Grimaldi Family Cars

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CasiraghiTrio

Heir Apparent , TRF Author, Royal Blogger
City
Burbank
Country
United States
Another member and I got off on a tangent in a current events about cars. I haven't noticed any thread about the cars driven by Grimaldis, and Casiraghis. So maybe we can post some pictures and discuss the cars we see them driving, or being driven in, out and about.

Off the top of head, I can remember seeing..... the Casiraghis driving (or riding in)....

*Green Audi?? something (Caroline, Charlotte, Pierre in December 2007)
Picture Picture 2
*Vintage Mercedes (many X, Caroline & family)
Picture Picture 2
*Silver Mercedes convertible coupe (Pierre, just once in 2002 or 2003)
*Silver 3-door VW Golf (Pierre, many times in 2006/2007)
Picture
*Silver 5-door VW Golf with 0007 license plate (Andrea in 2002/2003)
Picture Picture 2
*Silver VW Golf (Charlotte a few times in 2002/2003)
*?Black Toyota Rav4 (Charlotte in 2004)
*Green Dodge Durango (Caroline & Charlotte in September 2003)
Picture
*Some kind of ?Mazda (Andrea in Senegal)
Picture Picture 2
*Black Lincoln Town Car (Charlotte in NYC, October 2003)
Picture
*???? (Charlotte, Summer 2005)
Picture
*Driving school car (Charlotte, summer 2004)
Picture
*?? VW convertible (Andrea, summer 2007, ALSO WITH HIS 0007 PLATES ;))
Picture

Picture sources: Worldroots, VR, Townsend, Oggi, IBL

Last edited:
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/10/international/europe/10albert.html
[Prince Albert] drives a hybrid gas-and-electric Lexus S.U.V.
There is a picture of his car here:
La principauté de Monaco se met au vert par Le blog auto: actualités automobile et sport automobile
It is a Lexus RX 400h. This is at least what he was driving in 2005.

Here are Corbis pictures of Princess Stephanie & Daniel Ducruet, in 1996, driving a yellow sports car.
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Pierre Casiraghi, in 2001, riding in a Renault during the F1 Grand Prix in Monte Carlo (also Corbis)

That's a Volkswagen Eos convertible, cool car BTW :).

Smush, do you think you saw her car whilst you were in Monaco? Ooooh, that would be exciting (not spoofing you).

Yes. I'm pretty sure of that.
While we were going to the palace (every day!) there was a black or dark blue VW Passat CC standing at the garage and the plate nr. was 003.
My husband and I were thinking if this might be one of the Grimaldi Family cars. Since Albert's plate nr. is 001 ;)
And if you look at the wedding of Charlene and Albert her Lexus drove past the houses of Caro and Steph and there was the VW Passat CC again.
And if it wouldn't be the car of Albert's sister it would have certainly be removed for savety measures!

I thought the royal family had 3 zeros before the number. I remember PC having 0007 for many years. She may have given it to Andrea now. Maybe they have changed it to 2 zeros. I wonder if Roger Moore has 007!

Plate nr. for the Lexus at the wedding is 001M.
Another Lexus - no convertible - of Albert and Charlene has got nr. plate MC01.
To my knowledge Albert never used 000.

prince albert offered a car to charlene some days before their wedding, an electric auto

Olycom - News

the princess charlene'car on the place of the palace

Olycom - News

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert auctioning off pieces from his father's beloved car collection

On July 26, 2012 Prince Albert of Monaco will auction 38 models from Prince Rainier’s car collection . Prince Rainier had collected and restored about 100 models. Prince Albert stated that he wishes to update the car collection.

From Bentleys to Beetles: Monaco prince's car collection up for auction (and there's something for all tastes... and budgets)
This fantastic array of classic, sporty, unusual and downright down-to-earth cars offers millionaires and the common man alike a 'unique opportunity' to own a piece of motoring history. They are being auctioned off tomorrow by the Prince of Monaco, whose late father Rainer III spent years assembling one of the most famous collections in the world. The vehicles range from immaculate examples of a 1953 Cadillac and a 1950s Bentley S1 through to a number of bargain basement models such as a Fiat 500 and a Citroen estate.
That is an incredible collection!
I LOVE cars and if I had access to the trust fund, I'd be on a shopping spree in no time. The 1937 Jaguar and 1956 Bentley S1 are just gorgeous.

I've seen the collection last year in Monaco and it was great!
So many OLD cars, so many NEW cars... I would love to have the Mercedes SLR :cool:

Back
Top Bottom