National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am glad to see the family again. But I must say I alarmed with Caroline's appearance -- she doesn't look healthy. She is radiant, elegant, regal, but not healthy nor refreshed. Her neck looks shockingly wrinkled. I know she's her age, but I don't recall her looking like this earlier this year.

I agree, she looks rundown. I hope she isn't sick again...:ermm: Stephanie looks rough though...but in a different way.

Thanks everyone for the pics! It's nice to see the family together again, too bad we didn't see Princess Antoinette this year. Charlotte looked much better this year than last year. Caroline's "hat" is similar to one Grace wore for MND in the 70s, except hers was blue. Stephanie looked stunning.

I wish we had more opera pics. It seems it was held this year at the Grimaldi Forum. Is it me or is Caroline wearing eyeglasses in one of the opera pics?

So many great pictures - where do I start?! Was there video, too? I cannot believe how big - and CUTE ;) - Alex is!! I like that she and Princess Caroline played off each other with red accents. Stephanie looks pretty, and it's nice to see her smiling; love - too - that she was holding her brother's arm. Prince Albert looks great, as does Ernst. Charlotte looked great (day and evening wear). Pierre and Andrea look so handsome! :cool: And, there are some great shots of Andrea and Princess Caroline - what a great day. :flowers:

Thank YOU, Iceflower!:flowers:

Am I the only one who thinks that Caroline and Ernst looked embarrassed for Alexandra's behaviour yesterday morning?

More pics of the Opera Gala from IBL

Gallery IBL

I think Caroline aged tremendously since last year. Her face looks strange and puffy.

Charlotte has the prettiest face but by far not the the best shape. The halterneck without a supporting bra doesn't show off her features favourably.

I very much disliked the arrogant and blasé expression on the ladie's faces (Caroline and Charlotte). Did they forget that their fortune is partly the result of the constant spotlight for the last 50 years (very much favoured by Rainier).

Yes giov you're right EA+C looked a bit embarassed by the behaviour of A. But obviously she's the spitting image of EA - and there's more to expect.

The constant neglect of Stephanie's children and Charlene at events like that gives a hint to the frosty atmosphere behind the scene.

A very disappointing event this year IMO.

I think Caroline aged tremendously since last year. Her face looks strange and puffy.

Charlotte has the prettiest face but by far not the the best shape. The halterneck without a supporting bra doesn't show off her features favourably.

I very much disliked the arrogant and blasé expression on the ladie's faces (Caroline and Charlotte). Did they forget that their fortune is partly the result of the constant spotlight for the last 50 years (very much favoured by Rainier).

Yes giov you're right EA+C looked a bit embarassed by the behaviour of A. But obviously she's the spitting image of EA - and there's more to expect.

The constant neglect of Stephanie's children and Charlene at events like that gives a hint to the frosty atmosphere behind the scene.

A very disappointing event this year IMO.

Caroline looked not her best, I agree, but she may have a flue coming or something like that. There still are occasions that she looks wonderful! Stephanie, on the other hand, always looks years and years older than her actual age. Maybe they have bad genes, when it comes to aging gracefully (GRACEfully). I remember that Grace as well as Rainier were looking very very middle-aged around their fifties, but these were different times, I agree. Despite looking, indeed, old and arrogant, Caroline is still more beautiful than Charlotte will ever be, who is just pretty.
As far as Stephanie's children etc. not being there, it is probably their own choice. Stephanie herself does not look as if she finds this a very enjoyable day. Maybe she wants to spare her children.

Caroline looked not her best, I agree, but she may have a flue coming or something like that. There still are occasions that she looks wonderful! Stephanie, on the other hand, always looks years and years older than her actual age. Maybe they have bad genes, when it comes to aging gracefully (GRACEfully). I remember that Grace as well as Rainier were looking very very middle-aged around their fifties, but these were different times, I agree. Despite looking, indeed, old and arrogant, Caroline is still more beautiful than Charlotte will ever be, who is just pretty.
As far as Stephanie's children etc. not being there, it is probably their own choice. Stephanie herself does not look as if she finds this a very enjoyable day. Maybe she wants to spare her children.
Yes maybe it's in the genes - e.g. who would have guessed 20 years ago, that the Spanish infantas will be by far more attractive in their fourties than Stephanie. They used to be ugly ducklings when they were young - and look at them now.
The same for Queen Sophia - compare her to Caroline - nobody would guess almost 20 year of age gap between them.
Indeed the ladies of the Spanish royalty manage to age more GRACEfully.

If only the skirt was longer :eek: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9320/11xx6.jpg

This is an official occasion, not party-time ...

not only that, charlotte obviously can't walk or stand in highheels. she doesn't push through her legs what gives her an awkward look. she should ask her uncle's pal naomi campbell for some advise. imo all woman looked worn or bored for one or the other reason, carolines children especially snobbish, alexandra is old enough and should be well enough educated to behave on such an important occasion, it was national day, remember? her parents were rightly embarrassed but if she interited ea's temper this was only the beginning. apart from albert who i have to admit does have some charisma on such occasions i am sorry to say that the overall impression is disappointing, they all look like relicts unable to preserve the sparkle of monaco's past for the present. very, very second class and cheap.

Glistening Seas

:) Hmm It's on the contrary we feel, because frankly they appeared all to be in very good spirits all day, including Alexandra whom for such a small child managed to hold up under the glare all day with barely a frown. Certainly maybe new clothes were a bit itchy against childrens sensitive soft skin?? That's pretty normal and no one can fault children for being children; it's simply okay.

Maybe the child needed a drink break or break for necessity or simply something to eat or a nap all sustainable reasons as to have behaved as she did. Actually, it would have seemed highly "unusual" for a child that age to make it thru an entire day in an atmosphere so charged with excitement and adreneline without losing steam?

On a thread someone mentioned Stephanie had said she wanted the kids out of the spotlight for a while.She still has a young one too and all that adreneline with all people fluttering about would probably make it difficult for the kids individually and collectively to hold up without losing steam?

:stocking: Actually we all know, that even on days like Christmas a "season for children" as high adreneline as children are on that day; however, after a while most children start to get tired and worn out and get out of sorts? so it seems pretty normal for around here. As far as the adults they too did quite well, and looked fab and God those flowers at the opera were gorgeous, were they real or silk does anyone know?!!!

What can we say the photo's were great!
As far as adults my heaven's they looked beautiful! that pic with the soft golden lighting on Caroline and Albert looked fabulous and so did everyone else. The whole aging gracefully is taken just a little to far by most people in general it seems. ( wistful sigh?) It just doesn't seem like anyone could age more gracefully than this group whom is doing so naturally and with scarcely a wrinkle between the bunch of them? Caroline and Steph looked just as mah-velous now as they did 20 years ago. Perhaps with a bit more glow to their hairstyles back then however, they seemed quite glowing same as with the beautiful kids.

:harvest::poinsettia:

Last edited:
Alexandra just looked like she had itchy stockings, so she scratched them. Stockings are uncomfortable, and children tend to act on instinct rather than tact at that age. While it wasn't the greatest momment to be caught on film (and the press were loving it, weren't they?), I don't see the big deal.

Alex is little girl that what kids do when they are uncomfortable and she didn't like her stocking. Why can't PS kids come and PA kids come. The whole family should be there to unity as one family. Even CW.:ROFLMAO:

I never understand it when people say they can't see Caroline in Alex. She's growing up to look like her mother, like lots of little girls who start out looking like their fathers.

Why are there no photos about the official events of this year Monaco's National Day yet? Or at least i haven't receive them yet? what's wrong?
What do you mean, Lazuli?
Hundreds of pics about Monaco's National Day Events have been posted in this thread in the previous pages. Have a look from page 1 !
You can find the pics of Monaco's National Day Celebrations ( November 19th) from post #27.

Ahah! I got them. For once in years Caroline gave a glimpse of the daring cheer young woman she was and that she's been so busy hididing in these last years: a dash of red rebellion in the so classical black. Alex, on the aother hand looked like a «little red devil ( and by this i only mean that she must be a playful little girl )» with her red stockings, although i think she's too young to wear bçlack. Charlotte could use one or two more inches in her skirt, just to balance the whole outfit and Stephanie look like a well behaved young woman...
But i really loved to see Caroline: finally a glimpse of the old and ever present spark

I never understand it when people say they can't see Caroline in Alex. She's growing up to look like her mother, like lots of little girls who start out looking like their fathers.
I think she might be developing lips like caro and charlotte, but that's really all. the rest is plain ernst. for now...

Is it just me or does Andrea look sickly.In the church he just doesn't look as vibrant as Pierre, maybe it's his hair?

I agree, she looks rundown. I hope she isn't sick again...:ermm: Stephanie looks rough though...but in a different way.

yeah I agree. In some pics she looks amazing actually, but in close ups not so good.

I don't like Charlotte's Opera look. The dress is unflattering, her face with that kind of hair/make-up looks gorgeous.

The whole day seemed to have a sad pall hanging over it. Only Albert seemed jovial.

Caroline: Looks better than she did last spring - healthier. At least she wasn't wearing one of Karl Lagerfeld's horror frocks which are ill-fitting and cheesy looking.

Stephanie - always looks so sad. She has such a glorious smile, but she always looks unkempt and haggard.

Charlotte - her too-short skirt at the church mass was embarrassing. She was attending an official event, not a get-together with her friends. I have never warmed to Charlotte who always has an arrogant look on her face and never smiles.

Alexandra - well, she seems to have calmed down a bit. At the circus this past year she was sticking her tongue out at the photographers. I feel that she is an ill-behaved child who is very spoiled. Caroline never behaved that way when she was young and I don't recall her other children ever acting up in this way. Caroline and EA seem to be very lax parents with Alexandra and I guess that her nanny has no say in the area of discipline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank YOU, Iceflower!:flowers:

Am I the only one who thinks that Caroline and Ernst looked embarrassed for Alexandra's behaviour yesterday morning?

More pics of the Opera Gala from IBL

Gallery IBL

Actually, as I was looking through the gallery of photos, there actually a few where Princess Stephanie, Andrea, Pierre, and Prince Albert are all looking in the same direction - for a few shots - as if something is happening:eek:; has drawn their attention - maybe that was it, if she was acting out.....:ermm: So, maybe Princess Caroline and Ernst were a bit embarrassed, if she was making a scene...:rolleyes:

The Monaco royal family looks great on Monaco National Day! :)

Princess Caroline looks so elegant in her black outfit with the red shoes and the red hat. Red is great colour on her.

Princess Stephanie's black outfit looks nice but I don't like her boots. She should have worn a pair of shoes, not boots. It doesn't match her outfit.

I noticed everyone wears black. Why did they wear black? I also noticed Princess Stephanie doesn't look happy. She always looks like that every year on National Day.

Princess Alexandra is so cute and is starting to look like her father, Prince Ernst.

Thank you, everyone for posting all of the pictures of the National Day.:flowers:

Have Princess Stephanie's kids ever come to National Day celebrations - I can't recall ever seeing any photos of them in attendance (could be wrong); we don't have this covered (really, at all) in the media here, so there are no videos of the events where they might be shown (if they weren't photographed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Glistening Seas

:) the opera pictures were the fav of that day for me, as well. Although, can anyone explain why there were people milling about while the royal family seemed at attention? Was there a ceremony happening or is this usual???

As far as stephanie's boots it appears the objective was the boots had a velvety furry look to them to co-ordinate with the collar of her very stylish outfit. Apparantly 'texture" is really "in-style" this season.

Certainly the Strauss must have been great and there were other things as well. :harvest::wreath:

Let's not travel the Charlene road. She is not a member of the Royal House therefore her appearance or lack of one at the National Day events is a non issue. As a result, some posts have been edited and/or deleted as off topic.

I think there is enough material regarding the actual members of the Royal House who actually attended that we can and should move on.

If you have any questions, please contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom