Monaco's succession issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Albert prepared all his life to be the Monaco ruler, while what does Andrea do? besides looking grunge and pretty everywhere?, he really hasn't taken any responsabilities to be nominated as heir, yes, he's Caroline's eldest son and Rainier's favourite grandkid, but come on, if he ever wants to be the Prince of Monaco he has to do things for the country, start to help his mother, his uncle or his aunt

I'm sorry if I offend the hardcore Andrea fans, but I wouldn't like my country ruled by someone who's only known for physical beauty, smoking and dating pretty girls

I'm not an "Andrea Fan".

I was simply curious how the succession would be if Prince Albert does not produce a heir of his own.

I'd rather Monaco has their next Grimaldi Prince (son from Prince Albert) than Andrea. Yeah, he's handsome and all, but I don't think he have the capability to rule the country. Like crisiñaki said, Prince Albert had been prepared his whole life to one day rule the country. But Princess Caroline (probably) haven't put a lot of thought about her son if one day he should rule Monaco (God forbid!)..

who knows ANdrea might not want the throne and pass it down to his even better looking brother PIERRE ^___^

I was simply curious how the succession would be if Prince Albert does not produce a heir of his own.

Well, Nicole is already planning Alexandre's coronation. Haha.

I'm not a hard core Andrea, or Pierre, or anyone's fan, but I wonder how do you know if Andrea is capable, willing or is being trained to possibly rule one day...
I'm sure the Grimaldis have given a lot of thought to the succession issue (change of Constitution) and don't leave things to the fate, so I'm sure Andrea is having or will have a good training, just in case, even though Albert still has every possibility of producing an heir. Plus, of all the potential heirs, Andrea is the only one who is actively involved in his mother's work for charity and the Principality (Amade).
As for Alexandre, he is not in line for succession and I think including not legitimate heirs would open a real Pandora box of plenty of women's revendications for PA; anyway Alex succeding PA would put Nicole too close to the throne for my personal taste...Anyway, in the end, only time will tell;

Kisses

Last edited:
Tzu An said:
Well, Nicole is already planning Alexandre's coronation. Haha.
:D she's probably already choosing which tiara to wear;) :D

paca said:
:D she's probably already choosing which tiara to wear;) :D

and calculating how much money alexandre (or she) will get!

Do you really think Alexandre will rule one day? I have the feeling you're forgetting about Caroline, and how determined she is...

Tosca said:
Do you really think Alexandre will rule one day? I have the feeling you're forgetting about Caroline, and how determined she is...

In an article in Point de Vue last summer, PA clearly said that Alexandre is not in line for succession. That was made clear in the agreement NC had with the Prince.

God forgive me, but every time I hear Kanye West's song, "Golddigger" she comes to mind.

pinklady1991 said:
In an article in Point de Vue last summer, PA clearly said that Alexandre is not in line for succession. That was made clear in the agreement NC had with the Prince.

God forgive me, but every time I hear Kanye West's song, "Golddigger" she comes to mind.

That is so funny but what about TR.

donatella said:
That is so funny but what about TR.

From what I understand, TR hasn't even confirmed that her daughter is PA's child...is it true that PA fell in the lobby of a hotel in NYC to avoid being served w/ papers requesting a DNA sample? I've only seen one photo of the girl and she does look like HSH... I dunno...could cost him in back support although the US courts don't have the jurisdiction to force him to do anything. May be a case of "if-I-ignore-it-long-enough-the-problem-will-go-away-on-its own" -- i.e., the girl turns 18. Or he could be working on something to keep it all out of the press.

I still have to ask, however, such a bright guy wouldn't use a condom constantly...not only fear of pregnancy but STD's... ;)

I love the Casiraghi trio but I don't think that Andrea is fit to rule. He has a continous I'm-cool-but-I'm-also-a-real-prick aura about him and on top of that he's occaisionally a little.... common. Like in those pics of him in NYC where he's wearing a dirty sweater and smoking. He just looks... common. I love the Casiraghi trio but I think they should stick to looking good and not try and rule anything.

pinklady1991 said:
From what I understand, TR hasn't even confirmed that her daughter is PA's child...is it true that PA fell in the lobby of a hotel in NYC to avoid being served w/ papers requesting a DNA sample? I've only seen one photo of the girl and she does look like HSH... I dunno...could cost him in back support although the US courts don't have the jurisdiction to force him to do anything. May be a case of "if-I-ignore-it-long-enough-the-problem-will-go-away-on-its own" -- i.e., the girl turns 18. Or he could be working on something to keep it all out of the press.

I still have to ask, however, such a bright guy wouldn't use a condom constantly...not only fear of pregnancy but STD's... ;)

I agree with you, it is all very interesting. I don't understand that part but also Is it he can't be with anybody attractive?

donatella said:
I agree with you, it is all very interesting. I don't understand that part but also Is it he can't be with anybody attractive?
Albert has been with many beautiful woman.
I still have to ask, however, such a bright guy wouldn't use a condom constantly...not only fear of pregnancy but STD's...
Condoms break, woman poke holes in them. And let me say this as a woman you would have to be more then stupid to have unprotected sex with any man in today's society especially when its a casual relationship. The door swings both ways and with STD's the woman honestly suffer more with them in many ways then men. And the more sexual partners the more likely you will get cancer.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Albert has been with many beautiful woman. Condoms break, woman poke holes in them. And let me say this as a woman you would have to be more then stupid to have unprotected sex with any man in today's society especially when its a casual relationship. The door swings both ways and with STD's the woman honestly suffer more with them in many ways then men. And the more sexual partners the more likely you will get cancer.

Well it is all very strange, if you say he has been with beautiful women then I suppose the ugly ones are the goldiggers. On the STD's issue I guess it works both ways because men are not the only ones with numerous sexual partners, so are women. Who knows who these women PA has been with have been with either.

this is getting a little off topic.

and doesn't make much sense to me.

please don't start derailing.

In response to the "beauty" question...as the saying goes it's all in the eye of the beholder.

RE: birth control/STD protection -- anyone is a fool in this day and age not to use it and maybe I was raised wrong, but planned "unplanned" pregnancies is not the way to build a relationship with anyone. Again, maybe I was raised wrong, but I can't understand why anyone would want to put herself in a position where she would become famous for "bad behavior." To this day, I don't do anything without my mother's admonition of "Act like a lady" running through my head.

I guess M|L, we are getting at the point of how PA got himself into such a position that suddenly there could be pretenders to the throne. Right now, the line is secure...Caroline and her children...but right now we are just wondering what could potentially threaten the line of succession. All conjecture...

Thanks PinkLady, not many women know how to be a lady. Good point!!

Now I don't know French law but if PA is ruler can't he change the law again if he chose to and have Alexander one day be the heir to the throne.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is not only Caroline and her children in the line of successin!
The thing is very simple: The ligitimate heir is: a ligitimate child of Albert...if there will be none...it will go down to Caroline, then to Andrea etc. ... As it also might be that those just mentioned do , for some reason or another, not want to or are not able to assume this part...then the succession line is long enough. Albert II could also 'break' the line by adopting on of his siters kids....

...we all discussed that before, didn't we?

Yes, he can change the Constitution, with the approval of the National Council, but to include Alex, he would have to include all not-legitimate heirs, thus opening the way for other potential kids (for example Jazmine Grace if the rumors were true...)
I guess he might want to change the law if he developed a wonderful relationship with Alex (and his mother), and if things got rough with Caro and or her kids, but at present, giving his "difficult" relationship with both Nicole and baby, it is not very probable.

Kisses

Eta: Adoption is not an option anymore under the new Constitution; so the line at present is Caro, Andrea, Pierre, Char, Alex, Steph, Louis, Pauline...

Last edited:
Grace said:
Yes, he can, with the approval of the National Council, but to include Alex, he would have to include all not-legitimate heirs, thus opening the way for other potential kids (for example Jazmine Grace if the rumors were true...)
I guess he might want to change the law if he developed a wonderful relationship with Alex (and his mother), and if things got rough with Caro and or her kids, but at present, giving his "difficult" relationship with both Nicole and baby, it is not very probable.

Kisses

If things go rough wih Caro and her kids there would still be Stephanie and her kids ...

..is there only Caroline ?

He can't change the Constitution to cut off Caro and kids, but leave Steph and hers, so if he changes things, Alex gets the throne, if not Caro and kids come before Steph and kids, I don't think there's any lawful ways to change this state of things, as adoption is ruled out...

Well as Albert is the ruler, the boss, he'd be able to change the law ( it would take something but he could) if he desperatly wanted Stephanie or Louis to succeed , and if they wanted, (which is more than hypothetical) , and if Caroline and her children would agree...
..what I mean is a scenario like : Albert decides for some reason that Louis should be his successor ( which won't happen, just hypothetically) and Stephanie agrees, and Louis agrees, and Albert would have trained Louis , and Andrea would be fine with it and Pierre and Caro, well everybody infact...don't you think it would be possible for Albert to change things so that this could be made happen. It would, things and laws would have to be arranged ...but it must be possible.

Last edited:
Well, Albert could change the Constitution to allow adoption again I guess, and then adopt Louis, but if all those involved agree, the six people before Louis can just abdicate...it just seemed a little far fetched, I think Albert will leave things as they are, or change in favour of his own son. Moreover, Caro even if not completely willing, as always seemed much more inclined than Steph to involve her kids in the life of the Principality, but i guess we'll just have to wait (I hope for Albert a long time) and see.

Kisses

I think that PA will be fine...I don't think we should be too worried about succession yet. Everything always works out for the best in the end.

And why does everyone consider Caroline to be the next Machiavelli?

First of all I think both sisters are quite happy where they are at present and I think that both of them would be rather happy to see PA well married and happy with his own little family. Caroline said this years and years ago in one of her rare TV interviews and said that she couldn't wait to step a little out of the limelight to leave things to PAs wife. So I doubt that she is as ambitious as some try to make her out to be. And since she is well aware of what it would mean for her children to succeed their uncle, I doubt that se sits in her room and prays every evening for PA not to find a wife. On the contrary, I think she would be quite happy if her children would not have to step in.

As to changing the constitution, PA can do what he wants, he just has to get the ok from the conseil national, which is with a strong prince a formality.

As pink said, he'll be fine, unless of course he dies tomorrow, which I find a rather unlikely scenario. He has plenty of time and I'm sure he will eventually find someone. When he is ready. You can't force things like that neither as a "normal" person nor as a prince.

BEsides we still have pink getting ready for takeover ;)

The next ruler

Hi!

The Casiraghi Trio don't have titles because Caroline wanted them to have a normal life. This happened almost 22 years ago. So, I think she hope that Albert could married and to have his own kids one day. But it didn't happened. So, one day and this is possible, Andrea can assume the throne. For while he is studing and he is young. There is time enough to him to prepare himself!

Kisses everyone!
I hope you can understand my english! ;)

Liz - TFAF

paca said:
First of all I think both sisters are quite happy where they are at present and I think that both of them would be rather happy to see PA well married and happy with his own little family. Caroline said this years and years ago in one of her rare TV interviews and said that she couldn't wait to step a little out of the limelight to leave things to PAs wife. So I doubt that she is as ambitious as some try to make her out to be.

I've read this as well...all three siblings are very close, I can't imagine any one of the three not wanting anything but the best for the others. I'm sure some of the familial drama of generations past is over with -- if not it would be sad for Princess Grace's legacy. From what I've read about her, she raised her children to be supportive of each other -- when things go bad, close ranks.

paca said:
As pink said, he'll be fine, unless of course he dies tomorrow, which I find a rather unlikely scenario. He has plenty of time and I'm sure he will eventually find someone. When he is ready. You can't force things like that neither as a "normal" person nor as a prince.

Well said, paca. While well-intentioned friends and family may want you to find someone and be happy, you don't want to be with someone just for the sake of being with someone. :)

paca said:
BEsides we still have pink getting ready for takeover ;)

Yep, that's me...Princess Pinky. :D I have this sinking feeling that I will soon have a visit from the Dept. of State about my "hostile remarks" toward another nation. ;)

Liz -- I don't want to be condescending but I think your English is adorable and excellent.

pinklady1991 said:
I've read this as well...all three siblings are very close, I can't imagine any one of the three not wanting anything but the best for the others. I'm sure some of the familial drama of generations past is over with -- if not it would be sad for Princess Grace's legacy. From what I've read about her, she raised her children to be supportive of each other -- when things go bad, close ranks.

Well said, paca. While well-intentioned friends and family may want you to find someone and be happy, you don't want to be with someone just for the sake of being with someone. :)

Yep, that's me...Princess Pinky. :D I have this sinking feeling that I will soon have a visit from the Dept. of State about my "hostile remarks" toward another nation. ;)

Liz -- I don't want to be condescending but I think your English is adorable and excellent.
Don't forget while you all are plotting to take over Monaco and marry Albert I said he was already spoken for.

Back
Top Bottom