General Questions about the Princely Family of Monaco Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrandDuchess-Thanks for posting this interesting article.

Independent Woman-I fully agree the world needs Monaco. It is a gem that is getting more valuable as the world around it spurs rapidly into the future.

Rarotonga-You nailed it. While it is imperative Monaco holds tightly onto its history and traditions, it too must evolve in order to effectively work with outside entities.

Grecka- good one. Thanks for the laugh. :p

My two cents-I really do not see a need for Albert to rush into a marriage. He'll do just fine managing Monaco on his own. Sure it may be more enjoyable with the right woman by his side, but it's not critical to Monaco's future. There are plenty of other heirs around to take over should the eventual need arise. Furthermore, I think Monaco is showing its willingness to evolve. It is seeking other avenues to derive income, it remains diligently involved in world affairs, all the while continuing to preserve the qualities that make Monaco unique and special. I don't think there is any place (even remotely) like it in the world, and for that reason I can't imagine it falling out of favor.

Well they're been around for over 700 years now...they're survived that long despite many obstacles and people's doubt there is not reason really that the can't survive another 700 years ^__^

Have any of Caroline's children shown an active interest in the actual business of running Monaco? It is a near absolute-principality, right? With the PR having a great deal of power.

Originally posted by Paulina@Jul 5th, 2004 - 11:24 pm
Have any of Caroline's children shown an active interest in the actual business of running Monaco? It is a near absolute-principality, right? With the PR having a great deal of power.
I haven't noticed any real active involvement in running Monaco from Caroline's children apart from the occasional appearance with their mother and step-father at certain functions and celebration but apart from that there most active involvement would be looking pretty and cute and providing the press with their latest gossip :p

Australian visit?

Has any of the Monegasque royals ever been to Australia?

Yes

Prince Albert was there before and during the Sydney Olympics. I don't know about the others of the Princely family.

Ah....when Pierre and i marry there will definitely be MANY Monegasque royal visits to Australia but until then we just hope that another city in Australia gets to host the Olympics again!!! hahaha

Principalities have no kings, only sovereign princes .. so even when he takes over the crown, he will remain a prince ... but NO longer Hereditary Prince, but Sovereign Prince.

Natalie Portman is wonderful, beautiful and intelligent with her Harvard background.

One has to ask themselves, he has had access to ALL Hollywood women for decades, and he has NOT taken up with ANY of them. He is looking for something else. Something different. He does NOT have the same needs his father did and he does NOT want to see someone's career clipped like his mother's ... the sadness would be too great for him to watch.

Also, he needs someone he loves who can weather the beating she will take from the media and relatives.

He will choose someone flawed with a portable career and who can stand her ground with all those around him.

He will choose someone his sister's love and get along with and he will have some children.

I have heard it said that he will find a woman in a country which ties her to more than one country with French and English-speaking people, this would naturally increase trade and tourism to Monaco; and she will be bright, intelligent, have weathered great ordeals in life which will make her perfect to handle anything which is thrown at her, she will be talented in her own rights, able to have a business/financial conversation with him and others in his circle, but be able to step back out of the limelight and make him shine even more with her modesty.

He will marry someone with a deep spiritual background, remember, he adored his mother who believed in angels, spirits, astrology, fortune-tellers, and Fate more than anyone else around him. He will look for someone who indulges this part of him as few people are centred and deep enough to be open to this and be well-educated.

She will look more like his sisters than his mother, he has had little luck with blondes and is very, VERY comfortable with his sisters.

This is hard to find and he is still looking for these qualities.

But he is STILL looking and he will find her next year! Just wait and see!

:eek:)

Last edited by a moderator:
He will marry someone from an exotic location who is well-bred and speaks English and French and who can captivate an audience for more than her looks and acting or singing .. she will be someone who will be changing the world when he meets her ...

He wants to marry someone he feels is better than he is ... then he will be happy having her love him back ...

so you say he is gay-i guess i would be happy too if i had all that money-lol
but here is a thought-can he really marry whomever he wants;black or white, very poor etc?
my personal opinion is he couldnt,he would have to stay with a certain type of person.

Do they go to Church?

Does the serene family go to church does anyone know?

Australian said:
Does the serene family go to church does anyone know?
it was my understanding that there is a chapel within their palace, and that they attend there.

Hi Aussie, I was about to say the same thing. On special occasions Mass is part of the celebration and they publicly attend. If I recall correctly thought I read somewhere the Reigning Prince is the head of the Church in Monaco. Those who thought Princess Caroline wanted her marriage annulled from her first husband so her children would be inline for the throne also didn't realize as a Catholic she wasn't able to take communion as long as the Church viewed her still married to him. It made her children illegitimate in the eyes of the Church and her as living in sin as a married woman.

