The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2021, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I think sometimes "First Lady" is used as in this example to mean "official hostess" and "most senior lady in the land" i.e. taking the role the Princess Consort of Monaco would have, that doesn't necessarily translate to being in charge legally when Albert is away. I'm not sure Monaco would have such strict rules about the sovereign Prince being out the country as the family have so many estates out of the country (Roc Agel and Chateau Marchais, in France for example) it may be unworkable to have strict rules which come into affect when the Prince it out of the country, maybe they only appoint Regents when the sovereign is unable to discharge their duties (so if Albert can work e-mail, phone and fax he's fine but if he couldn't - as we saw when Rainier was seriously ill in his last days - a regent is appointed)
Yes, precisely. The House Law provides for a regency in the event that the Sovereign Prince is unable to discharge his duties or he is not of age. But there is nothing in the House Law in relation to the Sovereign Prince merely being out of the country.

Art. 7. S’Il est temporairement empêché et pour la durée de l’empêchement, le Prince Régnant peut, par ordonnance souveraine, déléguer l’exercice de Ses pouvoirs au Prince Héréditaire majeur. Si le Prince Héréditaire est mineur, bénéficie de cette délégation le conjoint du Prince Régnant ou, à défaut, l’héritier majeur le plus proche dans l’ordre successoral.

Art. 8. En l’absence de la délégation mentionnée à l’article précédent ou dans le cas d’un empêchement devenu définitif, l’impossibilité pour le Prince Régnant d’exercer ses fonctions est constatée par le Conseil de la Couronne, saisi par le Secrétaire d’Etat ou, à défaut, par le Président du Conseil d’Etat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
I don't know if it's true, but it isn't my imigination. I've read it.
cdm was only pointing out that the question was in regard to regents, as distinct from first ladies.

Old 08-07-2021, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

Monaco - The secrets of a true luxury stay

Apologies if this is not the right place to post it!

Old 08-07-2021, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Monaco - The secrets of a true luxury stay

Apologies if this is not the right place to post it!
very impressive! thank you, azure
Old 12-30-2021, 11:15 PM
Commoner

The Throne in the Palace

Does anyone have any information on the physical throne that sits in the Throne Room at the Prince’s Palace?

When was it commissioned, how old is it, who made it, etc.

I’d love to know the history as this is one of the only physical historic pieces associated with the crown.