National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I finally had a break from cooking (it's Thanksgiving Day here in the US; November 27), but I had a chance to view this, finally. It's great - I'm always happy to see them "in motion," since I don't see them IRL anywhere, and probably have little chance of running into any family members in NYC, or Europe when I'm there. The ceremony looked beautifully appointed, as always.

Princess Grace had no wrinkles in her face as Caroline has,in spite of the weight, because the weight has nothing to do with the winkles Caroline has in her face ,as consequence of sun.

Actually, weight has a lot to do with wrinkles! Ask a professional, they will tell you. I don't know how young you are? Or your weight? :D;) but weight has quite a lot to do with wrinkles. If your face is heavy, chances are you are not going to show your wrinkles so much, as they are filled out with fat. Sorry but this is pretty common knowledge? ;) Regardless I think Caroline, all of them actually, look very good for their age, and as beautiful as Grace was, I still think Caroline looks younger than her mother did at that age? Weight takes away the wrinkles but it makes you appear older in other ways. I think Caroline looks very good but it is possibly her smoking that might age her more than anything else in the future, if at all? But she still looks better than many who do not smoke and she probably think's it no one's business but her own :D, and she is right about that. Hormones have a lot to do with age also, I cannot fault anyone for aging, it is just a fact of life. I think sometimes people expect the sisters not to have aged pass their teenagers years? :rolleyes::)

I had to go back and look at the pictures of National Day after reading all the talk here, I thought I must have really missed something? I don't see what everyone is talking about, I think they all looked very nice and when I saw Alexandra's little red tights, I thought how sweet and stylish she looked and Caroline added the red accents to her own outfit to coordinate and compliment her daughter's little dress and tights -- I thought it was very sweet. Also I really liked Stephanie's dress or coat on her. I thought Charlotte looked fine also, it was hard for me to really see what her outfit looked like (in the pictures i saw), But she was wearing tights and not exactly flashing a lot of flesh imo? I think there must have been a virus on the board that day! :D

Beside's it's nice to see the whole family altogether on this day, don't discourage them anymore than they probably already are! :flowers:

I disagree with you.Wrinkles have nothing to do with weight,as an example you have Prince Rainier who was fat and full of wrinkles,or princess Antoinette fat and full of wrinkles.Stephanie is young and thin and her face is full of wrinkles...
I think with the Grimaldi family,anything goes.I mean there is an idealization of all,specially of Caroline and no matter the way she dresses,looks or behaves,everything is good.

Glistening Seas

As far as wrinkles :lol: it's difficult to say? imho men whom one would think it would seem they would have more of a hard time of it and really, when you really, really, think about it; it certainly seems to be curious, though? Men don't use any kind of make up or skin care and really they don't seem to have any worse of a time of it than women do. Don't you think? Really, some women can pile on the cremes and we all "adore" the make up, but wrinkles seem to be a lifelong battle most all girls too. In spite of all the cremes etc the wrinkles seem to always arrive:frazzled:. Yet some women whom do absolutely nothing to their skin lifelong except for soap and don't have a wrinkle problem? So who knows, Although, to be truthful if Caroline and Stephanie seem to be plagued by wrinkles it's not often noticeable and they have always been in the sun. This makes a good discussion for topic because most certainly all of us know at least one person whom seems to do nothing for skin care and never has a wrinkle or break-out problem. :harvest::xmasbell::poinsettia:

Actually, weight has a lot to do with wrinkles! Ask a professional, they will tell you. I don't know how young you are? Or your weight? :D;) but weight has quite a lot to do with wrinkles. If your face is heavy, chances are you are not going to show your wrinkles so much, as they are filled out with fat. Sorry but this is pretty common knowledge? ;) Regardless I think Caroline, all of them actually, look very good for their age, and as beautiful as Grace was, I still think Caroline looks younger than her mother did at that age? Weight takes away the wrinkles but it makes you appear older in other ways. I think Caroline looks very good but it is possibly her smoking that might age her more than anything else in the future, if at all? But she still looks better than many who do not smoke and she probably think's it no one's business but her own :D, and she is right about that. Hormones have a lot to do with age also, I cannot fault anyone for aging, it is just a fact of life. I think sometimes people expect the sisters not to have aged pass their teenagers years? :rolleyes::)

I had to go back and look at the pictures of National Day after reading all the talk here, I thought I must have really missed something? I don't see what everyone is talking about, I think they all looked very nice and when I saw Alexandra's little red tights, I thought how sweet and stylish she looked and Caroline added the red accents to her own outfit to coordinate and compliment her daughter's little dress and tights -- I thought it was very sweet. Also I really liked Stephanie's dress or coat on her. I thought Charlotte looked fine also, it was hard for me to really see what her outfit looked like (in the pictures i saw), But she was wearing tights and not exactly flashing a lot of flesh imo? I think there must have been a virus on the board that day! :D

Beside's it's nice to see the whole family altogether on this day, don't discourage them anymore than they probably already are! :flowers:

I agree 100% :flowers:

I disagree with you.Wrinkles have nothing to do with weight,as an example you have Prince Rainier who was fat and full of wrinkles,or princess Antoinette fat and full of wrinkles.Stephanie is young and thin and her face is full of wrinkles...
I think with the Grimaldi family,anything goes.I mean there is an idealization of all,specially of Caroline and no matter the way she dresses,looks or behaves,everything is good.
it's not like thin people get wrinkles, fat people don't. there are many many other factors (like smoking and above all genes). caroline is certainly lucky that she ages gracefully, but she would have less wrinkles if she was "fat"

I disagree totally with you.Caroline, being fat or thin,has wrinkles caused by smoking and sun.She looks aged for her age,the same happens with Stephanie.It is a pity...

I disagree totally with you.Caroline, being fat or thin,has wrinkles caused by smoking and sun.She looks aged for her age,the same happens with Stephanie.It is a pity...

I do find this discussion very amusing, because you simply cannot compare Grace with Caroline. Grace is from another era, where people aged earlier, and that fact was accepted as well!
Caroline has had a lot done to her face in my, very expertised, opinion, but no surgery. It is obvious to me from earlier discussions on this very popular topic, that no one on this forum as any knowledge of the nowadays possibilities to rejunivate your face without surgery. I am convinced that she uses injectables, because she has, for instance, no wrinkles around the lips, as heavy smokers ALWAYS have. Stephanie, on the other hand, has had nothing done so far.
As I stated before, they have good genes as far as beauty is concerned, but bad ones, when it comes to aging. I appreciate the fairness of that;).
Caroline looks moderately good, bearing in mind her financial possibilities. lack of hard work, lack of financial worry, etc. etc.

Who Cares? Isn't this thread really about National day? :rolleyes: I like them, wrinkles and all? ;):flowers:

Lets stay on topic...which are the events of National Day 2008.

Please remember that speculation regarding possible work being done (i.e. plastic surgery or Botox) is not permitted on The Royal Forums.

Thank you.

Thank you for this interesting video. Princess Caroline has indeed much class !!

I am convinced that she uses injectables, because she has, for instance, no wrinkles around the lips, as heavy smokers ALWAYS have. .

this is very true - i have noticed no wrinkles around the upper lips - i know i am a smoker :(

I love those 2 pics of Caro and Steph the look on Carolines face in the 2nd one :lol: and the way Steph is looking at her in the 1st one is beautiful .Thanks Michelle

can someone guide me to where those photos are pls? thanks so much

Alexandra just looked like she had itchy stockings, so she scratched them. .

yes i agree - the stockings were irritating her - woollen ones will make you itch - like woollen pants with me :)

Stephanie, on the other hand, always looks years and years older than her actual age.

she is so much like her father these days - she has the grimaldi genes.

I agree, she looks rundown. I hope she isn't sick again...:ermm: .

caroline looked so refreshed at the ball earlier this year - but i'm sure she has alot of attention to her hair and make up for those occassions. its not easy being a mother with a young daughter when you are nearly 53!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandra is most definitely Ernst's daughter.

at this stage of her life, i agree totally

Here's the gallery from ppe agency:

Monaco National Day 2008

the more i see of caro and her elder children together, the more i am convinced they are very close and that they love their mother very much and the same with caro - she adores her children. there was one photo of her at the ball earlier this year looking over at a distance at charlotte and pierre and her eyes were full of love.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the video of Caroline giving out the medals, for heaven's sake, she has access to the best hair stylist and makeup artist why on earth wouldn't she use them?? Her hair looks limp, flat and greasy and brings down her face. She needs a new hairstyle, one that is youthful and flattering to her!!

the more i see of caro and her elder children together, the more i am convinced they are very close and that they love their mother very much and the same with caro - she adores her children. there was one photo of her at the ball earlier this year looking over at a distance at charlotte and pierre and her eyes were full of love.

I definately agree. I remember seeing a photo of her visiting Andrea and Christian in NY, and Andrea was photographed throwing his around her shoulders and squeezing her into a hug. Usually as we grow up, parents get side hugs or quick kisses on the cheek. I thought that photo said a lot about their relationship. :flowers:

Glistening Seas

:flowers:The video of the awarding of the cultural medals. Was that done in the mirror room? Are those mirrors etched and frosted glass. Wow those are some of the most beautiful mirrors we have seen a definite favorite. :harvest::xmasbell::poinsettia:

In the video of Caroline giving out the medals, for heaven's sake, she has access to the best hair stylist and makeup artist why on earth wouldn't she use them?? Her hair looks limp, flat and greasy and brings down her face. She needs a new hairstyle, one that is youthful and flattering to her!!

Some people are here only to critizise. How can you see how her hair looks in such a small video? She looks wonderful.

michelle, what the perfect pics from National day, no watermarks, perfect quality. :flowers:So many close ups of my favorite royal family.:wub:

Glistening Seas

:) Indeed, it was good to get a few without the watermarks on them! They did look beautiful that day! Pa and family had great lighting for their pics, it seems that contributes a lot to the festiveness of the occasion as well. :turkey::candycane::advent:

Thank God Andrea is back to his old, gorgeous healthy looking self...for a while there I was worried!

As for Charlotte, I catch my breath almost every time I see a photo of her. She is just stunningly beautiful. But I was very disappointed with her outfit. It's perfect for a chic lunch in Paris or for attending a fashion show, but for High Mass in a Cathedral? I can't believe this sophisticated young lady didn't know any better.

National Day 2009 - Monaco

This is the thread dedicated to the National Day celebrations 2009.
They will take place on Wednesday, 18th November and Thursday,
19th November 2009.

Take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the National Day
in 2008,2007,2006 or at the special thread A Retrospective: National Day- Monaco.

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

The thread for this year's National Day is now open!
Have fun posting and let's enjoy the coming events! :flowers:

On the occasion of the National Day the first medals of honor
were handed out at the Princely Palace yesterday, November
16, 2009. Here's a pic of Prince Albert with the honorees and
a list of the names and the organisations the winners are
working for:

** Pic ** Link **

As part of the National Day Celebrations, Princess Caroline of
Hanover visits the nursery school for its 80th anniversary,
Monaco, November 17, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited: