The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2017, 01:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Monaco's plan to reclaim 15 acres of land from the Med

Monaco's £1.5billion plan to reclaim land from the sea | Daily Mail Online

Princess Caroline talking about her distant relationship with her mother "We were closer to our nanny", and how she and Prince Albert couldn't eat with their parents until they were 14.

Princess Caroline opens up about her distant relationship with Grace Kelly | Daily Mail Online

Princess Caroline and Prince Albert of Monaco Interview New Book | PEOPLE.com

Old 11-23-2017, 05:55 AM
Administrator

The 41st and last edition of the Monegasques Annals has been published this month:

** fb gallery ** annales-monegasques.mc **

Old 11-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

That is sad if it is the last edition. Why is it stopping? Although it can appear a little dry to those of us whose reading of French leaves a lot to be desired, there have been two lovely photographic editions commemorating Grace and Rainier. I guess the early editions must be collectors' items.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
That is sad if it is the last edition. Why is it stopping? Although it can appear a little dry to those of us whose reading of French leaves a lot to be desired, there have been two lovely photographic editions commemorating Grace and Rainier. I guess the early editions must be collectors' items.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 12-30-2017, 01:44 AM
Administrator

Monaco Info has created a review of some of the highlights for Monaco in 2017:

Old 04-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Caroline talking about her distant relationship with her mother "We were closer to our nanny", and how she and Prince Albert couldn't eat with their parents until they were 14.

Princess Caroline opens up about her distant relationship with Grace Kelly | Daily Mail Online

Trust the Daily Mail to conflate what she actually said into a "distant relationship". I've read the book and the headline isn't quite accurate. Also, they didn't have an upbringing any different from other children of their background and status at the time, with their parents a lot more present than in other royal families.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Trust the Daily Mail to conflate what she actually said into a "distant relationship". I've read the book and the headline isn't quite accurate. Also, they didn't have an upbringing any different from other children of their background and status at the time, with their parents a lot more present than in other royal families.

I completely agree with you . I have read the book and What she meant was due to the very busy schedule of the parents the nanny was very much in charge with their education as it was common in their social background. It was not meant as if their parents were distant .
Old 04-07-2018, 09:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:

In Albert's interview at "People", he says for Caroline:
“She is not the heir to the throne, but she too will have her part of the job to do,” he said. “My sisters do a lot of things, a day will come when they will necessarily be less present, less active. And where someone else will have to assume their responsibilities.”
It sounds that in the future he will not need his sisters's help. Especially Caroline has had a lot for Monaco. Maybe I make a mistake, but I didn't like his point of view.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
In Albert's interview at "People", he says for Caroline:
“She is not the heir to the throne, but she too will have her part of the job to do,” he said. “My sisters do a lot of things, a day will come when they will necessarily be less present, less active. And where someone else will have to assume their responsibilities.”
It sounds that in the future he will not need his sisters's help. Especially Caroline has had a lot for Monaco. Maybe I make a mistake, but I didn't like his point of view.
No, he said that there will be a time where they won't be undertaking those duties (they're getting older and aren't part of the Sovereign family, have their own families) so of necessity Gabriella will have a similar role with Jacques that they have had with him. In fact, in the book he (and his sisters) talk quite a lot about how they still work together, and how they support him.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
No, he said that there will be a time where they won't be undertaking those duties (they're getting older and aren't part of the Sovereign family, have their own families) so of necessity Gabriella will have a similar role with Jacques that they have had with him. In fact, in the book he (and his sisters) talk quite a lot about how they still work together, and how they support him.
Oh thank you, Florestane
Old 07-19-2018, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Today, July 19, the Princely Palace of Monaco participates in the "3rd edition of PalaceDay, under the theme "A Place at the Royal Table", on the occasion of the European Year of Cultural Heritage".

** fb gallery: PalaceDay: A place at the Royal Table **
Old 08-13-2018, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Count Louis de Causans seeks compensation from the French State, because according to his statements his ancestors should have become the princes of Monaco. it requires 350 million euros in damages

https://www.businessinsider.com/aris...-throne-2018-8

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hrone-row.html

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6264979

And if someone wonder... Why Monaco doesn't have kings or Queens?

https://monacowealthmanagement.com/2...ngs-or-queens/
Old 08-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Count Louis de Causans seeks compensation from the French State, because according to his statements his ancestors should have become the princes of Monaco. it requires 350 million euros in damages

https://www.businessinsider.com/aris...-throne-2018-8

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6264979
What a waste of the French taxpayers money. He doesn't stand a chance. Even if he was in the line of succession he'd be so far down he'd have no official role in Monaco. He talks about the Urach claim without even being descended from them. His claim is so old it's pre-revolutionary.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Has he based his claim on descendancy from Princess Honorine de Monaco daughter of Prince Joseph of Monaco?
Old 08-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Has he based his claim on descendancy from Princess Honorine de Monaco daughter of Prince Joseph of Monaco?
Yes, that's right.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

The article says something about the Urach line. But i can't find out he how he is related to the Urach's.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The article says something about the Urach line. But i can't find out he how he is related to the Urach's.
He's descended from a granddaughter of Honore III through his second son Joseph while the Urachs are descended from a great-granddaughter through his eldest son and heir Honore IV.
This great-granddaughter, named Florestine, married the first Duke of Urach.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
He's descended from a granddaughter of Honore III through his second son Joseph while the Urachs are descended from a great-granddaughter through his eldest son and heir Honore IV.
This great-granddaughter, named Florestine, married the first Duke of Urach.

I know about the Urach-Württemberg marriage. But the article qoutes him as saying bhis ancestor Guillaume II. of Urach which is obviously wrong.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I know about the Urach-Württemberg marriage. But the article qoutes him as saying bhis ancestor Guillaume II. of Urach which obviously wrong.
Yes, I know it's a very strange article. I've goggled and found some French articles that I had translated into English which are better written and seems more factual.
That said I have no idea where he thinks his lawsuit will lead.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The claim is laughable ,surely he knows he hasn't a hope in hell!