The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2011, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Here's an additional gallery putting Alexandra in the centre of attention, which is quite nice:

** Alexandra de Hanovre : La petite princesse a tout d'une grande ! **

(Alexandra of Hannover: The little princess has everything of a big/grown-up princess)

And a gallery from ppe from the evening: ** ppe gallery 2 **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** purepeople: Albert et Charlene de Monaco : Unis et complices sur un air d'opéra... **

Old 11-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlene's dress for the opera was very nice but color is not suitable for her skin. She looked like a zombie, pale like sick.
Caroline's outfit was very rich, too much heavy in volume, in glitters. All too much. And i did not like her hair. All the appearance make her look old.
As for Albert these trousers are clownish! They migth be the uniform but worn by him is a catastrophy.
Generally I think that they are all failed!

Old 11-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
*facepalm*

I'm pretty sure the giant wedding and the beautiful tiaras and the fact that Albert married her in the first place means she'll be sticking around for a long time.

Also, I wasn't a huge fan of her dress tonight, but her outfit earlier in the day was perfect.

The giant wedding was all promotion for the principality, and yet it didn´t have much success, but it´s old news.
A long time might mean "as long as she provides him a heir".

Grace was given the order as soon as she became princess. But, well, she was Grace. She was synonym of charm, she only needed to smile. She came to Monaco to stay and work, and she knew what work meant. She did what she had to do, she had a strong personality, charisma, bearing, glamour. I saw this on one on the balconies today. On the other one, all stiffness and fakeness. I´m sorry but the national day is not only to comment on what the ladies look like. It is a very special day for monegasques. It´s not about putting all your best clothes and most expensive ones. It´s a celebration of their traditions. You can see in their chantes they are proud of their princely family and country. They deserve more respect and dedication. They deserve someone who is hardly "trying" unless to represent them. CW looks and behaves like a total stranger to their culture and customs, and a foreigner after many years living there.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Aristocracy

I am a bit disappointed by their evening appearance too. Albert looks a bit funny in his uniform, whose trousers look like sweatpants. Not best outfit for Charlene either. Strange unflattering collor for her and too heavy eye-make-up. And Caroline - well, not bad, but her fashion heyday is over.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I prefer the outfit of Princess Charlene during the ceremony of the morning.
, The uniform of the prince is the uniform that all the princes use to wear during an evening ceremony. The uniform of other princes in other royalties are as ridiculious this uniform.Prince Rainier wore the same uniform and the prince who will succed to Prince Albert will wear the same uniform.
The couple is on all the stamps in Principauty, on the coins of Euro, The official portrait of Princesse Charlène is the photo of the wedding when she is alone. We find it on the wall of the City Hall in Monaco.
That is more important than the medalof Grimaldi , You buy every day a stamp or you pay with euros, the medal of Saint Charles is for the decorum Nothing more.
There will be a sell of special stamps on december with the couple on it.
Time changed. princess Grace received very quicky the medal of Saint Charles. Princess Charleneis saying always she did not want to be compared to Princess Grace. She will receive the decoration when it will the right time . At the birth of a child? I think it is not usefull to make a dicussion about this. The subject here is the fest of the prince not about the future of the princess that some people would like to be away.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:02 AM
Nobility

ah Melina,I like PC but it does'nt mean that I have to stop being curious as to why she did'nt get the Order of St.Charles yet...Prince Albert should give her one,she's the sovereign consort of Monaco.He married her yes, but i don't feel like there's a Princess of Monaco...and as for a possible reason that she might get it when she bears an heir,then that's a lame excuse..because you don't get compensated for bearing a child imo.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Courtier

Does someone know when and why Stephanie and Caroline received the orders??
Old 11-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Yes, I prefer the outfit of Princess Charlene during the ceremony of the morning.
, The uniform of the prince is the uniform that all the princes use to wear during an evening ceremony. The uniform of other princes in other royalties are as ridiculious this uniform.Prince Rainier wore the same uniform and the prince who will succed to Prince Albert will wear the same uniform.
But Prince Rainier wore it with a black trouser not a blue one. Thibnk it looked b etter this way.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/274...12BFBC53586116

Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Burnt. I would have thought that National Day was the best occasion to present Charlene with the order as it kind of "cements" her as Princess Consort. When she makes a state trip abroad & other Royal ladies are wearing sashes, Albert might have to decide to grant one quickly! On the otherhand, there's a chance she could be presented with an order from the host royal family which would be weird if she hasn't received one from Monaco first
Old 11-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Since Albert & Caroline did not wear the Order of St Charles at the Opera we cannot be positive that Charlene does not have it in a drawer back in her apartment at the palace but if not no doubt she will receive it eventually. There are just so few occassions in Monaco to wear full gala it is too bad the family didn't for National Day.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But Prince Rainier wore it with a black trouser not a blue one. Thibnk it looked b etter this way.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/274...12BFBC53586116
Prince Rainier is not in uniform at all in that photo, just a tux. Prince Albert and the two officers behind them are wearing their uniforms and all of them are wearing blue trousers with red stripes. Rainier did have a unique uniform that I've never seen Albert in but I don't recall him ever wearing anything like it to the opera.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Did someone trace the Casiraghi's partners?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Perhaps they are aware of the unrest throughout the world in regards to the economic troubles that many countries are experiencing. Everyone looked fashionable and very nice, no one was covered in bling or excessive wealth.
I tend to agree. All of their neighbours struggle with huge economic problems. Maybe they don´t want to provoke with diamonds and luxury... Pity for us, of course, but understandable in this time.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Prince Rainier is not in uniform at all in that photo, just a tux. Prince Albert and the two officers behind them are wearing their uniforms and all of them are wearing blue trousers with red stripes. Rainier did have a unique uniform that I've never seen Albert in but I don't recall him ever wearing anything like it to the opera.

But during the day Events he wore an Uniform with black trousers. As reigning Prince Albert should be entitled to wear the same Uniform than his father.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraHel View Post
I tend to agree. All of their neighbours struggle with huge economic problems. Maybe they don´t want to provoke with diamonds and luxury... Pity for us, of course, but understandable in this time.
They showed us that she has a tiara only a few months ago. So I think she might as well wear it.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Did someone trace the Casiraghi's partners?
I don't recalll seeing any of them at any of the events, but I don't seem to remember seeing them in previous years either. I wouldn't really expect them to participate as they aren't Monagasques ( yet!)
Old 11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I don't recalll seeing any of them at any of the events, but I don't seem to remember seeing them in previous years either. I wouldn't really expect them to participate as they aren't Monagasques ( yet!)
Probably they will only attend after an engagement/ Wedding. Charlene also attended the first time last year after the engagement.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Belga gallery
Both sisters have very great communication and they look happy
Old 11-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

A previous poster said that Charlene might have been given the Order of St. Charles but just didn't wear it to the opera. This seems unlikley as if she had it she would have been wearing the daytime insignia at church which is a small medal pinned to the left shoulder. Caroline wore her's so I think it's safe to say that Charlene hasn't been given it yet. I'm just hoping she has it in time for her first big tiara event which is now likely to be abroad.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But during the day Events he wore an Uniform with black trousers. As reigning Prince Albert should be entitled to wear the same Uniform than his father.
Exactly, I said he had a unique uniform I have never seen Prince Albert wear which was a little more old-fashioned, black with a standing collar and button-up front. As far as I know, no such version of that uniform existed for formal evening wear and in the photo Rainier wasn't wearing a uniform at all, the rest were and it's the same uniform they still wear today. Albert would either have to change the regulations or have himself a totally unique formal evening uniform made up because people don't like the blue trousers. I'm not wild about it myself, but I don't see either of those happening. Personally, I liked the 19th Century uniforms that were red and white best but I don't see them making a comeback.