcony and he does look like the fatherly Mediterranean monarch:cool:.

I know I love it every year :ROFLMAO:

Picture

Radker, the video is ongoing, at least for today. They're showing the whle of the proceedings repeatedly.

What time does the opera start ?

9:00 pierre is stephano goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

pierreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by a moderator:
It was amazing to actually see Caroline and Stephanie at the same event... even if their interactions seemed a little icy. There were a few little photos that still showed taht they're sisters, and that's great to see. (I cracked up when I saw this one)

Alexandra looks more and more like the Casiraghi's as she gets older... which is kinda weird, but still true. And what has happened to Pierre adn Andrea??? They seem to have aged ten years in only one! Not so much Andrea, because he seemed a bit ragged the past few years, and is actually looking better, but what about Pierre??

And Melanie! Isn't she beautiful!? And we can't even say that they are the Kelly genes! It's entirely Grimaldi/de Massy for her!

So was there no opera this year? Or did they just not go?

Princess Caroline and Prince Albert attended the opera,
Elisabeth Anne and daughter Melanie did so as well :)

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Caroline of Hanover arrive
to attend the Opera Turandot Gala as part of Monaco's National
Day celebrations on November on November 19, 2009 in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
I'm not necessarily a fan of the cut of Caroline's dress but she still manages to look A-MA-ZING in it, which is making me incredibly jealous :unsure: I kind of wish she hadn't covered it up with the fur though, not that I have anything against it. :whistling:

Anyway thanks for the pics iceflower! They're such a pretty family :wub:

By the way, are the flowers in the Caroline's bouquet real? I've never seen anything like them before. :ermm:

They all look great, especially Charlotte.

Just a reminder, Caroline wore this coat in 1997 for the Sainte Devote ceremony. She used it for a second time in December 1997 for the 700 anniversay of the first chucrh in Monaco. A Chanel tweed coat trimmed with pearls. A long time since then, she´s recycling clothes.

I really hope the fur is not authentic.

I thought Princess Caroline looked great, reminded me of something out of the 1920's. They were quite a handsome group and Caroline always has the elegant, regal style about her. Fur or no fur doesn't bother me. Once human beings stop killing other human beings maybe I can worry about the critters but until then I can't seem to work up any outrage over it. I thought the little boys in their (monk?) outfits were cute with their little "bald" caps on, I don't recall seeing that before. All the Monaco National Day festivities are tops with me, it is always such a great blending of glamor, pomp and ceremony along with the familiarity that I've always thought defines Monaco. They can be grand, stylish and altogether 'princely' but still very close to their people, very informal with each other. The Monegasque at their finest!

The little "monks" were part of the cast of Giacomo Puccini's opera Turandot, the story of a Chinese princess who doesn't really want to get married. She sets each suitor three riddles. If they can't answer them, they are killed.
She gets her comeuppance eventually when Calaf solves the riddles, and they get married.
The aria "Nessun Dorma" is the most well-known part of this opera.

I like her earrings ,she wore in many ocassions in the past ,earrings with the Tour Eiffel,I like her authentic fur,and the white long gloves and shoes,but the dress does not persuade me, as is very simple for my taste.
In my opinion ,the authentic fur is very sophisticated and it suits her perfectly.Great choice:flowers:Thanks dear iceflower for the pics.

Anyway thanks for the pics iceflower! They're such a pretty family :wub:

By the way, are the flowers in the Caroline's bouquet real? I've never seen anything like them before. :ermm:

You are most welcome :flowers:

I guess it's one real white rose in the middle of each arrangement
and then single petals (real ones or some silk ones) were arranged
around it. In any way, very special and taking up the national colours!

Zubiar, you are right about the earrings, I've noticed that as well,
as they are some of her most beautiful ones, for those who are
interested: we've once made an interesting investigation about
these in particular and other earings Caroline recycled. It can be
found here : Princess Caroline Jewellery .

I´ve been a fan of the Grimaldis, since that great marriage of Grace and Rainier.I followed the lives of the three children and then of Caroline´s children. For me, Caroline is the most elegant and interesting of the three and she has those gorgeous children! You are right, Pierre, who was a bit gawky a few years ago is a young Stefano, Andrea, looks much better now, Charlotte is stunning and little Alexandra a charming girl. And Caroline always so elegant and royal!

I´ve been a fan of the Grimaldis, since that great marriage of Grace and Rainier.I followed the lives of the three children and then of Caroline´s children. For me, Caroline is the most elegant and interesting of the three and she has those gorgeous children! You are right, Pierre, who was a bit gawky a few years ago is a young Stefano, Andrea, looks much better now, Charlotte is stunning and little Alexandra a charming girl. And Caroline always so elegant and royal!

AGREE to ALL you said ;)

I noticed et every National day. The bond between Stephanie and Albert, and also between Caroline and Albert are very differnet, but in both cases it a strong bond.
Pc Albret seems to be the junction between the two sisters.

MAGNIFICENT !!!! She is simply magnificent
I liked Caro's Chanel white chiffon or crepe pleated gown. I liked her chinchilla fur coat and earrings.She looked appropraiate to go the opera and I like her hair.
A comment about Charlotte. She has a hard countenace and I have rarely seen her smiling broadly about anything.Appears she is quite serious.Alexandra is as cute as a button.
I too wish Stephano could have been there.
Pa seemed to be enjoying the events as usual and cruising through naturally and as a leader should.

Did the Casiraghi Trio attend the Opera?
They were all really nice! Especially Andrea!!

Shame about the chinchilla coat especially as it is not necessary in the warm climate of Monaco !

P. Caroline looks magnificent! A true queen in all her majesty...
:crown2: :sceptre: :crown2:

Back
Top Bottom