International homage to H.S.H. Princess Grace of Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oops, I was inattentive towards you, ForeverGrace...:ermm:
Sorry, if I offended you, I'd not do it...
I'm looking forward to you and your opinion.:)

You did not offend me at all queenofthelight
I guess the men on TRF are few... I've always been a huge fan
of our beloved Princess. If you get the chance you really should visit one
of the exhibitions and pay tribute to this amazing and unique woman!
All my best to you:flowers:

It's brilliant news that at last the V& A have announced they will be hosting this wonderful exhibition. I think the following publication will be released to accompany the exhibition:
Grace Kelly Style: Fashion for Hollywood's Princess

I think its a good idea the exhibition has a slightly honed in focus - it will be interesting to see if the gowns are displayed in a different way. I too will treasure memories of the Monaco exhibition, it's only right that this venue focused more on the intimate memorbilia. I agree ForeverGrace there needs to be a permanent exhibition space in Monaco for such a remarkable woman - she did so much to put the Principality on the map. Meanwhile we can look forward to coverage of the Rome exhibition:)

Pics 15.10.2009

The exhibition in Rome has started!

Prince Albert II of Monaco at the opening ceremony of "The Grace
Kelly Years, Princess of Monaco" exhibit that takes place in the
Palazzo Ruspoli in Rome between October 16th 2009 and February
28th 2010. Rome, Italy, October 15, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks dear iceflower for posting the photos.In spite of having visited the exhibition both in Monaco and in Paris,I would like to visit in Rome too.:whistling:
I would like to know the measures of the exhibition,as in Monaco was 4000m· and in Paris only 700m· ,so I missed many dresses and other things.If anyone knows the dimensions,please tell me....

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty:The exhibition in Rome must have been a dee-lite to see! From here there's a dress that's never been seen before. Does anyone have a picture of Pss. Grace in the dress with the different colored squares on it and the event she wore it at. :harvest:

I so would like too be in Rome for the exhibition!
Many beautiful dresses wore by her, and listening to Prince Albert giving his speech. Thanks for the pics!

Do you mean the Dior Butterfly dress? She wore it in 1968 for some function and also on the Monte Carlo Rose TV special from 1968, I think it's in the videos thread here.

Pics 22.10.2009

Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the ceremony where the City
of Beverly Hills and the Rodeo Drive Committee will honor Princess
Grace of Monaco and the renowned French jeweler Cartier for their
contributions to the worlds of fashion and entertainment with the
Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Award. Los Angeles, California on October
22, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** abaca press ** gettyimages **

gistening Seas

:harvest:wow the pics were simply spec-ta-cular! PA simply looks smashing at the awards and you were right about the outfits they were all fabulous. Loved the red & black stripped outfit very chic & flattering for the wearer. Although we too had our fav outfits they were all truly beautifully picked and worn as well. You were right ms. belle and moore were exquisite outfits!! As well as the printed gowns. Truly a wonderful collection of people and outfits too. You coud see PA was truly excited to be receiving the award and if anyone deserved it he did for his mom was truly a great artist whom was very good at her craft. :champagne:

:harvest:wow the pics were simply spec-ta-cular! PA simply looks smashing at the awards and you were right about the outfits they were all fabulous. Loved the red & black stripped outfit very chic & flattering for the wearer. Although we too had our fav outfits they were all truly beautifully picked and worn as well. You were right ms. belle and moore were exquisite outfits!! As well as the printed gowns. Truly a wonderful collection of people and outfits too. You coud see PA was truly excited to be receiving the award and if anyone deserved it he did for his mom was truly a great artist whom was very good at her craft. :champagne:
Wonder why PCaroline/Charlotte didnt accept this award- this event seem more like her cup of tea;)

Short video of the Walk of Style award containig a nice tribute to Grace at the start. Look out for a short clip of Grace entering a room in a gorgeous ballgown with red sash - would love to see the whole clip or a colour photo of this gown.
Walk of Style Awards

Source: sfgate.com

Spoto sets the record straight on Grace Kelly

Nearsighted, asthmatic as a child, willful at times, Grace Kelly was so beautiful that she spellbound director Alfred Hitchcock for three films, including the classic 1954 thriller "Rear Window." Then she married a prince.
Biographer Donald Spoto, author of "High Society: The Life of Grace Kelly," hopes his new book sets the record straight about the Oscar-winning actress, who made 10 movies in four years before becoming the Princess of Monaco in 1956.
"After Grace's death," he says, "there was a spate of absolutely lubricious, mendacious fabrications about her sex life written by people who call themselves biographers. She was a red-blooded young woman who had boyfriends before she got married, but to present her as a woman of almost pathologic libertinism, a nymphomaniac, is absolute rubbish."
Spoto reports that contrary to popular perception, Kelly never intended to retire from movies altogether.
"When she married Prince Rainier, Grace had contractual obligations that she expected to fulfill, but as years went by, there were no roles for actresses like Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn. Instead you had Faye Dunaway in 'Bonnie and Clyde,' Elizabeth Taylor in 'Who's Afraid of Virginal Woolf?,' Anne Bancroft in 'The Graduate.' Grace was hungry to do more films, but this new, frank sexuality never appealed to her."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/13/AR2009111301393.html (14/11/2009)

A preview article about the V & A exhibition in London.
Telegraph 11th April

It states that some exhibits have been loaned from the Balenciago Museum in Spain. Does anyone know about these exhibits - were they part of the original exhibition in Monaco?

Isn't it strange that there is no mention of Princess Grace her wedding gown in any of the articles
about the upcomming exhibition?
If it would not be on display, the exhibiotion would not be complete.... Does anyone know who
is going to open the exhibition in London? Prince Albert was in Rome for the opening, Princess Stephanie in Moscow.... I'll be there on april 21th!

Isn't it strange that there is no mention of Princess Grace her wedding gown in any of the articles
about the upcomming exhibition?
If it would not be on display, the exhibiotion would not be complete.... Does anyone know who
is going to open the exhibition in London? Prince Albert was in Rome for the opening, Princess Stephanie in Moscow.... I'll be there on april 21th!

I too get the impression the wedding gown isn't part of the exhibition, which would be a significant loss. I think it has featured in all the other exhibitions so far. Perhaps it had to go back to Philadelphia having been on loan for such a lengthy period - I get th eimpression it was originally envisaged that the London exhibition would have been sooner. My guess is Caroline to open ( would be wonderful if Charlotte accompanied her - not impossible as she spends quite a lot of time in the UK).
I shall be there in June - taking 4 friends & introducing them to the magic of Grace :flowers:

I am really looking forward to seeing this exhibition - going in June

I was at the Catherine walker exhibition at the V&A a few years back which featured some dresses that Diana wore and you were allowed to use cameras - does anyone know if cmaeras will be allowed into the Grace Kelly exhibition?

- Grace Kelly: Style Icon - Private View - London -

Charlene Wittstock, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Sophie, Countess of
Wessex and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex attend the private view
of the exhibition 'Grace Kelly: Style Icon', at the Victoria & Albert
Museum on April 15, 2010 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

** zimbio: Grace Kelly: Style Icon - Exhibition **

** zimbio : GBR: Grace Kelly: Style Icon - Private View **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom