National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know why Charlene is wearing what looks like the male version of the sash? Shouldn't it be the same as Caroline's which is also the same version Grace wore? Also why isn't Albert wearing the order as well?

Last edited:
It seems like tiara events died out with Princess Grace in Monaco.

I don´t get the photographers. We have 19 photos of that boring monochromatic dress Charlene is wearing and only 2 pictures from far away of PC. And she seems to be wearing a nice outfit. I hope more pics are coming.

Am I the only one who thinks that Charlotte is ill today?
What do you mean by ill? She seems quite well to me:flowers:

Char's hair are really nice, but the rest is too dark and hidden by the hat.
Charlene is always so chic and seems such a warm person! Plus the evening gawn is wonderful!!!

Last edited:
An Ard Ri said:
Yes they are indeed,many thanks :flowers:

I'm glad they worked :). I wonder where Princess Alexandra was. I haven't seen her in any photos/videos yet during this year's national day...

Last edited:
How come Tatiana is not with him ? The engagement is official no ?
The engagement has been official for quite some time now.
However, Tatiana is pretty heavily pregnant right now so I'd image she would just want to skip the celebrations that last several hours.

Last edited:
Was Charlotte present last night? Maybe I missed an earlier post regarding her presence.

The engagement has been official for quite some time now.
However, Tatiana is pretty heavily pregnant right now so I'd image she would just want to skip the celebrations that last several hours.
I would say it is more likely she didn't attend is because they aren't married and she is pregnant.

Please explain the reason for the different sizes in the St Charles sash that Princess Charlene wears vs that which Princess Caroline is wearing.....

Have looked it up and see there are various levels to this award. Would think thats why...
Princess Charlene got Grand Cross (highest order). But nowhere can I see what Princess Caroline has... See on her website she also has Grand Cross. Cant explain the different sashes though, even their medals (on the lower left side) look different

Last edited by a moderator:
^Someone on a previous post said that Charlene was wearing a wider version usually used by men.

Thanks Iceflower for the new galleries!

:previous:
Perhaps the wider sash designates her position as Princess Consort?

Does anyone know why PAlbert does not wear a sash and Orders at the gala? Looks kind of strange when the ladies wear their Orders, but the Sovereign does not?

Does anyone know why PAlbert does not wear a sash and Orders at the gala? Looks kind of strange when the ladies wear their Orders, but the Sovereign does not?

I think he gave his to his wife LOL! But honestly I agree that he should be wearing the order as well and whilst being thrilled when pc got the order it has been spoilt a bit for me to see her wearing that odd oversized insignia.

Ahhh, I love all the pics. :flowers:

Everybody looks lovely, the only downside is no Princess Alexandra. :( Adults only I guess this year. :D

At first I did not recognize Princess Charlene because I honestly thought it was an old photo of Princess Diana; she looks so much like her imho, lovely memories. And it's great to see the sisters close again, not to mention looking legal; methinks they were discussing Caroline's first grandchild in that one pic. :) But my favorite this time was Charlotte, looking like she stepped out of the 1940's glamour era, particularly WWII, in fact she reminded me of this pic the instant I first saw her: Image Detail for - ... Kennedy Sr. was the United States Ambassador to England. Here, three

****ps: i've noticed Charlotte's hair has been getting lighter, which i love, this ginger shade being my favorite! but never ever go blonde, which imho looks absolutely ridiculous & slutty on women whom are not natural blondes nor nordic looking. leave that to real blondes like Princess Grace, Princess Diana, Princess Charlene, et al. jmho.****

Finally, the boys, they all look dashing and handsome, particularly Pierre per usual. That said, his big brother really looks like a father now, so so HAPPY for him and Tatiana and the entire family, especially Caroline! :cool:

Here's hoping next year Tatiana (& baby) show up; it'll take the pressure off her future sister-in-law Charlotte, and be a welcome addition to the family.

Oops, one more thing, I'm hoping beyond hope that this time next year Princess Charlene is either pregnant or has a little one to present to the crowd. When she does it will take the pressure off the entire Casiraghi clan, especially Andrea. :)

C4A, Albert wore his orders in medals . There is also the french order 'legion d'honneur', this evening there was on monaco channel a short report when Albert gave the orders of Saint Charles to Charlene.

Caroline received the order ' in french 'commandeur du mérite culturel' from Albert on november 2005. I think it was this order she wore yesterday evening.
the order of Saint Charles has different grades, more the order is high more is the sash wider. Charlene has the highest grade just after Albert who is the 'grand maitre' of this order.
the palace did not make a mistake but here there are so many people who are not pleased thet they say,stupid things
Charlene was splendid yesterday evening

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom