National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are some additional opera pics with less watermarks, the
dress was very unsual for Steph, maybe Caroline has chosen
it for her ;)

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Albert had another event yesterday, as part of the national day
celebrations he answered questions on the Internet:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Thanks to everyone that was kind enought to post photos for us all!:flowers:

Everyone looked great! Glad to see more of Stephanie also.

Thanks everybody for the great pics! Apparently Alexandra is growing less resemblant with her father, and is looking more and more Grace Kelly-ish, and smarter than her half sister! In a few years, the razzis will be chasing her. See you later...

Last edited:
It's very interesting to note that obviously, times are changing in Monaco. It's common knowledge that Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie have been barely on speaking terms for quite some time now while Prince Albert is closer to his younger sister. But now we see the effects on a different level with Princess Stephanie taking over a more public role throughout the National Day celebrations, even appearing in the company of her brother and without Caroline at the opera gala. Looks like the days of Princess Caroline forever acting as 'unofficial First Lady' are over.
Princess Stephanie has certainly lead a colorful life but it's unfortunate that this has turned her into something of a joke to the general public. Princess Caroline is known to be quite a social snob although she herself went through enough 'colorful' episodes in her private life. Maybe her higher rank as Princess of Hannover adds to that air of superiority which IMHO has been oozing from her over the past years, but there's simply no reason to look down on her sister... I wouldn't be surprised to see Stephanies children make National Day appearances in the years to come, it would be the next logic step.
Monaco's future might turn out to be quite interesting especially if Prince Albert does not produce an heir. Historically, the Grimaldis have always been a rather divided family, and it remains to be seen how the struggle for power will be resolved...

Charlotte looks elegant.. its more to the office outfit than to the function. But at least more mature. Simple but I love when she put the scarf on it.. Beautiful!! Now, I see myself wearing that to the office... :wub: Hmm, she is a 'trend setter'...:D

Last edited:
I think Caroline's hat is the same she wore on Willem-Alexander and Maxima's wedding.

I think, as she matures, she's taking on the features of her mother - her eyes are still like her fathers, however. But, as she matures, and the shape of her face is changing, her smile - she is starting to look more like Caroline.:)

The thing is that Charlotte looks so much (or exactly) like Caroline so everyone is wondering what will Alexandra look like, and IMO she'll be somewhere in between Ernst and Caroline, but more like Ernst.

In my opinion Stephanie looked great at the Opera.
I guess she was bored and tired, but I wonder why she didn't smile at all.
That's not nice, unless she was really really sad. I hope not.
http://i19.tinypic.com/6t5nv9h.jpg

Stephanie looks great, I like too Princess Caroline outfit.

It's very interesting to note that obviously, times are changing in Monaco. It's common knowledge that Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie have been barely on speaking terms for quite some time now while Prince Albert is closer to his younger sister. But now we see the effects on a different level with Princess Stephanie taking over a more public role throughout the National Day celebrations, even appearing in the company of her brother and without Caroline at the opera gala. Looks like the days of Princess Caroline forever acting as 'unofficial First Lady' are over.
Princess Stephanie has certainly lead a colorful life but it's unfortunate that this has turned her into something of a joke to the general public. Princess Caroline is known to be quite a social snob although she herself went through enough 'colorful' episodes in her private life. Maybe her higher rank as Princess of Hannover adds to that air of superiority which IMHO has been oozing from her over the past years, but there's simply no reason to look down on her sister... I wouldn't be surprised to see Stephanies children make National Day appearances in the years to come, it would be the next logic step.
Monaco's future might turn out to be quite interesting especially if Prince Albert does not produce an heir. Historically, the Grimaldis have always been a rather divided family, and it remains to be seen how the struggle for power will be resolved...

That's juicy...I had no idea Caroline was not speaking with Stephanie...they all look so civil photographs...

I agree that Caroline does have that air of superiority but she reminds me so much of her mother...very regal. Perhaps she is just used to acting this way with both Albert and Steph...more of a motherly figure...showing disappointment and such...

yes Stephanie was more interactive with Alexandra than i have ever seen in Pics

The outfit on Alex is so ugly...they should've let Charlotte dress her. And she looks like she is going to be a little terror when she gets older...LOL...

:D It's a traditional dress for National Day. Charlotte wore it too when she was Alex's age, as did Caroline and Stephanie at the same age.
I guess it is ugly though, but cute for little girls.... they grow out of it and don't see it again until their own little girls wear it.

I love Charlotte's whole outfit. The shoes were hot.

So Steph attended the opera this year, not Caroline. I wish they would all attend together, but it's not to be. Well, Ann de Massy and Melanie got the prime seats this year.

It seems that Stephanie is slowly emerging out of her shell and taking more of a public role. I am really glad for her! Hopefully she will become more relaxed when performing public duties and learn how to smile more often.
It was a pleasure seeing them all together without intruders! Hopefully they they will continue this trend.....

Alexandra will be more beautiful than Charlotte IMO.
I thought she was pretty ugly when she was a little kid but now, I think she's very beautiful. Probably she'll be a "blonde Caroline". And yes, I see much of her mom in her features.
In 7/8 years she'll be the next IT girl.

If you got to Youtube and search Monaco the video work on their. thanks for the video

Last edited:
Sophisticated Caro

Caroline looks great. The color from the outfit is beautiful. I also like Charlottes outfit. She wears a lot of black, but she looks elegant. Alexandra looks cute.
Thanks for the pictures :flowers:.
Caro looks superb as usual with her outfit in burgundy contrasted by a gray hat and shoes.This is an example of a lady who knows her subtle but unusual contrasts. I loved this outfit of hat and brooch ; very Isadora Duncan......sartrorially splendid..........for the National Day 2007

The Grimaldis are divided to the untrained eye.Actually they are a united we stand divided we fall family......I do not think there is an internal struggle and I also think they have it all figured out.They are cosmopolitan individuals who are highly cultured and educated.They know exactly what the score is.....

Alexandra will be more beautiful than Charlotte IMO.
I thought she was pretty ugly when she was a little kid but now, I think she's very beautiful. Probably she'll be a "blonde Caroline". And yes, I see much of her mom in her features.
In 7/8 years she'll be the next IT girl.

:D agree....i badly disliked her when she was younger...didn't find her attractive at all...but now, the more time goes by, the more beautiful she is...she really grow in me, she's one od my fave now :wub:...in a decade she will be gorgeous...but i'd say that she's more a hanover than a grimaldi...she really looks like her father, but she has some of her mother features...i don't know if she'll be a blonde caroline, only time will tell ;)

Back
Top Bottom