BTW Serene is a good answer and mine as well. Serene is a state of tranquility as if in the sky, sea or light. Heavens above, angels, Eden where God placed a cherubim and the fiery ever-turning sword, to guard the way to the tree of life.

LadyMacAlpine said:
If I recall correctly thought I read somewhere the Reigning Prince is the head of the Church in Monaco.

In Catholic countries Christ is the head of the Church. The Archbishop of Monaco is the leader of the Church in Monaco. The idea of a monarch being the head of the church only exists in Protestant countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
In an interview some time ago Rainier declared that, as Caroline couldn' take the communion during public functions until her second husband died, and as the celebrant usually approaches the Princely family to communicate them (they do not stand up and go to the altar) the whole family stopped taking the comunion during public functions not to make her too uncomfortable (as apparently she was quite upset by this state of things).The first time she could take comunion in public (I stress in public as I guessed from the interview she kept having it privately) was at her husband's funeral.

What about Caroline and her kids?

Do they go to church? Are they together enough to do that? Does anyone know where?

Lsale25048

Somehow I knew if I didn't back it up what I wrote something would be said.

From Catechism of the Catholic Church Father T. uses in class.

2384 Divorce is a grave offense against the natural law. It claims to break the contract to which the spouses freely consented, to live with each other till death. Divorce does injury to the covenant of salvation, of which sacramental marriage is the sign. Contracting a new union, even if it is recognized by civil law, add to the gravity of the rupture: the remarried spouse is then in a situation of public and permanent adultery:

Pope Cracks Down On Communion Rules
Reminds That Remarried Catholics Cannot Take Communion

Apr 18, 2003 1:53 pm US/Central
VATICAN CITY (AP) Pope John Paul II, cracking down on what he considers serious abuses in his flock, issued a stern reminder Thursday that divorced Roman Catholics who remarry cannot receive communion.

Lsale25048 said:
Do they go to church?

If they do, they don't seem to be paying much attention to what's been said there. I can't think of another nominally Roman Catholic family whose lives go against the Vatican's teachings on marriage, divorce, out of wedlock children, adultery, etc.

I know very well that officially for the Catholic Church divorced people are not allowed to have communion, but I can tell you, living in a very Catholic country like Italy, that this rule is not always respected and priests tend to judge differently according to the single situation or person. Anyway in public Caroline didn't have the communion, but we can't know what happened when she was not in the spot light; in the interview (which was not to Prince Rainier but to an Archbishop by the way) they didn't say she broke this rule in private, I just guessed it from what was said, so it is my supposition.

Bye

Grace said:
I know very well that officially for the Catholic Church divorced people are not allowed to have communion, Bye

Divorced people can receive communion in the Catholic Church, it is only if they re-marry that they are barred from doing so.

Not only if they remarry, but also if they have new relationships and new affairs...anyway in general the Catholic Church doesn't accept divorce as it considers marriage unbreakable...

Iain said:
Divorced people can receive communion in the Catholic Church, it is only if they re-marry that they are barred from doing so.
Only separated people can receive communion unless they have any extramarital relationships. Divorced people can't take communion. Only the Sacred Rota can annull a religious marriage.

Ciao,

Tosca

It is so sad that the catholic church's stance on this is not Biblical, but rather the legalistic tendencies of men

Reina said:
It is so sad that the catholic church's stance on this is not Biblical, but rather the legalistic tendencies of men
Malachi 2:14-16: "Marriage is a solemn agreement before God; hence those who divorce their wives are guilty not merely of covenant breaking but of blasphemy."

Luke 16:18: "Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery."

The above is what the Catholic Church bases it's teaching on divorce on and it is therefore hardly "not biblical."

lets get this topic on a royal track again as it is a royal forum

Ok..but where is the part about not being able to take communion. and yes it is adultery in some cases to get divorced, but God also forgives ppl who seek it. so for the "church" to control ppl like that is not Biblical-it is legalistic-and that is a sin just like adultery

Now let's get back on topic

Reina said:
Ok..but where is the part about not being able to take communion. and yes it is adultery in some cases to get divorced, but God also forgives ppl who seek it. so for the "church" to control ppl like that is not Biblical-it is legalistic-and that is a sin just like adultery

Now let's get back on topic
We should go back to the Counter-Reformation days, and this is not the right place to talk about that topic.

Baci, baci, baci,

Tosca

marriage and the Bible

1 Corinthians 7: 15 - 16

15But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?
:)

Iain said:
Malachi 2:14-16: "Marriage is a solemn agreement before God; hence those who divorce their wives are guilty not merely of covenant breaking but of blasphemy."

Luke 16:18: "Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery."

The above is what the Catholic Church bases it's teaching on divorce on and it is therefore hardly "not biblical."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom