International Circus Festival & New Generation Festival 2012 - 2020, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

This is the thread dedicated to the 36th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo
that takes place from January 19th - January 29th, 2012 at the Chapiteau de Fontvieille in Monaco!

First information can be found at the official site montecarlofestival.mc.
And this is the new colourful 2012 flyer/poster!

Following the Circus Festival there will be a new, special event - the first Festival "New Generation",
a competition for young circus artists. The winners will be awarded with the "Gold Junior", "Silver Junior"
and the "Bronze Junior" referring to the awards given at the original festival.

Princess Stephanie will act as President, Pauline Ducruet will be the President of the Jury.

The Festival "New Generation" will take place on February 4th and 5th, 2012.
Here's the official flyer/poster!

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

The thread will be opened when the circus events start,
in the meanwhile take a look at our retrospective thread or
at one of the nice threads of the last years' festivals! :flowers:

* *​

Just two more days and the annual festival will start again! :)

Princess Stephanie with Pauline Ducruet and together with several artists today, January 17,
presented the festival to the press:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages/daylife gallery ** gettyimages/wireimage **

** hola: Estefanía de Mónaco y su hija Pauline Ducruet se reúnen con la gran familia del circo **

** parismatch gallery: Le cirque de Monaco ! ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

And last week Stephanie has visited a circus museum and has given an interview about the
circus festival and her involvement:

** nicematin: Stéphanie : « Je fais partie de la grande famille du cirque » ** translation **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Here are some google translated parts in case the article won't stay that way - as we already
know nicematin articles often vanish...;)

Immediately after this year's Festival will be held New Generation, a festival open to young talents. The desire is to create a pool of artists around the festival?

Yes, it is logical for the festival. It was a bit of our vocation to support a festival for young artists who will be moved on the track alike. It will be a real show, with numbers of animals performed by children, which is unique. A troupe of acrobats of Monaco and the school students trail of blue, our only regional school that does a great job, will also attend. Perhaps some of these artists will return one day to the "big" festival.

Your daughter Pauline will chair the jury of the New Generation. It symbolizes an affiliation of enthusiasts in your family?

She had the education and the circus follows me often in the shows. We do not loupons Gruss circus Medrano or when they come to Nice. Pauline loves the traditional numbers. Sometimes the most modern services, please him more than me. It surprises me, because his trial and his eyes are already very sharp, probably due to the fact that she grew up in the circus. She has friends in this family, it was known as a child. As I who coasted from childhood Bouglione Joseph, Geraldine Knie or Flavio Togni.

You feel fully part of this big family circus?

I have a real affection for them as cousins. I do not lie when I say that I am part of this large family in which my children and I can always count on. We have the same values, those people loyal and rights of self-transcendence to give dreams to people. The best quality of the circus, it's true. It leaves his problems at home, it does not complain. In a sanitized world, computerized, self-centered, the circus continues with its values, is what saves us. And I would fight all my life to defend the true values.

These are values ​​that you carry to lead the team during the festival?

On Monday, we will have three days of hell (laughs)! In three days, you have to climb two performances of four hours, completely different. In any other circus, it's three weeks of rehearsal minimum. But we are fortunate to have a team of great professionals, whom I respect greatly and I can not thank enough. Boys track, stage, orchestra, technicians, I draw them a big tip of the hat! Without them we could not do that.

Last edited:
I'm sooooo looking forward to this, which I do every year, especially the new addition they will be adding this year! :flowers: :heart:

The only thing I'm a bit sad about is the kids keep getting older every year and eventually they no longer attend the Circus (aka the Casiragh Trio). :(

Here's hoping Stephanie's kids stay children at heart forever, just like their grandfather Prince Rainier & mother Princess Stephanie, and never leave the circus, instead attend every year. :cool:

At least little Princess Alexandra is still a child (12), so I hope to see her again this year, as well as Camille, whom is still only 13. They have at least one or two more years to go, as IIRC Charlotte stopped attending after she turned 13. :(

^ Actually Charlotte attended in 2008, and Pierre attended last year. So you never know who will show up!

I'm excited too. I love the Circus Festival!

It starts today, yeah! :cool:

Thanks, too, for the info. about Charlotte (must've missed her that year). However, I do recall Pierre and his long-time lovely Italian girlfriend attending last year as well, but I only remember the children (i.e. Princess Alexandra & Camille). :flowers:

Albert,Charlene,Stephanie will attend the opening night of the festival of circus on january 19th.'it is announced by the official page of the palace of Monaco to day

:p
^ Actually Charlotte attended in 2008, and Pierre attended last year. So you never know who will show up!

I'm excited too. I love the Circus Festival!

In the "Charlotte Casiraghi current events" you will se pics of Charlotte at the Nice Airport, dated Jan 17. So I believe shoe goes to Monaco for the Circus!:p

Thanks for the info! :)

Hopefully the youngest children will attend as welll (i.e. 12 yr. old Princess Alexandra & 13 yr. old Camille), and hopefully Pauline will be there alongside her mom. :flowers:

ps: can't wait till Albert & Charlene have their own children, a new generation of young Grimaldis to attend the Circus! :heart:

Princess caroline did never attend the festival circus untill the death of her father the prince Rainier of Monaco, we never saw neither Andréa and charlotte. Apart when they were young at the times of prince Rainier
Last year, there were only the princess stephanie, Pauline and the prince Albert. at the opening of the festival
At the second program which took place two days after, Pierre Casiraghi came with his girlfriend and princess Alexandra.
At the gala evening, there were stephanie,Pauline ,Albert and Charlène
Last year, Camille did not attend at all these evenings
I think Camille will attend this year to the evenings. I think Alexandra will attend with her brother Pierre at one of the evening. but it could change this year and we could see all the family of Monaco

I don't care how many family members will attend as long as some do attend.
It's time the Monaco threads rock the house again :lol:
(ok, I would specially love to see Albert and Charlene)

It starts today, yeah! :cool:

Not yet, it starts tomorrow :)

Today, January 18, the general rehearsal has taken place, Stephanie and Pauline were there:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And yesterday Stephanie also attended the opening of the circus exhibition at the Oceanographic Museum.

** Pic **

Hey, I'm a new comer, so i tought a should say Hi :flowers:

Just would like to say that I've been visiting the site for quite a while but only yesterday I decide to join, you all do a great job and I love your post's Iceflower (I have to confess :ROFLMAO:)

I'm a huge fan of the whole family but I have a special thing for princess stephanie and her family!!!

So anyways, I loveee Pauline and I'm looking foward to see the circus this year!!!

:previous:

That's great to hear, welcome at the forums, louine! :flowers:

Princess caroline did never attend the festival circus untill the death of her father the prince Rainier of Monaco, we never saw neither Andréa and charlotte. Apart when they were young at the times of prince Rainier

Not quite correct (I guess you've meant "after the death" and not "until", haven't you?) - both Princess
Caroline and Charlotte attended the festival in 2008 :flowers:

Not yet, it starts tomorrow :)

Today, January 18, the general rehearsal has taken place, Stephanie and Pauline were there:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And yesterday Stephanie also attended the opening of the circus exhibition at the Oceanographic Museum.

** Pic **

Ooops, I was overexcited and thought it started today. :blush:

By the way, GORGEOUS pics of Pauline, what a natural beauty. She looks even better without makeup, and also looks about 10 years old without it as well. What a heartbreaker she's going to be, and is I'm sure. :cool:

BRING ON THE CIRCUS!!!! :cheers: :hug: :popcorn: :clap:

Stéphanie is the president of the festival of ciecus. She is the person who see what people would be in the vip box, it is not the palace neither the members of the family who do.
to day there will be Albert and Charlene, they are the main persons of the family Pauline, stéphanie of course and perhaps Camille
to morrow, ther will be an another evening, perhaps there will be the other members of the family.(pierre, charlotte, alexandra)
At least, there will be the gala.
Pauline workes a lot with her mother at the festivals , she is the president of the young generation of circus, it will be unfair for her to see all the medias focused on Charlotte if she is present at an evening because she has an affair wuth Gad Rl Maleh

Here's a nice new pic of Princess Stephanie and Pauline Ducruet presenting the trophies "The
Golden Clown" of the Circus Festival and the "Golden Junior" of the new festival "New Generation":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

This year's programme is arranged as follows:

Thursday, January 19th: 8 pm - competition show, 1st programme

Friday, January 20th: 8 pm - competition show, 2nd programme

Saturday, January 21st: 2.30 pm - open-air circus parade

Saturday, January 21st: 8 pm - competition show, 1st programme

Sunday, January 22nd: 3 pm - competition show, 2nd programme

Monday, January 23rd: 7 pm - ecumenical mass at the circus tent

Monday, January 23rd: 8.30 pm - charity soccer match

Tuesday, January 24th: 8 pm - awards gala evening

And from January 25th - 29th the winners' shows will be presented

Pauline workes a lot with her mother at the festivals , she is the president of the young generation of circus, it will be unfair for her to see all the medias focused on Charlotte if she is present at an evening because she has an affair wuth Gad Rl Maleh

I do not think that Pauline seeks for fame. Their mother has always kept them far away from celebrity lights

All right, WONDERFUL PICS (never quote noticed before how Pauline & Stephanie have the same exquisite eyes)! :flowers:

And those trophies are superb, makes me want to win one, seriously you can tell that a lot of thought & artistry went into the making of each one. :cool:

BRAVO! :heart:

I am really looking forward to seeing all the pictures from the Circus Festival. Prior to joining this forum I would have seen very little.

Obviously I knew of Stephanie's great love for the circus, her time spent with that artistic community and so on. However, I hadn't realised that she inherited that love from Prince Rainier who, being passionate about the circus, set up the festival in 1974.

And now it seems that that passion has been passed on to Pauline.

How truly wonderful. !!

I guess we will not only see pictures but also live pictures at monaco.info.

Aww I love the pics of Stephanie and Pauline with the trophies. Pauline is really growing up fast.

Last edited:
Love,love Pauline Ducruet..so refreshingly beautiful,lovely legs! looking forward to seeing more pictures of her.

Thanks Icy for doing such a wonderful job,updating and all!

I love pauline's hair!!!:cool:
I mean that new hair cut makes her so much lovely, young and beautiful!!! What about the dress?? Good choice, just marvelous!!!!

Thanks ice, you great (as usual) :ROFLMAO:

Wow, I love her new haircut and she has style. She is just gorgeous here.

For someone who cares so much about nature and the planet I don't know how PA can support any kind of circus show that involves wild animals being forced to perform unnatural and humiliating tricks. It's all so wrong and out of date that I can't believe such a famous family would associate itself with this.

:previous: You've made a very good point,Angela :)

I'm sorry but people should be more worried about the animals that are been kill every single day because of us in the wild.
I mean this animals are not "wild" they have been in captivity for generations...at least they have someone who cares about them and treat them well (obviously there are exceptions but what can we do? we can't know everthing...).
The way I see it we should be more worried about the real wild animals and protect their territory and environment, and see the circus as a way of education about the respect, care and love for animals among other stuff of course. :)

Back
Top Bottom