The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Palais Princier de Monaco - Prince's Palace of Monaco (Official)'s Photos | Facebook

Princess charlene received the dignity of saint Charles this evening from prince albert
there is the photo and the announce on the official page of the palace on face book
Congratulations to PC I am thrilled that she now has the order and what a lovely way to be presented with it. Roll on the official portrait now with her wearing it (with a tiara of course!)

Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to PCharlene!
Does this mean we will see the orders at the gala as they did couple of years ago?
Btw, are there any videos?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ohh please let it be true!!! now that Charlene has an order, i think they should bring back the tiaras for the National day gala like years before.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to PCharlene on being awarded the Order. And what a lovely photo too -- they both seem so proud!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Indeed, it's a very nice pic of them - I'll keep that in mind for our pictures of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Is it possible to watch any of the events live? I expected Monaco Info to carry it, but nothing.

The following National Day events can be watched live via monacochannel.mc

Sunday, 8:30 pm (2:30 pm EST): Fireworks display

Monday, 10:00 am (4 am EST): Te Deum Mass

Monday, 11:30 am (5:30 am EST): Military Parade
Old 11-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

I know it is a tradition in the family, but I also know it is given to people who "works for the country" so, what a joke!! Attending fashion shows in Paris has been of great sevice to the country, according to Albert

I would be thrilled to see Tatiana on the balcony but I don´t build so much hope so that I won´t be desilusioned, but I hope!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Palais Princier de Monaco - Prince's Palace of Monaco (Official)'s Photos | Facebook

Princess charlene received the dignity of saint Charles this evening from prince albert
there is the photo and the announce on the official page of the palace on face book
Just saw that too on Facebook that Princess Charlene has been awarded the Grand-Croix de l’Ordre de Saint-Charles.

Congratulations to the Princess!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

thanks, Iceflower, for the info. Will certainly watch...

Who decides to whom Orders/ Medals should be awarded? Is there a panel or does PAlbert decide?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I know it is a tradition in the family, but I also know it is given to people who "works for the country" so, what a joke!! Attending fashion shows in Paris has been of great sevice to the country, according to Albert

I would be thrilled to see Tatiana on the balcony but I don´t build so much hope so that I won´t be desilusioned, but I hope!
I wouldn't get too hung up over what PC has or hasn't done considering that most senior royals get their honours by virtue of their position as Grace, Daniel, Mary, Philip etc all did.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

What for?!?!

From Wikipedia: « This order rewards service to the State or Prince »
Old 11-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Nobility

Congrats !!!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
What for?!?!

From Wikipedia: « This order rewards service to the State or Prince »
What is your point? Most consorts (Philip, Claus, Fabiola, Paola, MT, Mette Marit, Sonja, Silvia, Daniel, Henrik, Mary, Maxima, Grace, etc) have received their nations highest honours very early in their marriages. Why do you feel it should have been different with Prince Albert's spouse who is now Princess Consort of Monaco? Perhaps it is just another opportunity for some posters to enjoy their favorite game of belittling Charlene. Fail.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Congrats to Princess Charlene. I think senior royals should receive their Orders after their marriage and for their service to the Sovereign and Nation.

It would be nice if the royal family of Monaco brought back their regalia events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Indeed, it's a very nice pic of them - I'll keep that in mind for our pictures of the month

The following National Day events can be watched live via monacochannel.mc

Sunday, 8:30 pm (2:30 pm EST): Fireworks display

Monday, 10:00 am (4 am EST): Te Deum Mass

Monday, 11:30 am (5:30 am EST): Military Parade
Thanks for providing the link and times so we can watch the events.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Aristocracy

I can't - I'm going to school on Monday :( Will it be recorded or replayed in the afternoon?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked both dresses Charlene wore.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to Princess Charlene! Apart from deserving the order (as the princess consort), she also earned it through hard work and dedication. She looked wonderful at both events, and I especially love the picture of her and PA when he handed her the order –– they're both beaming; proud and happy. We occasionally get glimpses of what their private life must be like, and this is such a moment.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to Princess Charlene on her newest honour and I can't wait to see her wearing it. Hopefully along w/a tiara.

As for those posters who seem to always be the same ones spouting venom, and not just at Charlene, I have a question...Why are you here? Last time I looked, this is a forum for those who are interested in Royalty and the various Royal Families and their Members. Does that mean we can't say anything critical about them? Of course not. If someone screws up in a massive way, then they deserve whatever comes their way.

There's a big difference between that and what some posters around here indulge in and I just don't get why on earth if they hate the Royals so much, they don't go and find a forum w/others who share their views and spout their venom there. It just seems such a waste of time and not only that, but really sad how some people spend their time attacking people they'll never know for whatever reason. :(
Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 AM
Courtier

Too many events (and news) from Monaco that I'm struggling to keep up... not complaining at all, though.

Happy that Charlene now has an order YAY!
Can't wait for tomorrow, hope to see the order with a tiara, although I know there probably won't be a tiara.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Details about the decoration

Mad for Monaco

there are details about the ceremony of yesterday in monaco matin. to day

it was a privat ceremony in presence of Princess Caroline , princess Stéphanie, the father and the brother of Charlène . Many Dignitaries as prime Minister of state Mr Roger, Mrg Barsi, the grand chancelier de l'ordre , the president of the council of the crown and so...
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Here's another nice gallery from yesterday:

** parismatch.com: Charlène et Stéphanie, réunies pour la Croix Rouge **