National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iowabelle said:
I know I'm voting against popular opinion here, but I didn't like Stephanie's suit at all. Horizontal stripes around the bottom are never good.

No rules without exceptions - Stephanie has a great bottom even for horizontal stripes. ;) Her swimming gives good results! :)

Actually, even if Steph has a very toned body, I didn't like her outfit either...

Why does P. Albert use these horrible blue trousers? Maybe it´s the uniform, but it´s ugly.

Caroline - The mass/balcony outfit was interesting,in a matronly way, but what's with the obsession with all the 'Jackie Onassis' pillbox hats? The 60's are over, honey.Caroline's short coiff just will NOT do - she needs to grow her hair shoulder length - with bangs - again. And Caroline, you need to stop colouring your hair at home with Miss Clairol - get thee to a Parisian salon, where they can add the flattering chestnut highlights. This stark black hair thing has GOT to go.

Stephanie - No, no, NO to horizontal lines, sweety! You have an awesome figure and very well shaped legs and calves, so work with them! And will someone please take this woman to a Clarins skin care spa! Her skin is starting to match her purses. Stay out of the sun, dump the ciggies, lots of water, veggies and olive oil. Stephanie truly was an exceptionally pretty woman, and she can be again.

Charlotte: Aye yi yi, where does one begin? That outfit, especially the jacket, looked as if it were wrung through the washing machine and shrunk. And please, Charlotte, NO black hose/stockings with that colour of outfit. And drop the schoolgirl headband look - you're going on 21. By the by, while this guy thinks Charlotte is a very pretty young woman, I just don't get, don't see this "she's a gorgeous knock-out" thing.

Ernst - Looks good, but the man needs ample servings of schnitzel and noodles - he's too thin.

Pierre - needs to head to the nearest Monte Carlo barber, STAT.

good

wow i dont think i could have agreed with you more! you hit it all on the spot.. its weird because i just couldnt explain what i didnt like about caroline and charlotte...
btw.. does anyone know how to get charlottes hair color.. i know hers is natural.. but i would like to dye my hair her color.. everytime i try to dye it it turns out an orangie or too dark.. any brands that are good? thanks a bunch

IMO Princess Caroline looks awful! That hat and that "old lady" looking outfit, I know that she knows how to dress, I've seen many, many more glamerous suits & dresses on her. I'll forgive her this once, hopefully it won't happen again!

samsforever said:
wow i dont think i could have agreed with you more! you hit it all on the spot.. its weird because i just couldnt explain what i didnt like about caroline and charlotte...
btw.. does anyone know how to get charlottes hair color.. i know hers is natural.. but i would like to dye my hair her color.. everytime i try to dye it it turns out an orangie or too dark.. any brands that are good? thanks a bunch
try a good hairdresser, honey, it's worth it. A good hairdoo is a better investment the facy clothes or make-up. Besides if you have a real good hairdresser, there is no need to have them cut every 6 weeks. choose a cut that you can style easily yourself (so not to fancy styling) that looks natural. And have them dye it a tad darker then desired (especially after summer) after a few weeks it tends to wash out. Off topic, but snce you asked.

As to hairdye, I think last years colour suited Steph much better. It is way too dark. When I looked at the first pics, I thought she was going extremely grey or bold for a few seconds because the skin on her head was too white. Also it makes her face a bit too hard and accetuates the lines. A lighter warm brown colour would suit her much better.JMO

iowabelle said:
And Albert's tailor needs a flogging. Maybe Ernst could give him some fashion advice (I never believed I would say that!).

Everyone has his or her own voice. Individuals have various opinions whether popular or unpopular. It is natural to think differently.

Look at PA pictures from last year’s inaugural ceremony and compare the pictures to this year National Day. He has lost some weight and looks much healthier. I was amazed at how much weight he lost.

I liked PA’s royal uniform and his conservative dressing style; it fits him because
he is head of state.

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures, schedule of events and special comments regarding National Day. The entire royal family looked great!..:flowers:

princess gertrude said:
IMO Princess Caroline looks awful! That hat and that "old lady" looking outfit, I know that she knows how to dress, I've seen many, many more glamerous suits & dresses on her. I'll forgive her this once, hopefully it won't happen again!
I 'm afraid it has happened several times this past year. Pitty really.

Btw in todays paper was a pic from the lunch in the palace. I don't think I have ever seen any pics from inside on National Holiday, apart from a few shots last year on TF1. From what I could tell, Stephs children were not present.

Agreed. While, true, Caroline is 49 going on 50, there is no excuse for this 'old lady' look, as the poster above noted. There are plenty of outfits which would both flatter her and not appear too 'young' on her. Judging from the way she dresses and presents herself lately, you'd think she thought she was going on 65 years old. Especially the sleeves of that outfit, which extended down to her half forearm; it reminds me of dresses/outifits my Nana (grandmother) used to wear.

I can't believe that nobody mentioned anything to Charlotte about that get-up of hers. Every time I see that God-awful shrunken jacket, I cringe. It didn't even sit well on her shoulders, and did anyone notice the collar of that jacket? It looked as if it could have used a good ironing.

Well, at least both mother and daughter have gotten over their 'Chicken feather' thing (Charlotte's outfit for Albert's bid day, which made her look like Little Bo-Peep, and Caroline's 'I ran smack into a chicken truck' disaster at one of the previous gala events.

While we're at this, I do wish someone would advise/steer Albert into a better mode of dressing. His suits are boring, unflattering, and make him look like a slightly overweight soft boiled egg. The man needs tailored Armani or Valentino.

Sorry folks, I really don't mean to be catty here, but let's be honest; this family could use some sprucing up, big time.

I agree about Stephanie's hair colour. A soft shade of brown, perhaps with auburn highlights would 'soften' her face; compliment it more, and it wouldn't hurt for her to grow it a little longer, again, to soften her features. I also think Stephanie would look awesome in an olive green outfit, even copper colours and browns.

Caroline; she would look so much better with a chestnut colouring to her hair, and as I said before, she really should grow it shoulder length again with bangs; it makes her look years younger.

The Grimaldi daughters seem lately to be, sadly, no match for their beautiful late mother. Now, true, they are more 'Grimaldi' in appearance than they are 'Kelly', but, still. While true, Grace did dress somewhat matronly in her later years, she was a stunnningly beautiful woman in her 50's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's the big gal in the blue top and crucifix in the balcony shots?

I believe you mean Melanie, Antoinettes granddaughter. Pitty that she wasn't around this year either.

my thoughts ...

Princess Stephanie -- her outfit is too costumey. Not appropriate for the National Day of your tiny principality!!! I applaud her courage to wear something that is unpredictable, but there is nothing regal about the whole look. Her hair looks too casual. Thank God though that she is not sunburned this time.

Princess Caroline -- she takes it upon herself to give Monaco its glamour and royal aura. The outfits she wears are undeniably couture. However, Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld never looked this tired. Caroline, try other houses, including the minimalist American designers (imagine her in Donna Karan or Calvin Klein).

Charlotte -- you have passed the ingenue phase. Now that your teenage years are behind you, and with all the money, connections, and DNA you and your family got, what are you doing with a seemingly off-the-rack creation? And the posture and bearing ... Ms. Casiraghi was far more fascinating before.

They are beautiful, don't get me wrong. But such shoes to fill ... Ladies, you have the best textbooks on how to do it right -- your Family Photo Albums! Your late mom always had it right! Oh, and Caroline, you would look better by raiding your mom's closet and wearing something vintage.

I love national day...always so many great photos! Alex is too funny and so adorable. I love all of the funny faces she made. Too cute.

Great pics from everybody! The pics of Prince Albert and Pierre with little Alexandra were by far my favorites!

I didn't like Caroline's "Sailor" outfit from the church/balcony though! What a mistep that was! I'm not too fond of her short hair either, or maybe it was because she was wearing hideous outifts that made her hairstyle worse. Mid-life crisis maybe?

It was good to see the sisters (appearing to) get along. I like seeing Stephanie by Albert's side as his "First Lady".

Can Caroline please have an ugly child?! Her children are so good looking and they get better looking every year! How many generations will it take for Princess Grace's genes to be over shadowed by some homely ones? : )

Where was Albert's girlfriend, the South African Olympic Swimmer? Were any of Albert's children present?

Last edited:
Paca, the major problem is to find that perfect hairdresser, I haven't yet..;)

Here is one more gallery of pics from olycom:

national day

RubyPrincess168 said:
...Where was Albert's girlfriend, the South African Olympic Swimmer? Were any of Albert's children present?

OC Charlene was very MIA. IIRC, none of Albert's gal pals have been present at National Days.

Albert's children were not in the country. They were mentioned on a special about Albert's reign, which is unusual. I sincerely doubt either Jazmin or Eric Alexander will appear at any official Royal events while Albert is in charge.

Ann

Suonymona said:
OC Charlene was very MIA. IIRC, none of Albert's gal pals have been present at National Days.

Albert's children were not in the country. They were mentioned on a special about Albert's reign, which is unusual. I sincerely doubt either Jazmin or Eric Alexander will appear at any official Royal events while Albert is in charge.

Ann

What kind of special it was? Was it a program in Europe or just in Monaco? What they were telling about Albert's children? Did Princely Palace have anything to do with this program?

thank you everyone for all its splendid photographs concerning the national festival has stephanie is always also beautiful but unfortunately for us his/her children was not there yet it is a pity really

can someone please repost the link with Felix's photos at Monaco?

Beatrice said:
can someone please repost the link with Felix's photos at Monaco?

Here's the link to one.;) From Olycom..

Felix

Ianna said:
Here's the link to one.;) From Olycom..

Felix
Felix looks so good in this up close, non blurry, non paparazzi picture. He almost looks like a different person than the one we have seen in the holiday snaps.

This, of course, is just my opinion, but I feel that it wouldn't hurt for Stephanie to start bringing her two oldest children, Louis & Pauline, more into the fold in terms of having them present at certain events. True, they have no official roles, per se, but all the same, it would add to a more coherent, unified family unit.

I understand, on some levels, Stephanie's adamant mindset in keeping her children out of the spotlight. But, that said, Louis is, what, 14 now? And Pauline is 12? Sooner than later, these two are going to be absolutely bombarded by the press/media, and without some prior exposure/practice, if you will, re the media, I have a feeling it's not going to be an easy ride for these two, and, later, Camille.

Plus, I stated this above in another post, I wonder if Stephanie's children feel they are, in a way, not up to snuff, not good enough to appear with the rest of the Grimaldi's? I of course could be way off the mark here; still, I wonder?

I am still surprised that, at least, her children were not part of Rainier's funeral procession. I understand they were left behind at the palace, but....seriously, you have to wonder if these kids felt they were inferior, not good enough to walk alongside their mother, uncle, aunt and cousins.

In short, has Stephanie's refusal to have her children at certain events going to backfire on her? I hope not.

Suonymona said:

Ann

I don't care about Albert's kids appearing on the palace or some other official appearance, but it would be very nice gesture if Albert invited them to Monaco to be involved in the behind-the-scenes family times. I can totally understand him wanting to keep them out of the official business, but I wish he would reach out to them as a private father, at least let them come to Monaco and hang in the palace, unphotographed but loved by their family, for the big events like these.:sad:

And I agree that it would be great to see a more coherent family picture. With it mostly just being the "Grimaldi trio" without Steph's kids, sometimes without Caro's kids too, in the absence of Rainier, it is actually very sad! Having all the kids there would make it so much happier!
They have a lovely family, so what's wrong with celebrating together and showing the world how grateful they are to be such a blessed, beautiful, happy family?

Last edited:
If he almost doesn´t see his children privately, how could they be invited to the national festivities. He didn´t want to have these children!! It would be a fake.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Having all the kids there would make it so much happier!
They have a lovely family, so what's wrong with celebrating together and showing the world how grateful they are to be such a blessed, beautiful, happy family?

I think this is more Steph's doing than enything else. I think she likes to keep her kids out of the limelight. Maybe when they are older that will change.

Not the best outfit of Caroline but i liked her anyway, very elegant and classy.

rosana said:
If he almost doesn´t see his children privately, how could they be invited to the national festivities. He didn´t want to have these children!! It would be a fake.

These children are not being raised by Albert or the Grimaldi Family & it would be inappropriate for them to be at official functions. We do not know what kind of private relationship he has with them & that is as it shoud be hence the word private. Although I think he should put his foot down about the mothers including themselves into the visits between him & the children, we don't really know about this except for the pictures we see. I think when or if Albert gets married he might be able to have a better relationship with these children since the mothers don't seem to be able to let go of their connection w/ Albert & move on.

Please remember that this thread is about Monaco's National Day and not Albert and the relationship he has with his children. While it would be great to see them participate in some of the activities...at present they don't. Who knows what the future holds? No one here...so please let's not speculate.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom