Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to part 3 of the thread to discuss Jazmin Grace Grimaldi, who today has been officially acknowledged as the illegitimate daughter of Prince Albert.

The newspaper article announcing this development is here, and MyAdia has provided a translation at the end of part II of this thread, which can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/jazmin-grace-grimaldi-rotolo-part-2-a-9333.html

Please remember that however strongly you feel about this latest piece of news, our rules about treating other posters with respect and not bashing royals and their associates still apply. The moderation team will be watching this thread carefully and removing posts that don't comply with the rules.

Last edited:
Talk about owing someone an apology...Albert definitely owes Tamara Rotolo and Jazmin a sincere apology, bedsides any monetary settlement. In 14 years, Tamara has not given any public interviews - no magazine articles, no television interviews, or photo spreads (unlike Nicole). I think it would display a certain touch of class if she remains out of the public view for her sake and Jazmin's. Having a child of wedlock for a prince shouldn't not be a launching pad for celebrity status. Thus far, she seems to have done a good job raising Jazmin out of the limelight, hopefully she will continue.

Do you think Alexandre and Jazmin are the only children he has fathered?

Wow, I'm speechless.:eek:

Are there anymore children? At this point who knows, but I would not rule it out.

His spokesman has been saying there aren't any more. I have no idea how he can be so sure, but no doubt time will tell, one way or the other.

Well, this certainly hurts his integrity. I never thought for a minute she was not his daughter. This isn't an I told you so moment, but, his failure to simply comply with a DNA test reguardless of any other info, says guilty.

I did and do think PR probably had his hand in how TR and Jazmin were handled, which does not at all make it okay. PA is a grown man and should have stepped up to the plate. IMO he did n't because PR could have easily passed him over for Caroline and probably left Monoco in better hands.

MyAdia said:
Talk about owing someone an apology...Albert definitely owes Tamara Rotolo and Jazmin a sincere apology, bedsides any monetary settlement. In 14 years, Tamara has not given any public interviews - no magazine articles, no television interviews, or photo spreads (unlike Nicole). I think it would display a certain touch of class if she remains out of the public view for her sake and Jazmin's. Having a child of wedlock for a prince shouldn't not be a launching pad for celebrity status. Thus far, she seems to have done a good job raising Jazmin out of the limelight, hopefully she will continue.
It goes beyond apology. Can't make a young girl feel too good about herself knowing her father refused to acknowledge paternity for fourteen years....

:confused: I wonder if Prince Albert has any kind of relationship with Jazmin? Let's hope so, but why wait 14 yrs to say anything?

Ok, it is official now and apparently it is the same procedure as last year (for the Germans among us I'd like to add:let's hope this is not going to be Monacos Dinner for one...). So I guess tonight there will be another TF1 interview (let's hope he is better prepared this time, because he is again meeting PPDA and he is not in the habbit of letting people get out of answering questions).

BTW in the interview, TL says that they had originally planned to keep it quiet till she is 18, but there were too may journalists snooping around her that it became an impossible situation for her, which made them decide to go public. She will for the moment stay in the US, but is free to come to MC anytime she likes or can even live here, if she so choses.

A link to the local Front page http://www.nicematin.fr/upload/documents/essentiel_1_201.pdf

Last edited:
I wonder if he has more children out there that he has yet to acknowledge publicly? When's he going to get married, settle down & have a family & provide an heir already. As opposed to having all these children out of wedlock. It can't be good for the children to not have a full time father.

Maybe Prince Albert is trying to get everything in order in his life before he starts thinking about marriage and having a legitimate heir.

Who know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe he has always had contact with Jazmin?

What does always strike me as odd is how Albert has two illegitimate children yet the other princes have managed to avoid such situations.

(Perhaps because they still have their mothers with them - pure speculation on my part of course.)

MyAdia said:
I think Albert has been supporting Jazmin since she was a baby, Albert met Jazmin when Tamera brought her in front of him and said, "Albert say HELLO to your daughter." Albert was on a visit in the U.S. at the time and Tamera traveled with Jazmin so he would not get out of his obligations. It was at this time that Albert pulled them aside and went off to talk to her. This was reported in the media years ago, it might still be on-line somewhere.

marakimou said:
Do you think Alexandre and Jazmin are the only children he has fathered?
Theres more. Albert said, "he knows there are more paternity claims" At that time he was literally asking for these women to come forward. I guess he had or wanted to wait until Rainier past away or maybe he wanted to wait until he was in charge. I have heard about a third child. We probably have all read about that one.

Well, I've never thought much about Albert but he's really gone down in my estimations.

Kyra said:
I think Albert has been supporting Jazmin since she was a baby, Albert met Jazmin when Tamera brought her in front of him and said, "Albert say HELLO to your daughter." Albert was on a visit in the U.S. at the time and Tamera traveled with Jazmin so he would not get out of his obligations. It was at this time that Albert pulled them aside and went off to talk to her. This was reported in the media years ago, it might still be on-line somewhere.

Two months ago this poster ago made persistent arguments that some of us dismissed. The poster Trustworthy argued that Albert probably was supporting Jazmin and seeing her all along, especially since Tamara has been relatively quiet since the court case was dismissed. Remember, this woman was a waitress and now she lives in a gated-community in a very high price real estate area. Many of us dismissed it, but now it seems that Trustworthy knew more than some of us. Albert's lawyer was very specific with his words 9as most lawyers are), he said that Albert is "officially recognizes a paternity that was legally established a few weeks ago." So, this does not preclude the fact that Albert could have unofficially recognized her some time ago.
Quote:
The theory PA & TR have a dea makes little sense.

ACTUALLY, IT WOULD MAKE PERFECT SENSE FOR THEM TO HAVE A SECRET DEAL.

Quote:
Why did she push the issue & take it to court?

SHE TOOK IT TO COURT 15 YEARS AGO AFTER THE BIRTH AND HASN'T DONE SO SINCE AS FAR AS ANYONE IN AUTHORITY CAN DETERMINE.

Quote:
Why did she put his surmane on the BC?

WHY WOULD SHE NOT IF HE'S THE GIRL'S FATHER, OR WHAT IF HE WANTED SUCH UNTIL HIS FATHER LEARNED OF IT.

Quote:
Why did she travel to MC of all places during X-Mas if she wanted secret?

MAYBE HE WANTE TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER. THE BETTER QUESTION IS: WHY WAS THE GIRL IN MONACO A FEW WEEKS AGO WITH PA... OTHER THAN TO MAINTAIN A RELATIONSHIP THEY MAY HAVE BEEN HAVING FOR YEARS.

Last edited:
I have read that one of Alberts close friends gave this information out for this book to be written that talks about Jazmin. I wonder if Albert is furious again? Who is this so called close best friend? <speculation deleted - Elspeth>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is great that he finally admitted to being the father for Jazmin's sake. I cant believe her has 2 illegitimate kids . wonder if Stephanie or Caroline will meet her.

RADKER18 said:
wonder if Stephanie or Caroline will meet her.
maybe Steph will make a stopover while she is in the states this weekend?;)

Yeah That would be nice Jazmin's age is closers to Stephanie kids .

I'm speechless; I remember when the news first came out (in 1993 I think) and Albert firmly denied the whole thing, brushing Tamara off as a woman who was trying to take advantage of his name and position. I'm losing all respect for him!

BTW, the girl is 14 so if Albert, Steph or Caroline had wanted to form a bond with her or at least see her they could have done it before; they didn't need the official recognition. I really think Albert is doing the right thing on paper, but has no interest in being a father to these kids (I'm ready to apologize if proven wrong by pics or interviews, but where was he during the last 14 years when he was just Hereditary Prince and had much more freedom?)

Oh, and very brave of him to always be abroad when the news comes out...Bravo!

Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Part III

I wonder what Princess Grace would think of this if she were alive today. Since she didn't approve of Caroline and Philippe Junot's actions when they were dating, I truly wonder what she would think about Albert's actions?:confused:

Prince Albert II of Monaco and his attorney Thierry Lacoste leave a Notarial office in Paris, May 2006. Thierry Lacoste says in an interview published in Le Figaro, one of FranceÕs leading daily newspapers, on June 1, 2006, that Prince Albert II of Monaco has recognized a daughter fathered by him out of wedlock Ð Jazmin Grace,l who is now a 14-year-old Palm Desert resident. Palm Desert resident and ex-waitress Tamara Jean Rotolo filed a lawsuit against the prince in Riverside County in late 1992, claiming he was the father of her daughter, born March 4 of that year./0606010821
Newscom
The pics are so small you can barley see him but the pictures come from Sipa someone with a account there can get the bigger pics.

11b4yn7.jpg
11b4yyu.jpg

I suppose both parents are rotating in their graves ;)

paca said:
I suppose both parents are rotating in their graves ;)
Paca, you took the words right out of my mouth. When I realized that it was true my exact words were" My God both Princess Grace and Prince Ranier must have turned over in their graves."

I hope that Jazmin is able to spend time with Caroline and Stephanie as well as Albert. I fear however that Caroline in particular may want to distance herself from the scandal. If Albert is distant with Jazmin like we believe he is with Alexandre then it must be very unlikely that Jazmin will infact spend much time in Monaco or get to know her aunts and cousins. Does anybody really know if Caroline and Stephanie have even met Alexandre?

It is a shame that he did it now after 14 years. I'm glad for the girl and her mother, finally he admitted the truth. Hopefully he will do more than gave her an official recognition but also give them love and support. He doesnt know if these will be the only children he will be able to have, after a certain age, fertility gets more complicated. So he better start acting as a father for them.

This is no great surprise. Men of power and privilege have had such "dalliances" since the beginning of time. It is well-documented about many of the British kings (think Alice Keppel) and, here in the US, Jack Kennedy. I'm not shocked whatsoever. However, it does make me realize that people are just people - some with a title but nevertheless just people.

Diane

I'm glad both mothers stood up for their rights and demanded that PA take responsibility for his actions. He should pay. I know what it's like to be raised by a single mother and from what I saw in previous pics, JGG looks like a sweet girl. It will be interesting to see the comparisons made between how PA relates to her versus Alex. I wonder how JGG feels about this? It would be cool to see her hanging with her older cousins in Paris. Maybe she will spend the summer holdiay in Paris and Monaco and get to know her European family.

Last edited:
I hope that Tamara and Albert can continue to let her Jazmin lead a normal life. It would be best if the poor girl can go back to as much normalcy as possible. It has been 14 years, I can't imagine Albert suddenly being Dad...they're going to have to establish a relationship slowly and Albert is going to have to really explain in detail why he denied her all of those years. I don't think we'll see either JGG or Alex hanging out with their Grimadli cousins at any time...Albert clearly sees those two elements of his life as separate and will make sure they stay that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom