HSH Prince Rainier has died!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the family the very best. we have now lost 2 great men.....how very sad.:(

The funeral will be on 15th April.The Prince's body will lie in state on Monday.

According to Scotsman.com,Prince Charles is likely continuing his honeymoon and will not attend the funeral of Prince Rainier.It's likely that Prince Andrew will represent the Queen at the Funeral.

What a sad week it has been around the world. Even though his death was expected, it doesn't make it any easier to accept. My heart goes out to his children and grandchildren. At least there is comfort to be taken in the fact that he is now in a better place and once again with Grace.

My condolences to his family.

May he rest in peace.

Though this was expected, it is still very horrible and sad. I send my condolences and wish for the very best for both his family and the people of Monaco who have lost both a father and a leader. May he rest in peace.

I was sorry to hear this news, but I expected it. I wish Albert good luck, because
I read a sorry where a 21-yea-old man in Monaco said he felt like an orphan.

NOW RANIER, GRACE AND STEFANO ARE TOGETHER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

very sad. wishing the family all the strength in the world.

Infos of Prince Rainier's funeral

The Prince Rainier's funeral take place the 15th april at 12:00 in monaco.
Many foreign personality ( political and royalty) are presents to his funeral.
The princely family and the house of the sovereign will be in mourning during 3 months (to the 6th july 2005) and for the state employee the bereavement will last 1 months (to 6th may 2005)
In the palace's chapel the Prince Rainier's hide will be exhibit on monday for the official and tuesday for the Monegasque.

So to my mind all the dates of monaco will be cancelled until to 6th july 2005 !

Thanks Nina!Sorry thi is Offthread:the montecarlo tennis, wich was going on Monday is cancelled?

Ranier death is sad, but as verydrea says "he is with Grace and Stefano", I think that those 3 are caring the family now...

My prays are with Ranier.

no the tennis tournament of next week is not cancelled! but all the festivities around it are! it would bring too many complications to cancel a tennis tournament!

no the tennis tournament of next week is not cancelled! but all the festivities around it are! it would bring too many complications to cancel a tennis tournament!

Thanks Cath85!. I thoth the same too: cancelled the tournament, would be imposible!

Have the children been seen at all since he passed?

Federer pays tribute to Rainer

Federer pays tribute to Rainer
From correspondents in Monaco
April 7, 2005

WORLD No.1 Roger Federer has led the tributes from the tennis world to Prince Rainier of Monaco, who died overnight.

The Swiss, who is due to be top seed at the annual Monte Carlo Masters here next week, said the 81-year-old ruler had been a key figure in the growth of the sport in the tiny principality.

"I want to express my deepest condolences to the royal family and the people of Monaco," said Federer.

"I remember how much Prince Rainier embraced the tournament. It will be difficult to play there at this time, but we will do so to honour the Prince, the royal family and the people of Monaco." The Monte Carlo Masters, which starts on Monday, will go ahead as planned despite the death of the prince but the ATP, the governing body of the sport, said that traditional festivities on the sidelines of the event will be cancelled as a mark of respect.

Agence France-Presse

My questionis abou the title of Rainier , HSH stand for "His Soverign Highness " right?????

Please tell me..
HRH stand for Her/His Royal Highness right

My sympty(sp?) goes to the family... May He rest in Peace......

Thank you
karla64

karla64 said:
My questionis abou the title of Rainier , HSH stand for "His Soverign Highness " right?????

Please tell me..
HRH stand for Her/His Royal Highness right

My sympty(sp?) goes to the family... May He rest in Peace......

Thank you
karla64

HSH stands for "His Serene Highness" and you are right about HRH.

who will attend Royals guests? for Prince Rainier's funeral

Sara Boyce

marezdote said:
HSH stands for "His Serene Highness" and you are right about HRH.

Thank you for the answer.. have a good day....

karla64

sara1981 said:

Sara Boyce

Well,

Probalby Prince Charles???? still in his honeymoon

I don't know about other member royal family.. we will find out later soon...

Prince Andrew will attend the funeral representing the British Royal Family as Prince Charles will be on his honeymoon.

I read in a newspaper today that Albert, Caroline and Stephanie are having legal disputes about Prince Rainier's will. Apparently Stephanie was supposed to get £500million but now she will only receive £17million. Does anybody know anything about this?

I haven't read anything credible about the will.

I would expect we will see very high level representation from all the royal houses in Europe.

sara1981 said:

Sara Boyce

We will probably hear some tiime this weekend or early next week. Right now they probably aren't commenting because they are stilll focusing on the Pope's funeral.

In Monaco now:

Attachments

• arainier1.jpg
    arainier1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 288
  • arainier2.jpg
    arainier2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 249
  • arainier3.jpg
    arainier3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 252
  • arainier4.jpg